Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazing at what ppl believe in a narrative ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Amazing at what ppl believe in a narrative ....

Nov 4, 2019, 9:38 AM

Alot of ppl talk about the bias on CBS or ESPN, but has anyone really heard it in daily activities ?? I did this morning, standing in line at the grocery store, here in Denver. a guy seen my Clemson gear on, and first thing he said , " wow, Clemson not doing as good this year!", of course I said really, in what way?? Well they lost to NC , uh no they didnt. Oh ok, well whatever. Was the answer I got. As you can tell ppl believe ### they are told. So you ppl out there defending ESPN or calling ppl names on Tnet, like conspiracy, tin hats ; y'all keep on believing that the narrative is not there.... this narrative thing needs to be kicked in the ###, every year espn builds this bs, plus Dabo is saying the media has amnesia , now that statement alone proves Clemson is being place to a Standard above all.......I believe if we start to hold these so called experts accountable for what they say, maybe tht will shut some of them up...Peace Tiger nation..Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Patience, Padawan... Their reckoning day is coming...***

Nov 4, 2019, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's similar to the Heisman voting...

Nov 4, 2019, 9:42 AM

There are far too many voters and most of them don't follow the national landscape of college football closely enough or conduct their own research to have a friggin' clue or formulate an educated opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Lack of objectivity

Nov 4, 2019, 10:01 AM

People who used to get into news and sports, were looking to report the events. In these days of clicks and tweets, people in the news business, for the most part, want to effect the events. They now report what they would like to see, instead of what they see.

ESPN lost that objectivity a long time ago, and I only watch the network when it has a game that interests me.

PsyOps.***

Nov 4, 2019, 9:50 AM

Denver eh? Now I understand your Tigernet handle!***

Nov 4, 2019, 10:02 AM

Re: Amazing at what ppl believe in a narrative ....

Nov 4, 2019, 10:06 AM

Whatever the national media pushes gets grabbed and twisted a little more by the next level of media on down.

I actually saw a regional sports reporter post on Twitter this weekend that he doesn't know how Clemson is maintaining a top 4 rankings while they are just scraping by their weak ACC schedule.

The guy had no idea that even including a 1 point win vs UNC that we are winning games by an average of around 35 points.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic