Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about YouTube tv..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,950

Question about YouTube tv..

Aug 31, 2020, 9:04 PM

Is it worth the money or no? I was thinking of trying it. Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about YouTube tv..

Aug 31, 2020, 9:08 PM

I’ve had it for about a year and really like it. I live in the Myrtle Beach area and have a condo up near Clemson. I use it up there and don’t have to have cable. I also use it at my office too. It’s been great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 9:12 PM

Thanks for the opinion. I may just try it. I usually juat pay for cable internet til football season and then add the cable portion but this year i was thinking of trying youtube tv and see if i liked it.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

I’ve had it for a couple of years now. I like it a lot. Best part is when I get texts from friends that are struggling to watch games during bad weather with direct tv. No issues at all. I would say the only gripe is that twice now they have added channels and the bill has gone up from $40 to like $70......sadly many of those channels I don’t watch.

Had it for almost a year

Aug 31, 2020, 9:16 PM

Very happy with it. I like the family sharing and the ability to watch on mutiple devices wherever there's WiFi. Recent increase was hefty ($50 to $65) but several channels were added. Still cheaper than cable or satellite. No contract feature is nice also.

Re: Had it for almost a year

Aug 31, 2020, 9:18 PM

Ty for the opinion. Much appreciated.

I agree with AirRaid. I was ticked when they announced

Aug 31, 2020, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Had it for almost a year ]

ANOTHER price increase and promptly cancelled it. When it first came out, it was a bargain. I loved it - DVR, great quality. But price hike after price hike, it's getting to be as expensive as cable. But since I can't watch my Tigers in person this season, I suppose I'll be paying for it again starting Sept 12.

I wish they'd let you choose your package option. I sure as HAIL don't need MTV, BET, CMTV, Lifetime, Oprah Winfrey BS TV, etc.

Re: I agree with AirRaid. I was ticked when they announced

Sep 1, 2020, 8:46 AM

My opinion seems to line up with most on here. It seems to be the best cord-cutting option but the price hikes are annoying. I don't think the comparisons to satellite or cable are accurate at all. I was paying easily $110-$120 for satellite or cable, plus internet for $75. YTTV is nowhere near that amount. There's pros & cons - unlimited DVR is one big pro. Within that pro is one con, you can't delete individual episodes once you view them. DVR is based on the show title or the sports team. If you set your DVR to Clemson football, every game with Clemson in is recorded. (That's not a bad thing). And its recorded each & every time it airs after that (also, not necessarily a bad thing). But if you watch a weekly drama or sitcom, you can't delete last week's episode after you watch it. You either remove the show from your DVR list entirely - or you get every episode on every channel as it airs.

I follow Cord Cutter News - here is a brief comparison among some of the main players in the streaming live TV market.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv-vs-hulu-live-tv/

Sep 1, 2020, 8:56 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention. Another pro with YTTV, you can arrange your channel guide list so that your favorite channels are at the top. Channels you will never watch can be moved the bottom or even removed from the guide entirely. But another con is there is no 'Previous Channel' option. So if you're like me and like to toggle between 2 shows or 2 games, you have to find and click those each time. Sometime if similar in nature, they will appear in the list if you do the drop down within the show but its still not a one-click jump.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:48 AM

And now it seems YTTV may be adding NFL Network this week.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-could-add-nfl-network-this-week/

Sep 1, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to I agree with AirRaid. I was ticked when they announced ]

Yep nkickha, Viacom is the cable channel albatross. They own most of those worthless channels that get added to basic cable and other providers. MTV, VH1, BET, and many more. I wish there was a truly ala carte service with a price per channel and you could build your own lineup. Alas, that will probably never be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 10:06 PM

I have it and I love it.

I like it. Cut the cord several years back. Tried all of

Aug 31, 2020, 10:44 PM

the various services, and settled on PSVue since at the time, YTTV didn't have as large a channel list. When Sony quit with PSVue, tried YTTV. Like it a lot. DVR is very easy and works well. Never liked the PSVue DVR. Wish it had a few more channels I like, but nobody has them all. You can go online and order the channels as you want them, which makes scrolling much easier.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like it. Cut the cord several years back. Tried all of

Sep 1, 2020, 2:25 AM

Love it as well, even with the recent price hike it's still cheaper than most cable services.

And don't have to put up with the bs of Dish & Direct***

Sep 1, 2020, 2:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The big price increase sucked, but still the best option

Sep 1, 2020, 2:54 AM

Also added local PBS with the price increase, and for some reason, I now get both the SC and GA versions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 8:40 AM

It was great until the recent price increase for channels I’ll never watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 1, 2020, 9:11 AM

shocking that you do not watch yellowstone. paramount is a good channel as is tv land

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was as worth it until they raised the price an extra $16 per

Sep 1, 2020, 9:17 AM

month. Now it’s not as great of a deal.

I had it for a while but switched to the Hulu+

Sep 1, 2020, 9:24 AM

package that comes with ESPN+ and Disney+. mainly to get A&E when Live PD was on. I think it's $75 for all 3 of those packages, which is similar to YouYube TV now it sounds like.

It doesn't stream as smoothly at times and the interfaces sucks, but it has more than just live tv also and we don't watch a lot of tv in my house so it works.

Sep 1, 2020, 11:52 AM

Worth noting - youtube TV does NOT broadcast in any enhanced sound (dolby 5 or 7 channel). 2 channel only. I have been with Directv for almost 30 yrs (hard to believe), but ATT has destroyed it. Communication with them is impossible. They are trying to sell it, so we shall see. Did the youtube trial - seriously considering it, although I have some unique circumstances that make directv advantageous.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had it for 3 years now. Love it

Sep 1, 2020, 8:34 PM

Pro's
- ACC Network, plus most all the ESPN channels.
- Unlimited DVR
- Can watch on your Phone or laptop, wherever you are
- Lots movies available.
- Every Channel is 1080HD
- Almost never had an issue with buffering (I did with Sling)
- No contracts.
- Can use on up to 3 devices.

Cons
- Price was $35 when I started, and it's gone up to $65 (b/c I use an Apple TV, other wise it would be $60).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 9:39 PM

Bunch of sports channels tennis, acc, good variety of espn if that floats your boat.

They use to have a 14 day trial. Not sure if they still do or not. The rate hike sucked but other than that I get more for less than going with cable.

Sep 2, 2020, 3:43 AM

I cut the cord about 2 years ago and went with YTTV. I really like it, especially the unlimited DVR. The recent price hike sucks but It's still about $200/mth less than I was paying with DirecTV. I would highly recommend it.

Sep 2, 2020, 8:06 AM

Also get yourself some 4k Firesticks which allow you to side-load. Once you get firestick or fire tv check out this site.
https://troypoint.com/

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic