Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence… Ineligible for college football Hall of Fame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence… Ineligible for college football Hall of Fame

Dec 28, 2020, 6:24 PM

Rece Davis this morning on Packer and Durham said if Trevor Lawrence does not win the Heisman Trophy or end up first team all American he will be ineligible for the college football Hall of Fame.

So despite being the best player in Clemson history and quite possibly the history of the ACC and one of the best in NCAA history he will not be eligible for the college football Hall of Fame because evidently the criteria is having a Heisman Trophy or at some point being a first team all American.

Mark Packer was less than happy about that revelation as he already thinks it’s a travesty if TL does not win the Heisman.

I was curious myself so I googled it and come to find out Rece Davis is not the first person to think of this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rubbingtherock.com/2020/07/02/clemson-football-eligible-lawrence/amp/

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence… Ineligible for college football Hall of Fame

Dec 28, 2020, 6:41 PM

There are several AA lists and it does not matter as long as he ends up on one of them

Dec 28, 2020, 7:05 PM

I’m well aware of that. But, it does not change the fact that unless he does he will not be eligible. And given the way these awards go to people based on stats there is a good chance he will not get voted first team. He’s already made an all American team. He made the AP third team. But you have to be first team AA. There is a very good chance he will not be voted first team by any outlet given the numbers put up by Jones and Trask.

Dec 28, 2020, 7:21 PM

I hope we hang 94 on O31O and TL does the last 6 as time runs out... FOUSOB'S.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one thing that can be done to change this.

Dec 28, 2020, 10:15 PM

Trevor needs to stay and lead us in 2021.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would 3 National Championships make him eligible?

Dec 28, 2020, 11:48 PM

Cause that's better than any other awards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All that really matters is the Clemson ROH

Dec 28, 2020, 11:51 PM

and his upcoming Payday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best reply...^^^

Dec 29, 2020, 12:10 AM

A nice home in Ponte Vedra and access to TPC Sawgrass might smooth things over...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 12:20 AM

You should peruse the list of QBs in the college hall and you will quickly realize its not all it’s cracked up to be. In the Hs alone you find Major Harris (WV), Tracy Ham (Ga Southern) and Joe Hamilton (Ga Tech and certainly the cream of the crop of these three), none of whom could carry Trevor’s jock, outrun him in the 40 or throw the football anywhere near his ability. Now throw in all the small school nobodies that populate at least 1/4 of all QBs listed and I think you will sleep better instead of caring if Trevor gets the CHOFs name attached to him.

Dec 29, 2020, 5:37 AM

The billion dollar is going to make in his lifetime should make it easier to accept.

Dec 29, 2020, 5:37 AM

The billion dollar is going to make in his lifetime should make it easier to accept.

Dec 29, 2020, 9:02 AM

Players like Montana and Brady will never be in the college HOF because they really didn’t achieve much in college. Lawrence will likely be the player that forces the organization to change the rules or add some special committee to evaluate the outlier players. He has achieved as much or more than any QB in the hall and has the career stats to go with it. He had the bad luck of playing at the same time when Joe Borrow, Mac Jones, and Steve Trask were putting up huge stats for literally one season of their college career.

Dec 29, 2020, 9:12 AM

Peyton Manning didn't win the Heisman and things turned out okay for him

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic