Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And y’all still think Brad Bowden is the best we can do?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

And y’all still think Brad Bowden is the best we can do?

Mar 18, 2019, 6:33 PM

Amanda Butler took a team that was averaging less than then wins a season since 2014, won 19 games, and made the tournament.

IN HER FIRST YEAR! And she faces all the same obstacles as Bubbly Brownell faces.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And y’all still think Brad Bowden is the best we can do?

Mar 18, 2019, 6:48 PM

I think you mean Brownell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And y’all still think Brad Bowden is the best we can do?

Mar 18, 2019, 6:49 PM

Super post Jeff.
Comparing women’s basketball to men’s ACC basketball when three of the one seeds are from the league tells me a lot.

Amanda did a great job but I doubt that she faced the same schedule as coach Brownell. You’re on the ball!

We played 3 of 32 games against those

Mar 18, 2019, 6:51 PM

number 1 seeds. Our schedule could not have been more favorable this year

Re: We played 3 of 32 games against those

Mar 18, 2019, 7:41 PM

to add on to that -- the women also played 3 games against #1 seeds. Women played 9 games against teams that finished ranked. Men played 7.

Mar 18, 2019, 7:48 PM [ in reply to We played 3 of 32 games against those ]

Exactly, thank you! We played 8 conference games against teams that finished with an overall losing record, and 7 of our 9 conference wins came against those teams. Our OOC schedule wasn’t anything impressive either, and we managed to lose 3 of those games as well.

Mar 18, 2019, 7:48 PM [ in reply to We played 3 of 32 games against those ]

Exactly, thank you! We played 8 conference games against teams that finished with an overall losing record, and 7 of our 9 conference wins came against those teams. Our OOC schedule wasn’t anything impressive either, and we managed to lose 3 of those games as well.

So basically, we sucked at men's basketball 2018-2019 season

Mar 18, 2019, 9:20 PM

,right? All these CBB protectors. Let's see what he does 2019-2020. I hate picking the same wrong coach over and over, but it's put up or shut up season next year. Not even counting NIT right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't looking good for next year. We'll be lucky to be .500.***

Mar 19, 2019, 9:09 AM

null

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, oh. There you go again.

Mar 18, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to We played 3 of 32 games against those ]

Telling the truth and making sense.

Given the current level of support from Clemson’s administration and fans?

Mar 18, 2019, 9:15 PM

Yes I do.

When considering all aspects of the program and how coaches are evaluated, he’s doing well.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Given the current level of support from Clemson’s administration and fans?

Mar 1, 2021, 4:17 PM

Is women’s basketball better supported by the fans and administration? Or did we just go out and make a good hire who was able to get the job done.

Basketball reminds me of the Bowden days of boy we were just one play away and let’s give credit to “insert crappy school here” they played well.

Brownell is equal to Bowden, he will win some games, have a decent year a few times a decade, beat UofSC, and win nothing meaningful.

Mar 18, 2019, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Given the current level of support from Clemson’s administration and fans? ]

How does administration and fan support keep a team from losing a nineteen point lead on a neutral site? 2019/2020 has to be better and I can't see how that will happen.

You're missing the point.

Mar 18, 2019, 11:11 PM

We are next to last in the ACC in basketball $$ spent. We have the ACC's worst basketball history. We are also near the bottom of the ACC in fan support and enthusiasm for basketball. Yet we are clearly a middle of the pack program under Brownell in terms of ACC finish. Plus, he runs a clean program, graduates his players at record rates, has the highest team GPA in program history, and has his players involved in the community with zero off-court issues.

I'd say we are getting a great return on our investment.

Now, if we want to see more success, which I believe we should, then the logical approach would be to give this already overachieving coach more resources to see what he can do with them.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge - Do you know if DRad is supporting Brad ..

Mar 18, 2019, 11:18 PM

... in his struggles with the ACC re officiating issues/questions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Yes, he is definitely supporting him.***

Mar 18, 2019, 11:34 PM

Re: Yes, he is definitely supporting him.***

Mar 18, 2019, 11:46 PM

Good - thanks!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Judge is right about the money

Mar 19, 2019, 12:06 AM [ in reply to You're missing the point. ]
Untitled.jpg(160.0 K)

Re: Judge is right about the money

Mar 19, 2019, 1:22 AM

Lots of interesting points there...
1. Our basketball program is a net profit - did not know that.
2. How are Louisville, Duke , Syracuse, UNC revenues so high?
3. Pittsburgh expenses exactly equals revenue? Can we/should we do that?

Re: Judge is right about the money

Mar 19, 2019, 10:38 AM

I see about $3.5 million we could spend to upgrade the

Mar 19, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Judge is right about the money ]

program. Could used to lure a big time coach or whatever. My issue isn't so much with CBB, it's with what are we doing to be the best program we can be.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

if this really meant something

Mar 19, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Judge is right about the money ]

then does this mean if we spent another million - we would beat UNC every year?
are we supposed to beat BC and ND every year because we already spend more.

sure these is some correlation - but all expenses are not created equal.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're missing the point.

Mar 19, 2019, 12:56 AM [ in reply to You're missing the point. ]

I would rather he bring on one and domes, two and throughs, and win games. Maybe I miss the big picture.

Re: You're missing the point.

Mar 19, 2019, 8:48 AM [ in reply to You're missing the point. ]

I keep seeing posts on here about money being an issue, and I guess it's good to know that we aren't overpaying for average results, but what exactly do you feel that Clemson is skimping on that is truly hurting our overall results? I'm certainly not privy to Brownell's discussions with the AD or anyone in charge of athletic finances, but what exactly has Brownell stated that he needs that the administration has declined recently? I know I could certainly get behind this argument if I had ever heard Brownell or anyone even say "well I sure do need this to be successful, but no one will allow us to spend the money on it!" Maybe I just haven't read the right articles....

Mar 19, 2019, 4:48 AM [ in reply to Given the current level of support from Clemson’s administration and fans? ]

He is doing well Judge? Youre a certified idiot.

Mar 19, 2019, 5:00 AM

Frankly scarlet, you clowns that make fun of Brownell are the idiots, not Brad Brownell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 5:07 AM

Making fun of him? What are you 12. We just go by results, moron. You're a certified as well. Are you sure you should even talk sports since you know nothing about them apparently.

Yes, he is doing well.

Mar 19, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Given the current level of support from Clemson’s administration and fans? ]

I don't understand how you can't see that. To spend so little on our basketball program, plus the poor basketball history we have and the lackluster fan support, it is a significant accomplishment to be a middle of the pack ACC team.

Why you or anyone else expects more return on our investment is puzzling to me.

Some will never be happy, Just Human nature

Mar 19, 2019, 5:04 AM

Not always on the Coach
going 7-8-9 minutes with out a point
going 6-7 trips down the court
letting the shot clock get to -0-
with out trying to shoot
many more

Talking about the money a coach is paid
How much money is enough

Talking about playing in NIT
How many teams are sitting at home

I'm not happy with the way our Clemson Tigers
played in many games, in fact during many games
I questioned if they could have competed against
a middle school team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some will never be happy, Just Human nature

Mar 19, 2019, 5:28 AM

A team plays like they are coached.
Yeah you can put it on the players if every now and then they have a bad game and lose .
But every thing you posted is a pattern by every Tiger team CBB has coached .

Re: Some will never be happy, Just Human nature

Mar 19, 2019, 7:32 AM

okay, i guess Purnell was awful. As far as I can remember, he never had a team that could shoot better than 60% from the free throw line. You'd think a decent coach could train kids to hit free throws, right? We're doing what we can do with what we've got, which isn't great. We've got a bunch of transfers from other programs, and you can't really build a cohesive team that plays well in the clutch when it's mostly kids who've known each other for a year.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic