Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NYC Arlington Hotel Karen incident
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 838

NYC Arlington Hotel Karen incident

Dec 29, 2020, 7:56 AM

Has gotten absolutely ridiculous MSM coverage! De Bkasio labels it racism, the musician files a Civil Rights Harassment Lawsuit and hired a prominent sleeve-bag money grabbing attorney.
NYPD Detective Div to investigate...
All because a riled up Karen thinks a 14 yr old stole her iPhone.

Why is the musician making such a big deal outa this? There were no overtly rassist comments made in the videos.
I’ll bet this turns out differently from what the musician thinks....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NYC ARLO Hotel Karen incident***

Dec 29, 2020, 7:56 AM

She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle!

Dec 29, 2020, 9:42 AM

You should merge this with the we should forgive and forget teenage racism thread from yesterday.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/12/28/woman-falsely-accused-black-teen-of-stealing-cell-phone-keyon-harrold/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle!

Dec 29, 2020, 9:49 AM

I think she really believed he had her phone. I don't see where the racist part is exactly. It could be, but how would we know? Either way, she was way out of line and was just confused. She looks like she has a nice body though.

Dec 29, 2020, 10:00 AM

Unless she has a good reason to suspect that particular kid, it comes across as equating black kids with criminals. This is why my phone case has a picture of my big stupid face on it: no confusion as to whom it belongs. Also, I think no matter how angry I am, I shut the #### up or at least change my tone when people start recording me with their phone. Like does that ever turn out well? Is there some weird subreddit of heroes successfully accusing black people of wrong doing?

Dec 29, 2020, 10:05 AM

He was young and so that could have been a factor. She may have just panicked and jumped to a conclusion because he was near where she thought she lost her phone and she saw him with the same phone. We don't know. We just know she was out of line. Every time something negative happens to a black person it shouldn't always be considered racism. Maybe I missed it, but what did she say that was racist? She is a nut though. It might have been racism, but I think people pull out the race card too fast.

Still thinks Jussie was mugged.***

Dec 29, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^POTD^^^***

Dec 29, 2020, 4:52 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Dec 29, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle! ]

Carl,

Is it racial prejudice if she is more likely to think him a thief because he is black ??

IOW, if he was white would she have been as likely to assume theft - and is that racial prejudice.

We won’t know will we, Toby....

Dec 29, 2020, 10:55 AM

Jeez yur ridiculous.....

Dec 29, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle! ]

Maybe it wasn't because he was black though. Could be? Maybe it was because he was young, near her, and then she saw him with the same phone. Could be? She definitely jumped to the conclusion that he did it. Also, I don't think it is that crazy to think some young black youth in NYC would take a cell. She was just too sure of herself and the situation. I think the real problem is not that she thought some black youth took her phone, but how she handled it. There had to be a simple way to go about it. She went ballistic.

Let's be generous here

Dec 29, 2020, 11:04 AM

And say that this was the first person she saw with an iPhone after realizing she didn't have hers. In what world is this the correct way of handling things?

Re: Let's be generous here

Dec 29, 2020, 11:11 AM

There was nothing correct about how she handled it. She could easily be charged with assault. She is a nutcase. I am just saying to act like it was some crazy racist incident is just a stretch without more info. Maybe she did profile a bit. It's the world we live in. I think the main story is what a nut she is. That's how I see it.

It all boils down to

Dec 29, 2020, 11:19 AM

if this were a white kid accompanied by his father, would she and the hotel manager have reacted the same way? We'll never know for sure, but it'd be naive to think race/appearance has no effect on the way things went down.

Re: It all boils down to

Dec 29, 2020, 11:29 AM

Probably not, but there is a lot more crime from black youth than white youth. Her mind got to her though. I don't think it's that crazy that she thought he did it. It's crazy how she acted. She was probably buzzed.

Be careful Carl...cac will call you a rassist!

Dec 29, 2020, 11:33 AM

You can't point out what you just did...

Carlsbad®

;)

Re: Be careful Carl...cac will call you a rassist!

Dec 29, 2020, 11:43 AM

Maybe. On that note, Dave Chapelle in his stand up act says when he road the subway in NYC that he only kept his eyes open for black guys. He used a different word. He also, said never trust a black guy without new sneakers. Anyway, the chick blew it and jumped to a conclusion. Then she acted like a maniac.

I agree she blew it...but does the incident deserve

Dec 29, 2020, 12:00 PM

Constant national news coverage? Hell-no!

If a black girl had claimed a 14 yo had stole her cell phone, then made a scene, do you think the MSM would be
covering it non-stop?

Dec 29, 2020, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: It all boils down to ]

Carl,
You made be correct about crime rates. All of the numbers that I am finding are per 100,000 but it is not clear per 100,000 what. So I am not clear on the raw numbers.

Also, crime rates are all based on arrests, which also begs the question of racial prejudice.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but that our perceptions of these stats are influenced by things that may affect their accuracy.

Dec 30, 2020, 12:34 AM

Take your white a$$ down to the hood on a friday night, and if you live through it, I'd like your opinion on the number of arrests...

Dec 29, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle! ]

I don't know if she's racist, but she is definitely crazy. I wonder what would have happened if she had been a man?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 11:05 AM

https://tigernet.com/forum/thread/Twisted-Tea-to-the-face-for-the-win-2046915?tstart=0

Dec 30, 2020, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle! ]

Tobias27772 is it racist to know that blacks commit crimes at a rate of 5x to 7x that of whites?

Or said differently, a white person is 1/5th to 1/7th as likely to commit a crime as a black person.

So, if indeed she thought that because it was a black person the person might have stolen the phone, then she is simply acknowledging the facts of crime statistics. Or at least that is a reasonable assumption.

No matter how many excuses you want to make for the crime rate, it is what it is.

Cac, you’re the real problem in these matters

Dec 29, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to She didn't even say the n word! Christmas miracle! ]

1) Why you bring up something that is not even remotely comparable?
2) why is this automatically racism?
3) No racist language was used
4) I think the 14 year old’s dad is just looking for a payday from the hotel and that is PATHETIC!

At least you're blaming a white guy this time. Baby steps.

Dec 29, 2020, 11:00 AM

I'm really enjoying the it's not racist if she didn't say it out loud arguments. It's perfectly normal to accuse a kid of stealing the phone you left in your Uber and then laying hands on him.

So anything a white person says or does to a non-white

Dec 29, 2020, 11:26 AM

is automatically racist? Dude, you have areal problem...

This isn't hard.

Dec 29, 2020, 11:35 AM

It's not racist because you say/do something to a black person, it's racist if you say/do something because they're a black person. Write that down, it may come in handy.

And how do you know that was the case

Dec 29, 2020, 12:16 PM

with the Karen? Youre making up stuff that isnt yet the facts of the case...

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW BIASED YOU ARE?

As I said before

Dec 29, 2020, 12:25 PM

It's perfectly normal to go to a hotel you're not currently staying at, accuse a 14 year old guest of theft in front of his father, then proceed to lay hands on the child all because he also has an iPhone. My first thought when seeing someone with a common phone, regardless of race, is there's no way that person obtained that legally, let's take it from them.

Re: Cac, you’re the real problem in these matters

Dec 29, 2020, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Cac, you’re the real problem in these matters ]

bengal,

You accuse cac of jumping to conclusions without evidence and then turn around and do the same.

Like yesterday, two wrongs are just two wrongs.Why ...

Dec 29, 2020, 11:10 AM

take sides?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not taking sides, how do you get that from my OP?

Dec 29, 2020, 11:29 AM

My point is this whole affair is blown outa proportion by the MSM. They give it more attn than warranted and push the "She's got to be racist" narrative without knowing any facts...

Re: I'm not taking sides, how do you get that from my OP?

Dec 29, 2020, 11:44 AM

They want to make everything about race. It's overkill at this stage.

Re: I'm not taking sides, how do you get that from my OP?

Dec 29, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to I'm not taking sides, how do you get that from my OP? ]

agree with you bengaline, the actions of one crazy person do not merit this much attention. I just think in this case the Father has a little bit of clout being a famous Jazz musician so it should not be a shocker this got air time. And Deblasio needs to keep his opinions to himself, he very well may be right, but at the risk of being wrong it is a bad look for the Mayor to accuse a random person he has never met of being a racist. Prejudiced would have been more appropriate description of the event..

BTW, I never would have read this story had you not started a thread about. That kind of makes you the MSM in here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 838
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic