Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The pulse system explained...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

The pulse system explained...

Jan 21, 2021, 2:28 PM

I only have a minute, so let me see if I can explain in short manner.

Wanna know why don't you have 100% pulse?

Did you know the TD wasn't created until well after the TU? That is, pulses were grandfathered-in.

Before there were TDs there were only TUs. By the time the TD was created many users has already accumulated points without having the threat of TDs.

When the pulse system was created, users were allowed to inherit, or "grandfather-in" their points and corresponding %. This allowed posters who were grandfathered-in to further post and accumulate points without the threat of dropping below 100%.

So again, wanna know why don't you have 100% pulse?

Lemme explain by use of examples. Lemme see if I can get this right...

Example 1: If a user was grandfathered in with 10,000 TUs, then it would take 56 TDs to drop him to 99%.

Example 2: If a user started out with 1,000 TUs, then it would take 6 TDs to drop him to 99%.

Example 3: If a user came in with 100 TUs, then it would take 1 TD to drop him to 99%.

Safe to say, if the pulse system was started anew today, then in very short time NOBODY would have a 100% pulse.

Prove me wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever noticed that successful people...

Jan 21, 2021, 2:30 PM

never make excuses for why they are successful?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

D'oh !!!!!***

Jan 21, 2021, 2:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Have you ever noticed that successful people...

Jan 21, 2021, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Have you ever noticed that successful people... ]

Without excuses, they would have no history... kinda like a Christmas Carol and the ghosts of past present and future.

Maybe you lost sight of the point?

Jan 21, 2021, 4:41 PM

What does cocky have to do with anything?

Jan 21, 2021, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Have you ever noticed that successful people... ]

Mic drop...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Have you ever noticed that successful people... ]

Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard it is because of white privilege.

Re: The pulse system explained...

Jan 21, 2021, 2:34 PM

IF you click Alt, then Shift when you TD someone, It gives them 30 TDs, but you have to be really quick and hit them in precisely that order. If you have a MAC this will not work.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or...

Jan 21, 2021, 2:38 PM

people could spend absolutely zero time worrying about something that is completely irrelevant and meaningless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

if you hold down ALT and press F4, you 100 TUs!***

Jan 21, 2021, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: The pulse system explained... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 21, 2021, 2:40 PM

Also, the Administrator password here is tigernet1234. This is how I took all of Bob's points.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 3:18 PM

Me thinks that you're going to have a little trouble from Bob for doing that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??????

Jan 21, 2021, 2:45 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are plenty of people who joined after the TU/TD system

Jan 21, 2021, 2:48 PM

was in place and have a 100% pulse. So yeah, you’re wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Very true.....

Jan 21, 2021, 3:36 PM

TD has been here since the day I started.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very true.....

Jan 21, 2021, 9:33 PM

Pretty sure it was when I joined too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very true.....

Jan 23, 2021, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Very true..... ]

Same here

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

ok well

Jan 23, 2021, 11:17 PM [ in reply to There are plenty of people who joined after the TU/TD system ]

Obviously they either played super nice and toed a line, or they just never said anything that 100% of the people here agreed with, or they have never said anything, or they don't have 100% pulse.

Just to provide a very clear example you surely can agree with - if the pulse system was reset today, you wouldnt have 100%. Right?

Jan 21, 2021, 2:49 PM

So how many TUs have you gotten?

Jan 21, 2021, 2:52 PM

Btw I came in with 0 TUs. Yes I’ve had my share of TDs but I guess I’m generally not that big of a #### so I’m living proof.

You should try poasting more positive stuff about the team you claim to be a fan of. Those types of poasts seem to get TUs more frequently than negative ones.

You also raised a ton of red flags when you first ever post EVER was one saying Coach Elliott should go to Tennessee. Did you really think that was going to be receptive to the audience here?

I'm not sure about all that BUT - I DO have 1st hand

Jan 21, 2021, 2:52 PM

knowledge on how to get a pulse from 28% to 27%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I'm not sure about all that BUT - I DO have 1st hand

Jan 21, 2021, 3:19 PM

I’m late cuz 23!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that jibberish just earned a thumbs down...***

Jan 21, 2021, 2:53 PM

Re: All I know is that jibberish just earned a thumbs down...***

Jan 21, 2021, 3:03 PM

I’m working on a new fail safe system that will make everything always workout perfectly for me.....forever. I’ll let everyone know as soon as I have it up and running.

Jan 21, 2021, 2:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Over under on how many days until you get the hammer?

Jan 21, 2021, 2:57 PM

My guess is 2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 21, 2021, 3:00 PM

I'm pretty sure the pulse system was around before I joined in 2017. I've gotten plenty of them also.

Jan 21, 2021, 3:10 PM

I disagree that it is meaningless. You can read a negative post about a Clemson team from someone with a 37% pulse and you know immediately that it is a coot or leghumper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 3:02 PM

Whose scok is this?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 21, 2021, 3:05 PM

Boy. Now I am educated on the system. I will be dangerous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like somebody's tired of picking of their steak and

Jan 21, 2021, 3:07 PM

just biting into it.

null

Re: Pulse explained...

Jan 21, 2021, 3:17 PM

Does the OP want some cheese with that Whine.

Jan 21, 2021, 3:17 PM

Why is it you low pulse losers always whine about the pulse system ??

I wasn’t grandfathered into anything. You have a low pulse because you have a low IQ. Take your statement, “wanna know why don’t you...”

Scram coot.

raciss***

Jan 23, 2021, 11:22 PM

Jan 21, 2021, 3:23 PM

Doc said my pulse was just fine, hope everyone else is the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits...

Jan 21, 2021, 4:39 PM

Is that successful?

Re: I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits...

Jan 21, 2021, 4:40 PM

Still no TUs huh ??. You know you could always pitch in and donate to TNET. Then you could work on TDing everyone else to level the playing field of low pulses.

I’m sure a brain surgeon making 6 digits wouldn’t mind throwing $100 bucks in the pot to support the website

Message was edited by: RunJumpCatch®

And yet you still can't figure the pulse thing out?***

Jan 21, 2021, 5:05 PM [ in reply to I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Shore is JETHRO........

Jan 21, 2021, 5:13 PM [ in reply to I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits... ]

Now you can tell Ellie Mae, Granny, and Uncle Jed.

Jan 21, 2021, 6:16 PM [ in reply to I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits... ]

Jethro's math explains it too**

Naught X Naught = Naught**

Every brain surgeon I know makes 7 figures.

Jan 21, 2021, 6:35 PM [ in reply to I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits... ]

So no, that’s not.

I sirisly doubt you know ANY brain surgeons.

Jan 21, 2021, 7:58 PM

coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 21, 2021, 8:16 PM [ in reply to I'm a brain surgeon making 6 digits... ]

Well, I can’t say for sure, but I’d bet the farm that actual brain surgeons can speak/type using proper grammar so that means you are lying. Again.

Jan 21, 2021, 5:02 PM

Thnx for the example of how that works, now you can splain it to your peckerhead buddies.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumb me down 100,000 times and let’s see what happenz***

Jan 21, 2021, 5:08 PM

Done.***

Jan 21, 2021, 5:49 PM

Thank you.***

Jan 21, 2021, 6:12 PM

Was it good? Like, did it cause goosebumps, chills, cold

Jan 21, 2021, 8:10 PM

sweats, heart palpitations or anything else that might last longer than just a few fleeting moments?

TIA

Wow! I can honestly say I've never seen someone beg for TDs

Jan 21, 2021, 6:15 PM

like this!

Point parties, yes. TD parties, this is a first.

BTW, Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You went to a lot of trouble explaining why people

Jan 21, 2021, 7:50 PM

have a 100% pulse when your question was why people don't have a 100% pulse . Never even addressed the question you raised - are you confusing the fact that you HAD brain surgery with the fantasy that you ARE a brain surgeon?

Jan 21, 2021, 8:05 PM

Here’s a better explanation, Tulsi Gabbard said Congress shocked her when she first got there because it turned out to be like high school. She should spend the day on tiger net!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I will never understand the fascination grown men have with points and pulse ratings!

This would be a great topic for a psychology major to do a PhD paper on and I think it says something about the toxic and addictive nature of the way social media ##### with our brains and creates clicks which is making somebody money! I know one thing it’s not healthy!

If you want to know how smart phones, social media, big tech, etc. have led to the polarization and division in America watch the documentary, “The Social Dilemma”, as well as googling Jonathan Haidt and watching his videos or reading his book, “the coddling of the American mind”. Joe Rogan has covered all of this on his podcast as well.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Are those videos & podcasts considered

Jan 21, 2021, 8:17 PM

social media? If so, I believe I will pass and rely on my psychology degrees to decide about those things

Message was edited by: clover65®

Re: Are those videos & podcasts considered

Jan 21, 2021, 9:48 PM

“The Social Dilemma" is worth watching.

And I can't believe I'm agreeing with something Lowcntry has posted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JRE****

Jan 21, 2021, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The pulse system explained... ]

Jan 21, 2021, 8:33 PM

My pulse is my mental foundation and provides me with strength in everything I do.

Jan 21, 2021, 9:25 PM

I only have a minute, so let me see if I can explain in short manner.

Wanna know why don't you have 100% pulse?

Did you know the TD wasn't created until well after the TU? That is, pulses were grandfathered-in.

Before there were TDs there were only TUs. By the time the TD was created many users has already accumulated points without having the threat of TDs.

When the pulse system was created, users were allowed to inherit, or "grandfather-in" their points and corresponding %. This allowed posters who were grandfathered-in to further post and accumulate points without the threat of dropping below 100%.

So again, wanna know why don't you have 100% pulse?

Lemme explain by use of examples. Lemme see if I can get this right...

Example 1: If a user was grandfathered in with 10,000 TUs, then it would take 56 TDs to drop him to 99%.

Example 2: If a user started out with 1,000 TUs, then it would take 6 TDs to drop him to 99%.

Example 3: If a user came in with 100 TUs, then it would take 1 TD to drop him to 99%.

Safe to say, if the pulse system was started anew today, then in very short time NOBODY would have a 100% pulse.

Prove me wrong.

What did you say??

The only thing he said that makes sense

Jan 21, 2021, 9:35 PM

is the part where hr said 'Prove me wrong" - was the easiest part too.

Maff

Jan 22, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: The pulse system explained... ]

Google it

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic