Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazing new Clemson record for Travis Etienne!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Amazing new Clemson record for Travis Etienne!

Oct 5, 2020, 11:03 AM

I heard it said that he set a new record for receiving yards in a game by a Clemson running back, which is crazy, especially given how good CJ was at catching the ball. Speaking of CJ's records:

Travis Etienne, after gaining 187 yards from scrimmage Saturday, passes CJ Spiller for #1 all-time in scrimmage yards in Clemson history!

Etienne - 5,020
Spiller - 4,967

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazing new Clemson record for Travis Etienne!

Oct 5, 2020, 11:07 AM

Also his next touchdown places him alone at the top for most games recording a touchdown of any type over a career.

He is currently in a 3-way tie for 1st place at 38 games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of those guys is

Oct 5, 2020, 11:32 AM

Tim Tebow.

When you think about all the great players most of us have seen, especially the last 20 years, it makes you pause and say "just 38 games".

Etienne is about to put that record out of reach this year as long as he stays healthy and we don't have any cancellation of games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing new Clemson record for Travis Etienne! ]

This is the one that amazes me. I believe it will stand for a very long time. Just not that many teams get multiple 15 game years. Go Travis. Go Tigers.

5,000+ yds.!!!***

Oct 5, 2020, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only needs 379 more

Oct 5, 2020, 12:06 PM

to beat Dalvin Cook for most all-time in the ACC!

But full respect to Cook, he amassed 5,399 scrimmage yards in three years. That's inhuman. And a hilarious reminder of how far FSU has fallen lol

Cook was great but you realize he had MANY more carries and receptions

Oct 5, 2020, 9:02 PM

ETN has carried the ball about 40% of the teams running plays. Dalvin was well over 50% so ETN would be CRUSHING every single record ever recorded if he was in the game until late. But that’s not Clemson and it’s not needed. ETN is truly a great person, player, and selfless teammate.

Would like to see #9 hit one of those Spiller wheel routes

Oct 5, 2020, 12:26 PM

...but seeing him get the short passes and tough yards after contact is special too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 star Travis Etienne - breaks record.

Oct 5, 2020, 12:33 PM

I wish that my subject line was the headline when he breaks the record. "Our coaching staff" does an amazing job of evaluating talent. No way recruiters can properly evaluate all these players properly. Our coaches - full disclosure - had been tracking him but lightly. But, went full bore once another kid fell through during that cycle. Thank the Lord that kid chose another school.

Bowman might be a record setting RB and I believe he will be good and I am set to follow his career. But, who knows if we don't end up blessed again by another ( sarcasm warning ) lowly 3 star player! This a message to all the dooms day folks b/c Bowman left. We are going to be alright. Wish him well and keep it moving! It's all about Clemson!

Congrats to Travis! He is a great young person and awesome football player! Wish him continued success!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 star Travis Etienne - breaks record.

Oct 5, 2020, 1:10 PM

I think you are giving our coaches a little too much credit on this one.

You are correct that we started recruiting him after losing a different RB recruit, but a coach from Bama told our staff about him and said they couldn't take him but we should.

We basically recruited him sight-unseen on the recommendation.

It's funny how that coaching fraternity works. They sent him to us to keep him out of the SEC West and then Travis helped us beat them for a national championship.

Oct 5, 2020, 5:26 PM

Good Stuff!

Thanks!

I thought Etienne was a 4****

Oct 5, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to 3 star Travis Etienne - breaks record. ]

Re: I thought Etienne was a 4****

Oct 5, 2020, 5:29 PM

Nope. Not according to Rivals. See below. Travis Etienne or Reason #183 why you can't just depend on outside sources to tell you who can play ball or not.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/travis-etienne-11589

Re:See below. Travis Etienne or Reason #183

Oct 22, 2013, 7:50 AM

Tony Elliott visits school 1/20. Player commits 1/26. Player's interest in other schools: None.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up! Points to Coach Elliott for recognizing the kind of young man who will be not only a great fit but also a star at Clemson.

Oct 6, 2020, 8:17 AM [ in reply to 3 star Travis Etienne - breaks record. ]

I'll take one more year of Travis Etienne over three by almost anyone else. We can already see how invaluable his presence on the field is this year.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 5, 2020, 12:42 PM

Keep in mind, the players ahead of him didn't share the carries like he has.

Average Yards per Scrimmage Touch

Oct 5, 2020, 2:32 PM

Dalvin Cook - 7.0
Ted Brown - 5.7
Warrick Dunn - 7.5
Travis Etienne - 8.1

*in order of ACC Career Scrimmage Yard Leader list

You are indeed correct. Still, mad respect for Dalvin Cook. Literally got the ball over 20 times a game for 38 games and still averaged seven yards a touch. Unreal.

Spiller also played deep into games as Clemson wasn’t as good back then

Oct 5, 2020, 9:04 PM

I know Davis got a lot of carries but Lyn J is usually in on the 3rd possession and Dabo likes to run em all out there if the has the chance ??

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic