Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I said it a couple weeks ago.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I said it a couple weeks ago.

Oct 31, 2020, 1:47 PM

Clemson has gotten soft. There is very little physical nature to this team. Too much having fun in that Taj Mahal and not enough smash mouth in practice. BC is dominating, and I do mean dominating the line of scrimmage. BC is bigher and stronger and they definitely have more want-to. If my paltry Orangemen could do it, then you had to know BC could. I'm hoping the Tigers can pull it out, but something has got to radically change. The finesse won't do it.

I saw it some last year, and nobody can denyy is this year. Dabo really needs to take a very, very close look at some things as far as becoming a little more angry and physical about football. Some things in this game will never change, and playing a basically 7 on 7 (7 on 11) passing game will not will win national championships.

Let's go Tigers. Get it together man!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said it a couple weeks ago.

Oct 31, 2020, 1:51 PM

You are right. That explains our pulse. They want to call us coots and bad fans. I have been a tiger fan all my life but im not blind. This team is soft except for a few. Etn has carried a ton of the load.

This team better wake up.

Oct 31, 2020, 1:56 PM

For some reason, you can't tell the truth about some things on here...even if it's plain as day without getting cooted to death

Oct 31, 2020, 2:07 PM

You’re soft.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why say that?

Nov 1, 2020, 1:36 PM

I am very surprised by some people on this board. Such anger and vitriol. I never once said anything derogatory about Clemson. Clemson is my 2nd favorite team man!

So I take it your happy with the physicality we've seen from this team this year? I have. O issue debating things with you guys, but these hurt feelings and hate and disrespect are very unbecoming for Clemson people. My wife is a beautiful, intelligent Clemson grad. We've been to numerous Clemson events over the years, and I've seen nothing but kindness and a down-to-earth nature from Clemson fans, but it seems there's a different breed frequenting this site. Wazzap with that?
I love Clemson and truly hope you win the national championship. But honestly, the guys are getting beat at the lines of scrimmage by the likes of UVa, BC, and even Syracuse!! The Tigers MUST find a nasty side before travelling to Notre Dame or they will line up and punch you in the mouth on both sides of the ball. The finesse game is nice and obviously wins games when you have yhr talent, but at the end of the day football is a physical game and will never change in that regard. It just seems to me Clemson has lost some of that physical edge the last couple years, and in my opinion to beat OSU, Alabama, or even Georgia, things have got yo get more physical and mean in the program. Just my two cents man, and I think my opinion is actually shared by many.

Go Orange and Go Tigers!

No such thing as 2nd favorite team. Was Clemson “soft” last

Nov 1, 2020, 7:41 PM

year ?

2nd favorite team - get outta here with that crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Such anger!

Nov 5, 2020, 5:00 PM

That's just being childish by saying a man who went to Syracuse but whose wife went to Clemson can't like both schools. Very immature. I just don't understand some of these "Clemson gentlemen". It's really disappointing actually. Fame has wrecked a lot of good people. Humility is lost and that's a darn shame.

Don’t come on a fan board , talk ####

Nov 5, 2020, 5:07 PM

And expect everybody to lap it up . You’re no fan , you’re no expert on college football and you don’t belong here. Go back to New York

What are you talking about board nazi?

Nov 5, 2020, 5:18 PM

How did I talk ####?

What did I say that was wrong?

Are you capable of simple discussion?

I was born, raised, and live in North Carolina. How old are you - 12? You act like an immature bigot. Way to represent Clemson. I bet you don't even have a degree the way you talk and act.

Go Orange and Go Tigers.

I'll play . . . . Clemson grad, Dad was a Clemson grad &

Nov 5, 2020, 5:40 PM

served the mandated 2 years after graduation from Clemson A&M.

Born in NC. Older than 40 years old.

You are an a s s.

Clemson is soft . . . . you are clueless.

We have been in the final 4 of college football 5 of the last 6 years. We have been in the final 2 in 4 of of those years.

We are soft . . . you are clueless - and flat out wrong. Ask the nut necklaces how they felt all fresh & fine after that absolute brutal beating they took from us in the 31-0 game. Even in the one game they managed to play us close. I think the takeaway phrase from that game was "these are some hurting buckaroos" . . . . sound familiar ?

You are a trolling a s s.

You tell me - such anger. Again - completely wrong - actually laughing as I type this because:

1. I can't believe I am responding to such an obvious troll and

2. You are the one that gets emotional in your post - we won the game. The ONLY thing that matters in each & every football game is the final score - period. That is all anyone will remember - who won. But not you - you want it to LOOK a certain way & when it doesn't you get on here & emotionally say - this & that & we better figure it out & I told you & I've said it before . . . lol - a JOKE.

And I was dead-on about you being a farce with that 2nd favorite team crap. My wife went to another school and you will occasionally hear me say I LIKE her school or I pull for her school - BUT - it stops there.

Your school sucks at football, sucks at basketball and you come on our board and say we are SOFT - and expect to be treated like an invited guest into our home.

1. You weren't invited.

2. As a guest in our home you have to ACT like you are a guest & be polite & respectful if you expect to be treated the same way. You should have learned that growing up in NC, but either you clearly missed that or it got erased with your time in ny.

Laughingly - Bless your Heart - Have a Nice Day - G O T I G E R S ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 1, 2020, 1:38 PM

Is that you, Desmond?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our o line And TE’s might be soft but there is nothing

Nov 1, 2020, 7:45 PM

Soft about Clemson defense. We were just missing the heart of our unit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Allen is a beast at TE and playing more than

Nov 1, 2020, 7:59 PM

Galloway now. OL was much better in 2nd half. I don't think they're necessarily soft. They are still young with 4 new starters, and cohesion comes with playing together. They matured some in the 2nd half yesterday. Carman has been less than he should be.

I understand how important cohesion is but

Nov 1, 2020, 8:01 PM

We don’t fire off the ball. We have a hard time getting 1 yard sometimes.

I need to at least see firing off the ball with some push.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand how important cohesion is but

Nov 1, 2020, 8:31 PM

I'm no coach but not firing off the ball has more to do with the play call. We run a ton of run pass option so you can't fire off the ball without getting an ineligible down field call. When we ran it strictly at the end of the game to run time we fired off.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re right, we should go back to an almost exclusively run-oriented offense

Nov 1, 2020, 8:36 PM

like we had over 20 years ago. That worked really well. We always scored a lot of points and teams never stopped it.

That’s why all of the elite teams today run that kind of offense. Oh wait...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You don't really know much about football huh?

Nov 5, 2020, 5:03 PM

If you think the physical part of the game is no longer critical simply because the game has become more passing oriented, then you honestly have no stance to be commenting on football.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic