Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An LSU win pretty much guarantees two SEC teams in the CFP....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

An LSU win pretty much guarantees two SEC teams in the CFP....

Oct 28, 2018, 11:01 AM

I would love to see Bama lose, but either way, they will make the playoffs. Might as well go ahead and knock LSU out of the picture.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree Unless Bama Has a Horrible Loss + 21 Points

Oct 28, 2018, 11:03 AM

But I don't see that happening

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree

Oct 28, 2018, 11:07 AM

There is a strong possibility of a 1-loss Big 12 champion and/or a 1-loss Big 10 champion.

If Clemson and ND win out, that leaves 2 spots.

SEC Champ would take the third.

But there is NO WAY the 2nd SEC team (even if it's Bama) gets in over a 1 loss Power 5 conference champion. Not happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Clemson get in if there are 5 undefeated power 5 teams?

Oct 28, 2018, 11:11 AM

There is still a lot of losing left this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO!***

Oct 28, 2018, 12:05 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Will Clemson get in if there are 5 undefeated power 5 teams?

Oct 28, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Will Clemson get in if there are 5 undefeated power 5 teams? ]

It's going to be very difficult for there to be 5 undefeated Power 5 teams at the end of the season since there are only 3 NOW.

Re: An LSU win pretty much guarantees two SEC teams in the CFP....

Oct 28, 2018, 11:09 AM

If ND and Clemson go undefeated, they can’t leave out three Power 5 conferences. If they do it will certainly expand next year as those conferences will pull out of the current agreement. If LSU wins out it may get really really interesting.

ND is not going undefeated***

Oct 28, 2018, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND is not going undefeated***

Oct 28, 2018, 11:15 AM

Who's going to beat them?

Oct 28, 2018, 11:55 AM

Syracuse in yankee stadium

Oct 28, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: ND is not going undefeated*** ]

I’m not sure N’Western doesn’t best ND this week. Those boys from Evanston are smart, well coached, and always have 2-3 sneaky good atheletes. ND will lose one somewhere.

I disagree.

Oct 28, 2018, 11:13 AM

A one loss team without a conference championship is unlikely to get in, unless a lot of weird stuff happens like it did last year. The Big 10 and PAC 12 all had had teams with multiple losses, except Wisconsin who had one loss but that was in the conference championship. If they had won, they would’ve been in the playoffs instead of Alabama. Unfortunately, Wisconsin’s resume last year was poor, thus Alabama got in.

It will take a lot of help for a conference to get two teams in, even Alabama. How good would their resume really be with the loss to LSU and no SEC championship game appearance? Not nearly as good as last year’s resume.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Depends if the committee is hell-bound on expansion

Oct 28, 2018, 11:20 AM

No B1G, No PAC-12, No Big 12? The easiest road to playoff expansion would be to leave out three of the power conferences.

Putting two SEC teams, ND and Clemson in the playoff would do just that.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly my thoughts, Rev. The college football

Oct 28, 2018, 11:51 AM

world is just not going to stand for two SEC teams in the CFP every year.

Plus, now the UCF AD is raising you-know-what over their ranking, calling the CFP a fraud.

That's why I believed it should have been an eight team playoff, kind of like spreading the wealth, so to speak.

If it was 8 team playoff

Oct 28, 2018, 12:15 PM

ESecPN would be trying to lobby for 4 SEC teams every year... nothing would change.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama will miss playoffs if the

Oct 28, 2018, 3:38 PM

Following happens....

LSU beats bama and goes into Atlanta 11-1 and then the sec champ gets in.

Clemson and Notre Dame go undefeated and both are in

Then it's either 1 loss bama, presumably 1 loss Michigan/OSU, 1 loss Oklahoma...

That would be a really hard decision, especially with 1 loss Michigan with only loss by a td on road first game of year against 12-0 ND.....I think bama misses playoff under this scenario.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic