Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And now Mike Norvell already in hot water
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

And now Mike Norvell already in hot water

Jun 4, 2020, 3:15 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/1268408003545497603

Claimed to have met with every player individually but has been called out by a couple players. Already lost the locker room?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And now Mike Norvell already in hot water

Jun 4, 2020, 4:58 AM

Ugh, if you have that big an issue with someone, grow some balls and go to them face to face instead of being a drama queen on Facebook or whatever crap site he's posting on. Same thing goes for the Tuttle guy.

Jun 4, 2020, 5:18 AM

If what Marvin said is true, then Norvell blatantly lied on the same public forum. I have no issue with calling him out on the same forum IF it's true. If it was a purely private matter, I'd agree with you, but Norvell MADE it public, so it's fair game, at that point.

The issue with Pearman was private until a disgruntled former player made it public. There's a difference there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: And now Mike Norvell already in hot water ]

If true I'm siding the the player on this one. If Norvell lied in a public statement saying he met with every player he deserves to be called out in public.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 4, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: And now Mike Norvell already in hot water ]

outlaw1081 said:

Ugh, if you have that big an issue with someone, grow some balls and go to them face to face instead of being a drama queen on Facebook or whatever crap site he's posting on. Same thing goes for the Tuttle guy.

Nope. Disagree. You don't get to use the public forum when it benefits you then complain about it when you get called out. Its the same thing with these apologized "behind closed doors" when you offend or disrespect someone publicly. No, go public with your apology too.

good portion of them have been targeting recruits

Jun 4, 2020, 7:30 AM

and trashing us on twitter.. not all nolies but a lot of them. Maybe they need to focus on themselves..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Wait just one second!!!!

Jun 4, 2020, 7:36 AM

Was that really written in the iPhone notes app?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief. A lot of talk about him possibly being fired.

Jun 4, 2020, 7:55 AM

What a bizarre world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting thing i heard about Mike Norvell right before

Jun 4, 2020, 8:09 AM

he got hired at FSU.

I was listening to the Athlon Sports CFB podcasts and one of the guys on there (i think it was Braden Gall) said that there was an incident involving Mike Norvell that was not public knowledge, but was apparently pretty bad. He wouldn't elaborate on it at all and said it wasn't his place to share the story, but said if he were FSU he would not hire Norvell.

Likely has nothing to do with the current situation, but it does make me wonder if Norvell perhaps isn't the most upstanding guy.

"we are outraged".... long gone are the days of just doing

Jun 4, 2020, 9:22 AM

your ### job. These kids are being fed a steady diet of "we are owed something" and you'll get more and more of this crap. Just play ball. You ain't a pro yet, you don't make rules, if you hate not being the guy that calls all the shots then quit football and go own your own business. Even there you don't call all the shots..so. Stop worrying about the worlds problems and fix you.

Re: "we are outraged".... long gone are the days of just doing

Jun 4, 2020, 10:31 AM

Who are you to tell someone that they should stay in their place and not stand up for what is right? If the statement is true, Norvell blatantly lied and Marvin Wilson and his teammates have every constitutional and God given right to stand against it. The world's problems are all of our problems because this is where we reside, no matter the age or occupation.

Jun 4, 2020, 10:52 AM

So happy to hear you say this. I got a cash flow problem right now. Can I ask you for some money?

Jun 4, 2020, 10:57 AM

That sounds like a personal problem to me

Jun 4, 2020, 7:52 PM

Of course.

Jun 4, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to "we are outraged".... long gone are the days of just doing ]

El Tigre 1 said:

your ### job. These kids are being fed a steady diet of "we are owed something" and you'll get more and more of this crap. Just play ball. You ain't a pro yet, you don't make rules, if you hate not being the guy that calls all the shots then quit football and go own your own business. Even there you don't call all the shots..so. Stop worrying about the worlds problems and fix you.

So you don't have a voice unless you are a "paid professional". How stupid of a statement is that? The popular opinion on this board is that student athletes are "paid" with scholarship money, and other benefits. Oh, so its a matter of the type of compensation then huh? No, no, that's not it at all.

Let's call it what it really is. You're jealous because this kid has an opportunity of a lifetime and you want him to just shut up and eat whatever comes with it. Naw bro, that dog don't hunt anymore. Its time you understand that because you are going to end up on the wrong side of history on that one.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:37 PM

I think this player did not understand the IMPLIED part of Norvell's statement.

He meant that he has personally met with every player (that has a snowball's chance in Hades of playing).

Jun 4, 2020, 12:39 PM

It would be awesome if Norvell responded by saying this.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic