Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All of you upset about BB penalty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

All of you upset about BB penalty

Nov 6, 2016, 3:46 PM

It is a penalty if you pick a player off their feet and slam them to the ground. Do you guys not know the rules of football or what? What are yall mad about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do the Gamecocks get away without a penalty here?

Nov 6, 2016, 3:49 PM

https://twitter.com/BarstoolUofSC/status/795322647995359232

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do the Gamecocks get away without a penalty here?

Nov 6, 2016, 3:52 PM

Clearly should have been a yellow flag on the field. They let em play in the SEC.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Why do the Gamecocks get away without a penalty here? ]

Every weekend something good. Maybe a little relations between a big girl and skinny bow tie wearing future low country congressman. Sometimes a little big girl on girl fighting. Love that place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Why do the Gamecocks get away without a penalty here? ]

Saw your post of this in the jounge and pointed it, +1 here too...

POTD!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Cool. Point to the rule?

Nov 6, 2016, 3:54 PM

Rulebook here: http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FR17.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool. Point to the rule?

Nov 6, 2016, 4:08 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/video/not-the-wwe-mike-pereira-explains-why-body-slam-is-illegal-in-nfl-092715

You can read thru it it may be unwritten but I have seen it called before and it should be illegal and obviously is seeing they threw a flag. It is in the nfl I am sure it is in college.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:26 PM

Obviously, same as when u catch a ball, 2 feet in bounds in NFL so im sure its the same in college too.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:35 PM

If they threw a flag and gave Cuse 15 yards it must have been a penalty. How can all of you criticize Jimbo and now do the same thing.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:42 PM

> If they threw a flag and gave Cuse 15 yards it must
> have been a penalty. How can all of you criticize
> Jimbo and now do the same thing.

Sigh. Because a rule is a regulation that exists in a book.

It really did seem they sorta chucked a flag out there because, well, it looked kinda like Ric Flair hitting somebody with a folding chair, but it actually, according to the letter of the rules, very probably wasn't a foul.

Refs err. Nobody's claiming the refs cost us the game; we are wondering what rule exactly Boulware broke.

If you can find it, please direct us. Otherwise you are spouting your uninformed opinion...and portraying it as fact, which unless proven it is not.

Nov 6, 2016, 5:22 PM

It is a rule i have seen it be called plenty of times. Idk where it is in the rule book but I am sure the refs know a little more about the rules than you or I.

Nov 6, 2016, 5:29 PM

If that's the case then why did they call personal foul? Its not a personal foul by the rules. It was just a rough looking tackle and the refs felt obligated to throw a foul. Until you can pinpoint a rule saying it's illegal to pick a player up and tackle them, your point is moot. I dont care what someone fDOC says, show me the rulebook.

Nov 6, 2016, 5:30 PM

Someone on FOX*

Nov 6, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

Okay well I think the ref made it obvious it is a rule but live in denial idc.

Totally.***

Nov 6, 2016, 6:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Officials make mistakes, and personally, I like to

Nov 6, 2016, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

understand the rules of the game. Officials have an incredibly tough job, but the integrity of the game depends in large part on them, and they should be held accountable and subject to scrutiny. Jimbo was whining because he lost, and he was wrong; replay cleary shows that the ref made the correct call. Me, I'm just trying to understand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 6, 2016, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

They threw the flag because the whistle had blown and his foward progress had stopped. After that was when BB slammed him down. That's why they threw the flag, not because there's a rule saying you can't tackle like that. I've seen people tackled like that many times without a flag being thrown. So what are you talking about?

Nov 6, 2016, 5:23 PM

I have seen it happen and a flag be thrown plenty of times. Maybe it is just a rule in the nfl but I would think it is all football.

that is only on the nfl...

Nov 6, 2016, 8:48 PM

the rule for college per NCAA

Use of Hands or Arms by Defense
ARTICLE 4. a. Defensive players may use hands and arms to push, pull,
ward off or lift offensive players when attempting to reach the runner and tackle the runner.
b.
Defensive players may not use hands and arms to tackle, hold or
otherwise illegally obstruct an opponent other than a ball carrier

The "tackling too hard" is a judgement call. You say you have seen it called, but I will say I have seen it plenty of times with no flag.

the whistle had NOT blown...

Nov 6, 2016, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

and his forward motion only stopped when Ben lifted him up. The runner was still trying to break free and actually turned himself around to go forward. Both legs were still grinding to go forward.

Nov 6, 2016, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

"They threw the flag because the whistle had blown and his foward progress had stopped. After that was when BB slammed him down."

This is 100% false. Watched it several times today. The announcer said that the whistle had blown, but he was wrong too. 'Cuse player was in mid air when the whistle blew.

It's funny that no one yet can point to the rule.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

It's "obvious" that it's illegal and every body "knows" that it's illegal, but nobody yet can show me the rule that prohibits it.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's not illegal, I'd just like to see the rule. I've scoured NCAA rules, particularly Rule 9 which covers persoanl fouls (which was the call) which includes all kinds of illegal tackles, as well as unsportsmanlike conduct, and I don't see it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's funny that no one yet can point to the rule.

Nov 6, 2016, 8:59 PM

I personally think that it was a clean tackle and should not have been penalized. If a ref is going to call this, it would have to fall under the subjective umbrella of "un-necessary roughness." That call is a completely subjective call on the part of the official.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

Moneyman - Why do you care so much about trying to prove your point of a penalty being called on that play? You have gone above and beyond to try and prove your point.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:38 PM

Because look at all the people complaining about it. It is illegal and Ben shouldnt have done it. Our boys need to know that it is illegal and BV acts like he didnt know. I am just tired of us critizing teams that complain about the refs and now look at us doing the same.

Nov 6, 2016, 4:42 PM

Did you watch the game? Did you hear when the whistle was blown and where Ben and the Syracuse guy were when the whistle blew? Did you see that the guy would not go down? It may have looked rough - but thats football! I for one love the way Boulware plays the game.

How do you know it was illegal?***

Nov 6, 2016, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

- H. L. Mencken

Re: How do you know it was illegal?***

Nov 6, 2016, 4:53 PM

He doesn't

Re: How do you know it was illegal?***

Nov 6, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to How do you know it was illegal?*** ]

I have seen it called before. You cannot body slam a guy like that. Idk where it is in the rule book but I have always heard it was illegal. Idk when they made the rule or if it is in the rule book but I have seen it called before. We need to talk to the NCAA and get this sorted out

NOT A SPECIFIC RULE IN COLLEGE

Nov 6, 2016, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool. Point to the rule? ]

Please don't lie here on Tigernet. Official can call for excessive use of force. You should recant your incorrect post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NOT A SPECIFIC RULE IN COLLEGE

Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 PM

Lie about what. It may not be a written rule but you cant do it or u get a flag thrown. So call it what you want. Not a rule just gets a penalty flag thrown. Idk what to call it if not a rule.

They didn't throw a flag on UGA when their

Nov 6, 2016, 9:03 PM

LB did it to Hot Rod McDowell in our place a few years ago. Bottom line it is not a rule, the officials threw the flag b/c it happened on the Syracuse sideline and they were all begging for it.

Um... so here's a lesson in reality....

Nov 7, 2016, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: NOT A SPECIFIC RULE IN COLLEGE ]

in college football, the rules are all written down. If it's not written down... it's not a rule.

Hope this helps.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please point me to the rule regarding excessive force,

Nov 6, 2016, 5:46 PM [ in reply to NOT A SPECIFIC RULE IN COLLEGE ]

or the rule which otherwise prohibited what Boulware did. The ref just can't make up rules and throw flags based on that.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Please point me to the rule regarding excessive force,

Nov 6, 2016, 5:48 PM

Idk where you would find it I just know from watching football my whole life that it was illegal. I knew before they threw the flag. Maybe he can help you.

I've been watching football a long time too, and I've seen

Nov 6, 2016, 5:56 PM

it not called. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but would just like to see the rule and an explanation.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I've been watching football a long time too, and I've seen

Nov 6, 2016, 6:09 PM

Oh I agree I have even seen Ben do it before. He didnt lift the player as high but iI was scared it would be called. I believe it was this year I dont remember what game. I have seen it both ways but I have heard it is illegal from a commentator during a game before.

Unwritten rule?

Nov 6, 2016, 7:47 PM

Can't imagine why we wouldn't want to write down an excellent rule such as this. I don't want to suggest something too radical here, but wouldn't it be very helpful if there were a list of these unwritten rules somewhere, perhaps compiled into a book?

Should it be an unwritten book?

Nov 6, 2016, 7:50 PM

Love to get that autographed by BB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unwritten rule?

Nov 6, 2016, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Unwritten rule? ]

> Can't imagine why we wouldn't want to write down an
> excellent rule such as this. I don't want to suggest
> something too radical here, but wouldn't it be very
> helpful if there were a list of these unwritten rules
> somewhere, perhaps compiled into a book?

You mean like an Unwritten Rule Book? Awesome idea.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unwritten rule?

Nov 6, 2016, 8:29 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-lb-luke-kuechly-has-mastered-the-body-slam-tackle/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because we did the same thing against USF in the bowl game

Nov 6, 2016, 10:04 PM

and it was not flagged...

Was on a kickoff or punt return if I remember.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found it!

Nov 6, 2016, 10:06 PM

https://youtu.be/07fZQRU7G2Y

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a deep dig ... good find!***

Nov 7, 2016, 10:18 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic