Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here we are, 14-5 overall and 8-5 in the ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Here we are, 14-5 overall and 8-5 in the ACC.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:08 PM

We beat an ACC team on the road by 21, holding them to their season low point total (by a lot).

We have won 4 in a row, and 5 of our last 6 games.

We are now above .500 away from Littlejohn this year (5-4).

We are in 5th place in the ACC. Fourth place Louisville is within our sights. We will overtake them soon for 4th place.

We are one of very few teams in the country this year to not have a single quad 2, 3, or 4 loss. Incredible.

We are in great shape for the Big Dance, with many brackets having us as a 5 or 6 seed.

Great job by our players and coaches!

Support this team and enjoy this success we are having! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Here we are, 14-5 overall and 8-5 in the ACC.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:13 PM

Great job Judge! Did a great job of getting the team more prepared to compete this COVID pause compared to last time. Keep the momentum going at home vs Miami Saturday. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2021, 10:13 PM

Good win today! I was worried about the time off but the team played great! Granted Wake is terrible but you still have to show up and execute and we did. Defense should always travel and this road game it did that and than some.

I hope we finish strong and nail down a 5 seed. Win an ACc game or 2 and who knows what the seed could be. Really hoping this team gets back to a sweet 16. This time they will have had the experience and be ready. All that to say great win today and let’s focus on the next one.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:22 PM

THat is the point, defense should always be there, no excuses. It was superb!!

Makes you wonder what our record would have been had that

Feb 24, 2021, 11:32 PM

first COVID pause not thrown us out of synch like he seemed to have done.

null

Feb 25, 2021, 1:48 AM

I really love our depth, this team reminds me of FSU the last few seasons when they had so much depth off the bench. These guys are engaged & excited because they are all playing a role to help them win. If we had a couple of really good 3 point shooters we could beat anyone.

We have good inside depth and we are hard to stop when we drive to the basket looking to shoot pass & kick it back out if the shots not there. I’d love to see us play zone defense for a minute or two every quarter to give teams a different look in between applying pressure. Maybe BB has been holding some wrinkles for the Big Dance ????.

I’m excited about the kids we have, praying their shooting improves & they see the ball going in before they shoot.
I need some prayer partners here. Just maybe we could right that tourney loss many years ago with .8 seconds to go.

Let’s go Tigers, let’s win a Natty in Basketball with the greatest Clemson run ever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

And yet

Feb 25, 2021, 7:19 AM

There are teams with worse records ranked in the top 25. Ridiculous. Not to mention two top 10 teams WE HAVE BEATEN!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When HemENway is making it splash from downtown, one can _

Feb 25, 2021, 8:34 AM

Only ask “For Whom the Bell Tolls”.

(Gawd, that is so bad, Tropical is in a self imposed Board timeout until noon.)

A more worthwhile comment, Tyson 8 defensive rebounds and 10 overall rebounds in 22 minutes are outstanding.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs up for how horrifyingly bad that was...***

Feb 25, 2021, 9:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 8:40 AM

I dont see a team out there that we cannot beat.

This team certainly deserves to get an invite to the Dance.

Feb 25, 2021, 8:41 AM

But, we do NOT want to be a #5 seed. No point in tempting Fate and having to beat that 5/12 upset jinx.

I don't know if anyone has ever really published real stats, but it seems like those 5 vs 12 games provide at least one upset every tournament.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This team certainly deserves to get an invite to the Dance.

Feb 25, 2021, 8:44 AM

I think it's close to 40% of 12 seeds have won in the last 10 or 15 years. I cant remember exactly but I read about it when we were a 5 seed last time. We won though so...

Re: This team certainly deserves to get an invite to the Dance.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:31 AM [ in reply to This team certainly deserves to get an invite to the Dance. ]

Yeah...I'd really hate to have a first weekend repeat of the last time we were a 5-seed. Wouldn't want that at all.

Not to be a negative Nelly...

Feb 25, 2021, 8:43 AM

but if this team is going to make any noise in the ACC and NCAA Tournaments, they absolutely have to start shooting the ball, particularly from behind the arc, more consistently.

Defense won the day yesterday at Wake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Not to be a negative Nelly...

Feb 25, 2021, 8:59 AM

Yeah we do. Honor played his tail off on both ends of the court. Let's hope this will be the game that gives Hemingway the confidence to chunk the 3 ball as soon as he gets a good look.

Got to continue having that inside physical presence on the boards and limit the 2nd chance points.

Great team win. Good chance to make the 16 and see from there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake had plenty of good looks, just didn't go in

Feb 25, 2021, 9:06 AM

But a great win on the road.
Go Tigers Beat the canes

Feb 25, 2021, 9:29 AM

ok

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Avoid 7 and 8 Seed And We Good for Sweet 16***

Feb 25, 2021, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think seeding is important in the NCAA tourney......

Feb 25, 2021, 2:37 PM

this year. The entire tourney is in one place and I haven't seen a team this year that isn't beatable. As a matter of fact, they all look average to below average. If Brownell is going to make a final four this would be the year.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic