Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scorching hot fried chicken takes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 553

Scorching hot fried chicken takes

Feb 3, 2021, 11:09 AM

https://spencerhall.substack.com/p/s-tier-rankings-fried-chicken

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that CFA isn't probably the fried chicky they're

Feb 3, 2021, 11:13 AM

refering to, but I'm slightly offended with both their rank AND lateral status w/ KFC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also keep in mind that KFC also quit offering potato wedges

Feb 3, 2021, 11:16 AM

Which should result in them being in last place no matter what. That was like their one saving grace and they ###### it up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are lucky Hardee's stopped selling fried chicken.

Feb 3, 2021, 11:15 AM

It would be a PITA to have to make a whole new graph with a new letter that was above "S".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spicy CFA makes me sweat haha

Feb 3, 2021, 11:16 AM

Can't help it a girl can't help it.

"Can't help it a girl can't help it"

Feb 3, 2021, 11:17 AM

I'm finding a way to work this into a work convo today.

Spencer Hall is highly entertaining. Even made an SEC show

Feb 3, 2021, 11:19 AM

watchable last fall.

Isn't that one of those dorms on campus where the

Feb 3, 2021, 11:20 AM

poonannies who couldn't handle non-annex Johnstone lived?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tmell

Feb 3, 2021, 11:22 AM

in a sec....i poasted this prior to actually writing it.

won't take long, it's just a short /csb

No, you are thinking of the quad. ~%Sick burn alert%~***

Feb 3, 2021, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Isn't that one of those dorms on campus where the ]

Re: No, you are thinking of the quad. ~%Sick burn alert%~***

Feb 3, 2021, 11:25 AM

RIP Shutdown Fullback and welcome back Shutdown Fullcast***

Feb 3, 2021, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Spencer Hall is highly entertaining. Even made an SEC show ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SDF is delicious hot nonsense. More than once I'm laughing

Feb 3, 2021, 11:42 AM

about some nonsense they are talking about and try to explain nonsense to Wife-of. It never goes well, she just gives me these increasingly concerned looks.

The whole group of them are hilarious. I need to get back

Feb 3, 2021, 11:46 AM

on that listening train.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scorching hot fried chicken takes

Feb 3, 2021, 11:25 AM

its hard to be that wrong

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 11:34 AM

Switch CFA with Zaxbys and this is perfect.

Still don't understand you jesusfreaks who like CFA so much. I drive right past it to get to Popeyes.

Zaxby's deserved a much higher rating

Feb 3, 2021, 11:36 AM

in 1998. 2021 Zaxby's doesn't care about quality whatsoever.

Old Zaxby's to current zaxby's is like Dave Thomas still alive Wendy's to current Wendy's.

I'd go so far as to say they have the worst chicken on the

Feb 3, 2021, 11:38 AM

market right now. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's like biting into a piece of greasy rubber. Out of 3 tendies in a big zax snack, you're lucky if 1 of them is edible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm telling you man, sooner or later Greenville will get a

Feb 3, 2021, 11:40 AM

Slim Chickens, and it's glorious. Every time you go there is like the best time ever that you went to vintage high-quality Zaxby's.

https://slimchickens.com/

Have you ever had Guthrie's? They briefly had one

Feb 3, 2021, 11:52 AM

in Clemson that came close to the original Zaxby's. It was just cursed to be in the building beside the Athletic Department that no restaurant can survive in. I still don't see how Kuwait has a fuggin Slim Chicken's before South Carolina.

it pains me to agree with this, on both fronts***

Feb 3, 2021, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Zaxby's deserved a much higher rating ]

RIP Dave Thomas

Feb 3, 2021, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Zaxby's deserved a much higher rating ]

And Zaxby’s.

It’s a tragedy. Zaxby’s chicken that is. And don’t even get me started about fresh never frozen myass!

in spring of 2000, it was definitely fresh never frozen*

Feb 3, 2021, 11:46 AM

except for the fries

i worked at the Clemson store for 2.5-3 months....partially because i needed some influx of cash, but mostly because i had scheduled 4-5 hour windows where I could just eat Y2K level Zaxby's

Re: in spring of 2000, it was definitely fresh never frozen*

Feb 3, 2021, 11:48 AM

bro i worked at a zaxbys too, in high school. it was two years before the smell of peanut oil didnt nauseate me

STOREY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2021, 11:51 AM [ in reply to in spring of 2000, it was definitely fresh never frozen* ]

Re: Wendy's in Clemson.

Used to go pay for the buffet. It was like $5. Salad, baked tater, chili, maybe other stuff. Would go get a clean plate after emptying the one in front of me. Would eat, you know, like 3 plates full of food. Then would get juuuuuaaaann final plate, deposit it into my backpack, then bounce.

Return a week later and order a water y small fry. Pull out clean plate and WHAMMO FREE BUFFET. Rinse, repeat. For years.

Cottdang man........and here I thought I was a genius

Feb 3, 2021, 11:54 AM

for getting all my utensils, napkins, and salt and pepper shakers from there. I think I filled up a heinz bottle once or twice as well from the ketchup pump.

But I was just playing checkers compared to you....

Mane you think that's chess let me nuclear rocket science

Feb 3, 2021, 11:58 AM

for a sec.

Metal utensils, plates, cups, salt, pepper, YOU NAME IT all came from Harcombe. Then we just threw 'em away after using them.

Wood fill gatorade bottles with soda, milk, juice, whatevs.

Keep grabbing ham sammiches. Like 50 of em. Throw away all but the ham, deposit ham in ziploc. Buy 99 cent loaf of bread at majik mart, get condiments from a mcd's or something, BEWM HAM SAMMICHES FOR A HOLE WEEKEND ROAD TRIP.

Also used to hit up a china buffet out isaqueena way. Would slam gallon ziplocks full of chicken wangs until backpack was closed. Lil woohan covid spreader busted us and said YOU NO WELCUM HEH NO MO. And we left.

Lakebum is personally responsible for the

Feb 3, 2021, 11:55 AM [ in reply to STOREY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]

no shirt, no shoes, no service policy at the Clemson Wendy's

Lakebum1®

Indeed, back before it got all developed up

Feb 3, 2021, 12:03 PM

Now they've got that little park there, and you're either interrupting some high school kid tryna finger bang his girlfriend, or there's some sketchy people hanging around you don't feel safe leaving your boat unattended near.

I swear it used to be deeper back there too. Or maybe it was the fact I never had a depth finder so I didn't GAF.

I remember going there in the early 80's with my

Feb 3, 2021, 12:06 PM

grandfather in his pontoon boat. That dock looked like it was older than the lake was even back then.

I miss the good ole days.

Feb 3, 2021, 11:52 AM [ in reply to in spring of 2000, it was definitely fresh never frozen* ]

I bought a Dave’s Double with cheese, maybe 3 weeks ago... and there was nothing “fresh” about that burger. They’ve lost their way past the freezer.

Zaxby's sacrificed quality for

Feb 3, 2021, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Zaxby's deserved a much higher rating ]

salt, in roughly a 1:1 ratio.

I mean, I think. I've probably has Zaxby's like 3 times in my life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are days that Spinx gas station could be at the very top of those rankings.

Feb 3, 2021, 11:39 AM

And yet they don’t even show up any where on the list. It’s rigged!

Pretty much it should look like dis:

Feb 3, 2021, 11:47 AM

Bojangles/Popeyes/Churchs
Spinx gas station
Publix

That's pretty much it. CFA don't count because fried chicken means whole fried brestisiss, wangs, thighs, drumstick and they don't sell that.

Don't know what the other shat on that graph is and don't want to know. Well, except Zaxby's. I know what that is and every single thing they sell taste terruble.

I gotta stick up for Lee's.

Feb 3, 2021, 11:49 AM

We gots one in BFE Kentucky and it's super-solid.

Looks like only one in Carolinas is in Rock Hill---you eaten there RH Tig?

Lee's Inlet Chicken ?

Feb 3, 2021, 12:04 PM

dew wreck or mend

Definitey have.

Feb 3, 2021, 12:12 PM [ in reply to I gotta stick up for Lee's. ]

They were one of my advertising accounts many years ago, and we went there for lunch quite frequently. Very solid fried chicken and sides. The owners I knew pretty well sold this franchise location a long time ago, and they went through a period of not quite as good, but I got take out at the drive through a couple of times back during the summer when their dining room was closed and it was good. Not as great as back in the day, a little saltier than I remember but it was still good. Best fried chicken in town is Friendly Billiards, but they only do it for their Sunday buffet...which means they haven't done it in going on a year now. Sometimes it's a lunch special, but I wish they did it every day.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 11:57 AM

On the topic of obscure regional chicken places, I'd put Zesto's in the Cola area up there w the big national chains, granted its probably been 5 years since I've had it, if it even still exists.

Charleston Sports Pub currently has the best tendies in

Feb 3, 2021, 12:05 PM

South Carolina, possibly the country. They seem to fly under the radar, but it is #facts #science

This is all well and good unless you're within 150 miles of

Feb 3, 2021, 12:07 PM

Charlotte....

http://www.priceschickencoop.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

This is an entirely fair and valid point.

Feb 3, 2021, 12:08 PM

I have a little hole in the wall place near me that makes the best hot chicken in all of Nashville. Got it with no spice one time and darned if it didn't taste just like Prices. I was happy.

THIS.

Feb 3, 2021, 12:14 PM [ in reply to This is all well and good unless you're within 150 miles of ]

This is true.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 553
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic