Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An interesting opinion piece on vote counting....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 418

An interesting opinion piece on vote counting....

Nov 5, 2020, 1:42 PM

https://www.smerconish.com/criticalthinking/brgjgbqi5kqvp4zmk56wz536xrslxk?fbclid=IwAR3hQiwEZWj8mEoDtbpXfNDvnGuLWYOKcqGMyGmtFHZiObdjcEqXUDj1IJ8

I don't OP C&P much on here, but I'm a big Smerconish fan and he posts some good pieces from his listeners. Essentially, let's not have states report partial counts...wait until the count is done and then report the result.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in a culture of instant gratification...

Nov 5, 2020, 1:47 PM

that will be hard.

I agree.

That was a point I made yesterday. I think every vote should be counted, but especially if we are going to be collecting ballots after election day (legitimate ballots), we should not be posting partial counts. That would remove the "they know how many votes they need to find" argument.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in a culture of instant gratification...

Nov 5, 2020, 2:11 PM

I definitely could get behind that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a taker on that.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:50 PM

Heck, make election day the first Tuesday in November and make results day the following Tuesday.

Here's the kicker....it will never work. Partial results WILL be leaked, to the highest MSM bidder too. The sheer manpower it takes to count the votes means a LOT of people will be involved. You would have to devise a system to anonymously count the votes, and have stiff legal penalties for leaking. Furthermore some states will opt out, and it would take a federal election change to make that happen.

BUT, it's a good idea anyway, not sure it would work, or could be made to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure people will go with the total EC count at once.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:54 PM

Election night is kind of like the College Football Playoff reveal show. It is huge entertainment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. Ton of MSM money would be tossed to leakers

Nov 5, 2020, 1:57 PM

Just don't see how it would work without a universal system to keep the counts under wraps, and universal laws and penalties for leaking. Too much money riding on it. Heck, hundreds of billions in stock would be riding on insider vote leaks. Just no way really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Election day coverage might be CNN/Fox's Super Bowl.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:52 PM

An 8 hour Super Bowl. Like the real one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a great idea.***

Nov 5, 2020, 1:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

We just need an infallible and unhackable digital voting

Nov 5, 2020, 1:54 PM

machine that can instantly tally up, or a secure and encrypted portal to login to a system and vote.

But that's pretty impossible, but it would certainly go faster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Can you imagine the conspiracy crazies if it was all...

Nov 5, 2020, 1:58 PM

electronic?

It would be neat to see a true white hat vs black hat

Nov 5, 2020, 2:04 PM

hackathon on the integrity of the website/voting machine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you imagine the conspiracy crazies if it was all...

Nov 5, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Can you imagine the conspiracy crazies if it was all... ]

Yeh, then they could IMPLANT a computer chip in you when you register to vote and YOU MUST HAVE A CHIP IMPLANT TO VOTE.

Fool proof.....what a great idea!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are aware that's radically different, and actually

Nov 5, 2020, 2:06 PM

can be nearly impossible to hack, right?

It's the same reason why your car key is so expensive and nearly impossible to hack. Even then, if someone hacked your RFID and voted for you, and you voted after, it would flag as a duplicate.

If I can use biometrics for banking on my phone, then why

Nov 5, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to We just need an infallible and unhackable digital voting ]

can't they make a secure voting app that works the same way? A thumb print or facial recognition would be way harder to fake than a signature.

The problem isn't authenticating the voter, it's

Nov 5, 2020, 2:27 PM

the backend security for any web based voting system. Think of the amount of data and security breaches we have on banking sites.

"They" could develop an AI algorithm that predicts your vote

Nov 5, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to We just need an infallible and unhackable digital voting ]

No need to even have polls any more.

I'm sure Facebook and Google are up to the task.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An interesting opinion piece on vote counting....

Nov 5, 2020, 2:47 PM

But what's John King gonna do with his fancy touchscreen?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 16
| visibility 418
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic