Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what?

May 3, 2016, 11:19 AM

He's on an NFL team!

I know some of you are still upset about how much work you put in last season, like the hours in the weight room and practice field and film study, but I promise Jayron worked harder. I promise Jayron put in more hours. I promise Jayron will play longer in the league.

It looks super pathetic to trash kids and act like they took something away from you. He was actually on the field, actually playing the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what?

May 3, 2016, 11:25 AM

I do not believe that people on this site were "trashing" Kearse.--at least I was not and would not. However, it is perfectly appropriate to voice one's option as to the quality of his or anyone's play and to say he played up to par in the last 8 games or so would be to bury one's head in the sand.

May 3, 2016, 7:32 PM

absolutely agree!! he did not play anything like he had played earlier in the season. If U will look @ the film there is no way that U can not see this drastic reduction in effort and production. If this truth bothers U then U have much to learn in life!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one is trashing him.

May 3, 2016, 11:33 AM

Rather, we are providing likely reasons why a guy so talented was drafted a lot lower than he thought he would be. He obviously didn't expect to fall to the 7th round, or else he wouldn't have left early.

Like it or not, the perception by scouts and analysts was that he has incredible skills which were undermined by a lack of focus at times. They also questioned his toughness.

Those of us here who have commented wish him the best, but also feel disappointed by the fact that he could have been a much higher pick by having a better second half of the 2015 season and/or returning next year to improve his stock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Plenty of people on here were trashing him***

May 3, 2016, 11:43 AM

Edit: to add I agree with your statements, but there were posters on here trashing Kearse's character and ability. Accusing him of "not trying" in some of the biggest games of his life. He made a lot of big plays last year, and although his production decreased near the end of the season I don't think it's fair to accuse him of giving up on his guys, if that was the case why do so many of teammates love him and why would the coaches still have him on the field?

Message was edited by: MB93Tiger®

Inquiring about why he disappointed after being awesome is

May 3, 2016, 5:45 PM

not trashing!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it Judge K....we all wish him the best although many

May 3, 2016, 12:12 PM [ in reply to No one is trashing him. ]

thought he should have stayed around another year. You don't leave early for a 7th round pick.

Re: No one is trashing him.

May 3, 2016, 7:33 PM [ in reply to No one is trashing him. ]

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2016, 11:51 AM

Him having had a baby mid way thru the season had a lot to do with his production IMO. It is hard to stay focused when you have an infant to care for.

May 3, 2016, 11:55 AM

Wouldn't that make him work harder so he can provide for that kid? I know I would.

May 3, 2016, 12:01 PM

Sleepless nights. Your focus is on your baby not football. I highly doubt people work production increases the first months after their child's birth I would bet it decreases on average. It's hard to be good at football when your body is drained. Idk how involved he was but if he was a good father from birth and was helping mom out through the night it would have been hard for him to be at full speed and strength. Maybe you are superman but most people cannot work harder when they sleep only 3 or 4 hours at most when they should be getting 8 to 10 to be healthy.

Didn't impact my work performance at all the 3 times I did it

May 3, 2016, 12:35 PM

But I married a good woman. Wouldn't mind if she had bigger #####, but no complaints on the baby phase.

Cooking is sub par.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Didn't impact my work performance at all the 3 times I did it

May 3, 2016, 2:18 PM

I think you sitting on your ### in front of a computer or on an assembly line is different than being an elite athlete

Re And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what? He had

May 3, 2016, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what? ]

it. That seems impossible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2016, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what? ]

You know you would? No you certainly dont, because you will never be in that position

May 3, 2016, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: And for all of the Jayron Kearse talk, guess what? ]

^^^I didn't realize that he had a baby mid-way thru the season. Many on t-net (me included) wondered if JK was injured due to his lack of effort on the field. He stopped running guys down suddenly. He stopped jumping on the pile, and tended to back off on plays. The NFL saw it, just like us novices saw it. It was so obvious to anyone that had watched games and was amazed at JK when he ran down speedy guys to save the game. No - we aren't criticizing, but just pointing out the obvious thing the NFL noticed. JK having a baby now makes sense to me at least. It changed how he played. PERIOD.

Now - he needs to step it up, work with Mac A and become that talented player that we all loved to watch. I actually plan to watch the Vikings, and I don't watch the NFL. I hope JK is there doing his thang.

May 4, 2016, 7:49 AM

I agree 100%. I was very disappointed in the last half of the season. He was deff not the same player. Hopefully he can get his mind right and be fully commited when he is at work. I was just pointing out that could have been a reason for the drop off. Idk if it was for sure or not but I could see that changing the way he played or making he wore out.

May 3, 2016, 11:54 AM

Yeah Maurice clarrett was also on a NFL team. But like kearse, he didn't do what was needed to be a high draft pick despite unlimited talent. Now it is still unknown if kearse can stay on a NFL team unlike clarrett who never saw the field, 7th rounders are just as likely to get cut as they are to make the team. Not trashing him and nobody else is either, it's just crazy that a player with all that talent played his way out of being a top draft pick and at least some guaranteed staying power in the NFL.

If we are such a close family at Clemson we should trash one of our athletes.

May 3, 2016, 11:54 AM

We should always be ready to give them support even in difficult times. This adds meaning to "Once a Tiger always a Tiger"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and definitely wish him the best

May 3, 2016, 12:03 PM

he didn't however finish last year strong and obviously NFL scouts had concerns about him or he wouldn't have fallen so far in the draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude just stop with these posts

May 3, 2016, 1:00 PM

You sound like a baby

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A baby coot?***

May 3, 2016, 2:46 PM

I sit around the table at Thanksgiving with my family, but

May 3, 2016, 1:15 PM

if a family member is lollygagging around and not giving 100% when it's time to pass the food then we are all going to point it out and criticize their slow a$$.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

OK, NFLU..youve said your peace

May 3, 2016, 1:20 PM

get off others backs...

Posts like this drive me crazy.

May 3, 2016, 1:35 PM

After reading this crap I scanned the board and guess what? Not a single post on the first page bashing Jayron. Perhaps next time you want to get on a soapbox and scold the adults you should do it in a more timely manner, like right after someone actually does what you're accusing them of doing. And also, direct it to the one making the negative comments instead a blanket scolding.

Re: Posts like this drive me crazy.

May 3, 2016, 2:17 PM

Crazy enough to comment lol

May 3, 2016, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Posts like this drive me crazy. ]

That is what the OP does... His arrogance is only eclipsed by his ignorance.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

sometimes his ignorance eclipses his ignorance***

May 3, 2016, 2:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sometimes his ignorance eclipses his ignorance***

May 3, 2016, 2:22 PM

Would say the same for you but I actually have some respect for your posts

May 3, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Posts like this drive me crazy. ]

You kiss ### all day on tigernet and still only 91%? How many hours of sleep do you lose over that?

May 3, 2016, 2:23 PM

Pretty much zilch which is why you never see me comment on it.

Please link to me "kissing ###".

TIA.

Good Lord...you need to get a hold of yourself***

May 3, 2016, 2:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2016, 2:49 PM

Personally, I'm not upset about the amount of work I put in - in the weight room or on the practice field - I thought I got it just about right.

As for JK, the one play that REALLY stood out for me was during the ACC Championship when he did a pathetic attempt at an arm tackle, allowing the 'holes to score, allowing UNCheat to make the game closer than it should have been. IMO, his play was a FAR cry that which produced the hit that caused the fumble against ND at the goal line earlier in the year! While I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT begrudge these guys going pro - I do begrudge (what I 'perceived' to be a) lack of effort by ANY one.

But, oh by the way, you would not have even heard 'this' from me, had it not been for your post "begrudging anyone on Tnet for voicing their opinion(s) on JK..."

Just sayin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Shame on us....lol

May 3, 2016, 3:12 PM

https://clemson.n.rivals.com/news/lesson-learned

Re: THANK U JAYRON FOR THE BEST SEASON IN YEARS

May 3, 2016, 3:41 PM

I think all of us tiger fans should stop being narrow minded and selfish. We should all be cheering on our boys who trained very hard, sacrificed so much to get here and we have been able to enjoy the benefits of their hardwork. Theres not a human on this earth that is born athletic enough to just waltz onto the field in death valley. I guarantee you each one of those young men has worked their tail off before. And you guys saying that you arent trash talking him by saying "he didnt play up to par" the last few games or "he was distracted" hell yeah you are. That man started on a clemson team that went 14-1 , and finished 2nd. I remember times when that was a pipe dream around here. And whatre we doing now? Getting greedy and we've forgotten how much better times are now than they were. how bout we stand up and support our young men every #### chance we get no matter what they are doing or what decisions they make because i for one am very very appreciative that jayron kearse came here. Im thankful for all of them and i think we should always make sure our tigers know that. That's something clemson fans should work to keep in place because it sets us apart from other programs. Btw before you talk about distractions try having a full course load, a family and baby in south florida, nfl teams watching you and people saying you could make millions, try having such a demanding job as they do and then tell me hes distracted. All clemson fans should be saying about jayron kearse right now is thank you for everything, we enjoyed it, you were great and go show them whos boss.

ALLIN isnt just for team or the coaches its about every person associated with clemson.

So we arent allowed to weigh in with honest opinions?

May 3, 2016, 3:49 PM

Take off the orange glasses, Jayron mailed it in before November

Re: So we arent allowed to weigh in with honest opinions?

May 3, 2016, 4:51 PM

To me, it's not about giving your honest opinion or anything like that. I mean, really, who do you think you are? To sit behind a computer screen and "analyze" something you are clueless about. To me, it's a slap in Venables face for you to talk about how he should be benched and all that ####, yet Venables sent him out there every play.

You sit behind a computer and scrutinize a player on your favorite team. You have no idea what goes in his life outside of those 3 hours you watch him play football. And you don't see any of the work he puts in.

Be a fan, cheer them on. If you can't do that, shut up. Yeah, busted plays happen. #### happens all the time. But for you to call somebody out and act like that season affected you at all, is stupid. It has nothing to do with you, you are a fan. I guarantee you that loss hurt Jayron more than you can ever imagine.

And once again, the only thing it is to you is your favorite team. No affect on you at all. Pay your money, cheer, do whatever, and quit tryin to blame a kid for a loss and accuse him of ####

May 3, 2016, 4:54 PM

VERY NICE POST NFLU. MAKES WAY TO MUCH SENSE.

May 3, 2016, 5:01 PM

Except he isnt making any sense who in the hell thought he would not make a team and not get drafted?

NFLU is spouting off arrogance based on nonsense.

Who are you talking to?

May 3, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: So we arent allowed to weigh in with honest opinions? ]

I didnt do any of that.

But honestly, can you watch the highlights of Kearse vs Louisville and then again of him vs UNC and Bama and not see a difference?

You don't have to know anything about anything to be able to tell a difference

May 3, 2016, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: So we arent allowed to weigh in with honest opinions? ]

Good Lord, maybe sports message boards aren't for you. The purpose of a sports message board is to talk about sports. To talk about your team and it's players, the good and the bad.

Why is your opinion any more valid than anyone elses opinion? Just because you don't think it's right that people discuss why players aren't performing doesn't mean that the people discussing why players aren't performing are wrong. You could be right, maybe we don't know why he's been underachieving lately. But maybe you're wrong and maybe what people have been talking about is 100% the truth. Get over it. Stop being so sensitive. It's a sports message board, discussions and opinions are the norm.

May 3, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to So we arent allowed to weigh in with honest opinions? ]

DIDNT REALIZE YOU HAD TO NOT BE WEARING ORANGE GLASSES TO SHOW A LITTLE CLASS. EVERYONE WITH EYES COULD SEE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE FIELD. NO REASON FOR SOME OF THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT THE GUY. BUT HEY, IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN, HAVE AT IT.

So if I throw in my 2 cents

May 3, 2016, 5:36 PM

By saying "it looks like so and so wasnt giving 100%," its a lack of class?

Get real

I can't even begin to read a paragraph like that

May 3, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: THANK U JAYRON FOR THE BEST SEASON IN YEARS ]

Next time please use the "enter" or "return" key more frequently. TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Mangiest mange POTD***

May 3, 2016, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: THANK U JAYRON FOR THE BEST SEASON IN YEARS ]

Screw Calford.

Re: THANK U JAYRON FOR THE BEST SEASON IN YEARS

May 3, 2016, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: THANK U JAYRON FOR THE BEST SEASON IN YEARS ]

Holy wall of text Batman

Inquiring about why he disappointed last year after being

May 3, 2016, 5:30 PM

awesome the first two years is not trashing! WHAT HAPPENED???

May 3, 2016, 5:37 PM

Thank you so much for giving the players a voice when they don't have one. You're doing the lowered's work, son.

So was that your best attempt......

May 4, 2016, 12:52 AM

At "you were right,I was wrong." First you belittle people for daring to state that Kearse would probably not go early in the draft. Now you imply that people are disappointed that he was even drafted. As a Clemson fan, I want nothing but the best for Kearse. If you are so defensive about emotionless critiques of any player who has "put in the work", I suggest you leave them at the team door. NFL doesn't care about hurt feelings. I'm

Re: So was that your best attempt......

May 4, 2016, 7:13 AM

Pretty much described OP perfectly

I'm curious NFLU....Did you happen to catch the Clemson vs

May 4, 2016, 7:45 AM

SCjr game ?

As the game was winding down, and we had a 2 score lead, our hated rival was working its way down the field. On their final scoring play , Jayron had a chance to hammer the back catching the swing pass on the left side - unfortunately the 2 hand touch / bump attempt of a tackle of their running back was ineffective allowing the chickens to score a TD that made the game look a lot closer than it was.

While this was just one play, there were many others - just not as glaring, and not against your biggest rival. And I'm quite sure every NFL team reviewed that play numerous times.

It is what it is.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic