Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 889

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 1, 2021, 7:55 AM

Friday night, had some folks over for smoked wings, smoked tofu, and to first to help clean up a bunch of my law debris. We used to fires for this of course. Wrapped up about 1 am, in the bed just after two, it has been a long time since I've been up that late.

Saturday, moved slow until time to meet ups with Shoryt, Zett, and Fireball for the Clint Park concert at the Powdersville Pup. There was some redneck ####, but not as much as you'd think.

Sunday, pretty lazy dad all around. Did manage to make some turkey stock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers lost but I didn't die.

Feb 1, 2021, 8:01 AM

Had some pizza pie from Columbo's Friday. Purty good...

Sattidy Ms. Wilbur and I took a drive since we had nothing on the docket. Went to Hendesonville for some sauerbraten and wursts and Haus Heidleburg (dew wreck or mend) the went to Brevard and Cashiers. Came home and watched a Nick Cage movie about a serial killer in Alaska.

Nada yesterday other than a steak and a malbec lass night.

7/10 (+3 for german food and thesteak, -6 cuz weather)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 1, 2021, 8:10 AM

Friday: daughter and SIL dropped of their dog on the way to the beach so ms midland and I could dog sit for the weekend.

Saturday: dog sat

Sunday: dog sat

10/10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome

Feb 1, 2021, 8:11 AM

Friday - lots of meetings, couldn't wait to be done w/work. Inlaws for dinner.

Saturday - lots of play time with kids, lots of good pizza for dinner. Played hard that night.

Sunday - lots of resting and then lots of playing in snow. Randomly had Outback Steakhouse for takeout.

8/10 - minus 2 cause extreme cold

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good, thx 4 askin!

Feb 1, 2021, 8:11 AM

Friday nite pizza and some mild socializing at Mellow Mushroom Clemson. Nice restaurant with good beer selection.
Sat went to grandsons bball game, then delivered 2 car loads of stuff to younger son & DILs new house in Southeast Greenville (Simpsonville). Big dang place....
Sunday - got ready for Super Bowl game then found out their delayed it till next Sunday ??

Got out a lil early on Friday

Feb 1, 2021, 8:17 AM

Met my dad and my brother at the lake. Fishing was not too good though, I got two smaller ones in the boat

Fri night was pizza and movie night with fam.

Sat - Celebrated BIL's birthday at our house. All us kids went on a scattenger hunt and found some really nice scat in the woods. Played hide and seek outside, kids had a good day. Had Sue's wings for dinner.

Sun - Church in the morning, leftovers for lunch, worked on taxes.

Sun night, MsLovin told me her tahr light came on. I inspected and found a nail in the tahr. This should take about 30 mins I said since I had to go buy the plugs. Finished plugging her hole two hours later. Seems to have held overnight.

Well played with the tahr metaphor...

Feb 1, 2021, 8:25 AM

"plugged her hole"

Nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

2 hours to plug a hole? That sounds like 1:30 too long

Feb 1, 2021, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Got out a lil early on Friday ]

but congrats on the seggs

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wet and cold in and out

Feb 1, 2021, 8:20 AM

For some reason both toilets decided to fail in completely different ways so for a couple of days I was flushing with a five gallon bucket until I got the parts and fixed them Sunday afternoon.

Friday - went to boss' house for burger and beer after work
Saturday - Watched guy Tigs lose and lady Tigs win while piddling at housework
Sunday - channeled my inner plumber and fixed the toilets

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Highs, lows, and still never long enough.

Feb 1, 2021, 8:23 AM

Friday, Mrs. made venison spaghetti while I had a few relaxing bourbon and Blenheim hot ginger ales. I'm sure we watched something on TV, and I did try and learn a couple of new tunes to take to our Saturday jam session, but other than that kind of a blur.

Saturday, chores around the house, run some errands including off to the liquor store to replace my ginormous bottle of Rebel Yell for mixing cocktails. Took the pup over to RH Mom's and watched El Senor Bowl with her, then back home to stroll the pup one last time, eat a bowl of Captain Crunch and then head off to MEDIUM volume jam session. Pulled out a handful of our less often played tunes and worked through those fairly competently. Home and in the bed by 1 am.

Sunday, lazy morning, rain-shortened walk with the pup because cold rain, made tater to breakfast casserole and put into individual containers for breakfast this week, then off on grocery run. Dreary weather days are the worst at the grocery store, because nobody is in a hurry to get their stuff and get out but made it home without murdering anyone to death. Cold afternoon stroll with the pup, then back home to cook. Made basil aioli roasted potatoes sprinkled with Romano cheese and sliders on pimento cheese chaffles. If you've never done chaffles before, I highly recommend! Thanks Beefsteak® for putting these on my radar!
https://www.pimentocheese.com/southern-chaffles/

Pretty decent weekend overall, Clemson basketball was the big low and I didn't even watch it. Maybe the big high was when we got the stimulant check in the mail and I figured we'd throw it into the investment account where we toss found money but she wanted to spend her half on more bees and beekeeping stuff, so I'm using my half for another bass.

18.85/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Productive, so it was good.

Feb 1, 2021, 8:28 AM

Friday: Worked late, krzywife got home late, we relaxed with Shuri and watched TV

Saturday: Assembled shelving units and we started tackling our junk/storage room and organizing it. It's looking less and less like a hoarder's room. Played Terraforming Mars virtually with a few friends, lost.

Sunday: More junk/storage room organization. Went out and checked on our drainage project because it's nothing but raining here for months and it's holding up pretty well. Starting reviewing a project and decided to watch hockey instead, Canes swept the Stars.

I'm excited for Rulez' Sunday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

clemsonrulez08 and his Sunday, I be like

Feb 1, 2021, 9:01 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are organizing our junk room as well

Feb 1, 2021, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Productive, so it was good. ]

but in reality it’s called “our daughters room”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

SOSDD.....

Feb 1, 2021, 8:31 AM

Another weekend. Friday was shrimp and cole slaw. Sattidy was baked day. Tiger BB sucked. Don't remember. Sunday was Pro Bowl celebration. Pizza night. New tablet is fast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 1, 2021, 8:37 AM

Went the shooting range and fired off a few rounds on new rifle - 7mm Rem Mag. Been a long time since i shot that caliber - forgot how much it kicks. Had flashbacks of talking back to my wife...wait, no need bringing up those bad memories.

Met some really nice people at the range. went home and wife of had cooked up a chicken bog... yum yum!

Church on Sunday, great Sunday night singing with a local talent - Dan Kirkland. Absolutely fantastic voice... gave up on Country and went to gospel many years ago.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

you have enough ammo to go shoot?

Feb 1, 2021, 9:04 AM

I cannot find a round of 9mm and I dont really want to shoot what I have left. The range here has ammo, but you have to use at that session. I am not itching to shoot that bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you have enough ammo to go shoot?

Feb 1, 2021, 8:53 PM

RELOAD is the key. I have some powders that i don't use and trade 3 lbs today for 80 rounds of factory ammo! :) now I have 100 factory rounds... and can reload 200 more. Can put together 3000 rounds of 9mm too.. and..., well... reload! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I bought a 7 mag this weekend. Has a Nikon scope

Feb 1, 2021, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Went and sighted it in. Holes kissed at 125 yards.

Kicked like a mule.

Rounds are ridiculous. Bought a box and each bullet is around $3 each. That one sighting in cost me $12

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Friday I coached my team to another glorious victory

Feb 1, 2021, 8:49 AM

and am now fielding calls for the Clemson Men's BBall position. We won 28-0, DaughterofGreenr scored her first points in this league, and we absolutely dominated. We were up 20-0 at halftime and we just cruised from then on out, trying to let the other kids on the team score. One of my best players was off and another has a broken wrist, so it could have been MUCH worse. Wife coached the boys team, we did not make it to their game but she said they both played well. Ate dinner at Panera cause starving basketball kids. Home to watch Outlander season 2 finale, Battle of Cullodden.

Up Saturday to see it was cold AF. Waited to go run so we cleaned the house. Hit Sherman Branch Mountain Bike Park after lunch and did 8.5 miles, wife and I ran, kids biked. They were absolutely exhausted but they did really well. Much more crowded on Saturday than the last time we went but most trails around were closed due to recent rains. Sherman drains better so it was only wet in 1-2 spots near the bottom. Hit up Chuy's for dinner on the patio under a heater with it being about 40 degrees out. Home to watch The Patriot with the kids because daughter is studying American Revolution in school.

Sunday rainy nasty day. Laundry and then we started planning our Colorado trip this summer. Think we are doing Denver > Colorado Springs > Great Sand Dunes NP > Crested Butte > Gunnison NP > Telluride > Mesa Verde NP > Breckenridge > Boulder for 13 days. The flights are purchased, but it is going to be an expensive 2 weeks. Any hints on rental cars for cheap, maybe AAA will help with that. Grocery run and cooked turkey chili which everyone loved. Wife worked out while I slaved away in the kitchen. Read a book about Dying that my mom wants me to read then Zoom call with her and my two brothers. 3 Episodes of Outlander after that.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aw, that's so cute.

Feb 1, 2021, 8:52 AM

How you think you're going to be traveling this summer during the martial law lockdown, I mean.

Hey man, that is a legit concern

Feb 1, 2021, 8:54 AM

but we were going to lose the flights if we don't use them, bumped them from last summer.

90% of the activities we will do is going to be outside, weather permitting, so we feel good about it.

As long as you can present your papers on demand

Feb 1, 2021, 8:58 AM

you should be fine.

Thanks alot, Biden!***

Feb 1, 2021, 9:00 AM

JFC Greenr, when did you decide to call off the

Feb 1, 2021, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Friday I coached my team to another glorious victory ]

full-court press ?

When I saw the other team warming up.

Feb 1, 2021, 9:16 AM

All the other teams have been greatly overmatched against us. I switch the teams up for ships and giggles just to keep it relatively close. My friend coaches the team we play this week and I might put our goods out there early in order to get a nice lead. Hard to keep everyone happy when we have 13 players on the team, though.

The other coach when GreenR's team missed a shot just

Feb 1, 2021, 9:33 AM [ in reply to JFC Greenr, when did you decide to call off the ]

before half.

I went cheap one time on a rental and actually it was

Feb 1, 2021, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Friday I coached my team to another glorious victory ]

out of Denver. It was called Fox Rental. Never again. It was the absolute worst car and we had to wait forever to grab one. I think its worth the money, especially with your kids to just rent from a reputable company like Enterprise or National. Never had a problem with either.

Those small guys buy cars at 35k miles while the big brands are dumping them at 35k miles.

Yeah, Fox was about 30-40% of the big boys. It is tempting

Feb 1, 2021, 9:18 AM

but ultimately scares me as well. I have read horror stories about cheap car rentals.

We went for it when we went to the CA natty

Feb 1, 2021, 9:32 AM

Fox Rental, terrible reviews, but the price was HALF for pickup in Vegas and drop in San Fran.

It took us about 30 mins to get the car (not nearly as bad as the reviews said), and the car was satisfactory...it wasn't what we really booked but well worth the price we paid.

Ended up being a good decision....It's really rolling the dice though.

Sounds to me like...

Feb 1, 2021, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Yeah, Fox was about 30-40% of the big boys. It is tempting ]

NO FOX WERE GIVEN.

28-0...did you cover the spread??

Feb 1, 2021, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Friday I coached my team to another glorious victory ]

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We scored 28 points so everyone got free tacos at

Feb 1, 2021, 10:18 AM

Taco Bell.

rental cars in the city of Denver are cheaper

Feb 1, 2021, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Friday I coached my team to another glorious victory ]

than the airport, way cheaper in the winter as least for a 4x4

not sure if light rail goes all the way to the airport yet, but you can either take that or a uber/lyft to get to an incity rental car

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It does. There is some walking with luggage, I believe,

Feb 1, 2021, 10:30 AM

but the 16th street mall trolley helps too, IIRC.

That is going to be my next task, to look about picking up a car away from the airport.

An Uber for 5 may be expensive, but I might save that in the long run.

I always get my sister to pick me up

Feb 1, 2021, 10:49 AM

and shuttle me to a cheaper rental

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's her #***

Feb 1, 2021, 12:12 PM

303-

Feb 1, 2021, 12:38 PM

hey wait a minute

867-5309

Feb 1, 2021, 12:46 PM [ in reply to What's her #*** ]

ask for Jenny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another weekend of the same ####

Feb 1, 2021, 8:51 AM

Friday: Basketball game

Saturday: Wife of went grocery shopping. I kept the kids.

Sunday: Lazy day around the house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Not bad at all

Feb 1, 2021, 8:59 AM

Friday: did a bunch of jack squat

Saturday: slept in a bit, watched scokker, went shopping, did some cleaning up in the house. Started watching Wild, wild country on Netflix (that's some messed up stuff.)Took off trash.

Sunday: up early, started a pot roast, watched EPL action, caught the end of church, watched more EPL, ate delicious pot roast, finished Wild, wild country and watched the USMNT playing some 12U team from over seas.

10/10 - because no COVID

Yep.

Feb 1, 2021, 9:05 AM

Jack squats are definitely the messiest exercise you can do, but they do help with stamina and potency in the long run.

Did NOT die in the fire

Feb 1, 2021, 9:22 AM

so pretty successful I would say.

Ate some good food, drank some beer, spent time with friends. Yep, pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fire?***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:35 AM

Mmmhmm

Feb 1, 2021, 11:00 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Heard-a-knock-on-the-door-this-morning-28581374#28581374

Yikes...glad it didn't get your place***

Feb 1, 2021, 12:46 PM

Boys weekend since wifeof- and daughter were in Dirty Myrtle

Feb 1, 2021, 9:56 AM

Sonof- and I had a weekend to ourselves. Good weekend, no drama.

Friday night - leftover Publix fried chicken and Avengers. Started a 1000 piece Pokemon puzzle the boy bought after Christmas while we watched Avengers Civil War.

Saturday - Haircut for the boy in the morning, Costco and clean out the garage in the afternoon. Watched about 8 minutes of the first half of the basketball game. This basketball team was playing from behind during the first half of the season when we were 9-1. This run of big losses shouldn't be a surprise. We're more talented than what we show, we just don't seem to play smart. Too many turnovers, not enough feeding the post. Saturday night was dinner out at the Mexican place down the street, a little bit of Arrowverse and a little bit of Star Wars Rebels and more puzzle.

Sunday - Made waffles for breakfast because waffles. Church, oil change for the truck then grocery store. Lazy afternoon otherwise. Dinner was burgers and onion rings. DC's Legends of Tomorrow and some more puzzle work concluded the day.

The puzzle is about 3/4 done with the boy doing most of it himself. We struggle with his impulsivity and his lack of concentration on the task at hand, but then he'll sit and work for an hour on a puzzle or Legos. I guess that's just what 10 year olds do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

like a seinfeld episode

Feb 1, 2021, 9:56 AM

did a whole lot of nothing

Fri - pan seared a filet for steak night. it was off da chain

Sat - only productive thing I did all week was take a load of project scraps to the dump. In-laws came over, MIL took wife shopping, FIL and me sat and drank beers and watched golf. Wife and I went to messican after that. Watched the Tiger doc when we got home and it was bad ###

Sun - barely got off the couch. read the paper, watched some outdoor shows, watched golf all afternoon, watched USMNT stomp dat ###.

that's about it. cold, wet, gray weekend...not much else to do

Great!!!

Feb 1, 2021, 10:05 AM

Friday: MfOjr. and I went to my pond and prepared everything for a Sat. a.m duck hunt. Cooked homemade brownies, worked on my puzzle and threw football.

Sat. Duck hunted. MfOjr. killed his first. It was cold but a great hunt. Went to board meeting at country club, drove to Dunham's and Lowe's in Rockingham, a round of golf, cooked deer jerky, put together a firepit, grilled steaks and potato's, played Play station with jr. read.

Sunday: worked a little, ate lunch with mom and jr. Took jr. back to mom's. :( Went to GF's and watched movie, "John Q". Left, worked on puzzle and bed.

And happy I didn't get Seabassed

Feb 1, 2021, 10:10 AM

in the bathroom by the biker gang

topped Cedar Rock Mtn

Feb 1, 2021, 10:23 AM

in 9 Times Preserve in Pickens County, short walk up a small little mountain but a nice rock on top and a good view

whothefuck knew that there was a 9 Times Preserve in Pickens County?

Also topped Buzzards Roost North Mtn and Cedar Creek Mtn again because of the views. Actually saw some buzzards (black vultures).

Walked up to Upper Whitewater Falls from the Bad Creek parking. Love Whitewater River. Checked out Whiteside Brewing in Cashiers. Good pretzel bites.

Phone fell out of pocket into terlit-still works. 2 stars***

Feb 1, 2021, 11:33 AM

Pocket to terlit?

Feb 1, 2021, 12:44 PM

ADMIT IT BUD YOU DROPPED IT WHILE LOOKING AT HOPE SOLO'S ELEPHANT NOSE.

Although I'd happily engage in said behavior, this was not

Feb 1, 2021, 1:00 PM

the cause. I never hold/look at phone while evacuating - partly because I don't want to fumble fingers it and drop in commode.

So I had wired earbuds in and phone shoved in belly pocket of pullover sweatshirt. Phone was only partly shoved into said pocket because said earbud wire was wrapped around phone. When I leaned head back for final shakedown, wire pulled phone out of pocket just enough to initiate gravity.

I should note phone is not new enough model to supposed to be waterproof.

Splashdown. I Jacques Cousteau'd that thing out of there before I even had chance to consider my options. Phone was still on so I turned off, lysol wiped it and put her to bed in ziploc bag of rice.

Next morning, phone fires up happily.

So, phone may not be waterproof but apparently pissproof. Want some rice?

SSDW

Feb 1, 2021, 11:57 AM

I'm tired of cold and rain.

Replies: 53
| visibility 889
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic