Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All Tigers that's 65 and over,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

All Tigers that's 65 and over,

Feb 3, 2021, 2:47 PM

it was announced on this morning news, that they are now making appointments for the 1c stage of covid vaccinations. Good luck, I've made my request, and I wish you well in getting an appointment!!! Go Tigers, and keep wearing your mask, help is on the way!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina - 65 and older can schedule Monday Feb 8

Feb 3, 2021, 3:05 PM

65 and older can apply for the vaccine starting Feb 8. Monday.

https://scdhec.gov/news-releases/south-carolinians-aged-65-older-can-schedule-covid-19-vaccine-appointments-beginning

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully Death Valley will be full and our Tigers will

Feb 3, 2021, 3:14 PM

continue to kick some "a" double "s".

Wishing you well with your shots. My mom had her first yesterday!! She's 77!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully Death Valley will be full and our Tigers will

Feb 3, 2021, 3:59 PM

Remember to continue to wear you mask after inoculation. I received my first shot Saturday. Get #2 in 3 weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news, but don't think this will affect many Tigers...

Feb 3, 2021, 4:04 PM

their lifespan in the wild is around 10 years and in captivity around 20 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Ok, that made me laugh.***

Feb 3, 2021, 5:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Great news, but don't think this will affect many Tigers...

Feb 3, 2021, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Great news, but don't think this will affect many Tigers... ]

Well that isn't fair! Smokey the Bear lived to be 26. Why can't we do better for Tigers?

I'm 70 and not planning on

Feb 3, 2021, 5:20 PM

taking for now. The vaccine only destroys the protein around the virus. The protein is the vehicle that carries the virus. It's been recommended to take Vitamin D3, drink tonic water and deep breathing exercises...Be safe everyone!

Thanks, Dr!

Feb 3, 2021, 6:55 PM

Glad you did your research.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: Thanks, Dr!

Feb 4, 2021, 7:42 AM

No, I am not a doctor but my son is a Doctor, my daughter is a nurse and my niece is a nurse.

Re: Thanks, Dr!

Feb 4, 2021, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Thanks, Dr! ]

No, I am not a doctor but my son is a Doctor, my daughter is a nurse and my niece is a nurse.

That’s not what vaccines do

Feb 3, 2021, 7:02 PM [ in reply to I'm 70 and not planning on ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: That’s not what vaccines do

Feb 3, 2021, 7:54 PM

Now that there is what I would call going above and beyond. As I've always heard, if it don't kill you, it has to make you stronger lol!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does tonic water mixed with booze count? askin for a friend***

Feb 3, 2021, 7:56 PM [ in reply to I'm 70 and not planning on ]

Let's just say ..... YES, that counts.***

Feb 3, 2021, 9:47 PM

Re: does tonic water mixed with booze count? askin for a friend***

Feb 4, 2021, 7:44 AM [ in reply to does tonic water mixed with booze count? askin for a friend*** ]

I drink tonic water for the Quinine that is in it. I mix it with water or tea.

Re: I'm 70 and not planning on

Feb 3, 2021, 9:04 PM [ in reply to I'm 70 and not planning on ]

I do wonder how many have been incinerated, or have planted 6 foot under, bc they believed that they would get the covid-19 virus, and if they did, it wouldn't kill them...

As a young person, I'll admit that I lived dangerously at times, but as an older man, I try to do what's necessary to try and see tomorrow. Each to their own I guess, but I did see on the news Sunday I think that it was, that a 52 year old man that jogged 3 miles every day of his life, plus did a variety of exercises 3 days a week.

He contract covid-19, and the signs hit him before going to bed, felt like crap the next morning, wife took him to ER, and he tested positive with the covid 19 virus. He was admitted into the hospital, and 4 days later he was dead, dead, DEAD as in no more life for him ever. Live by the sword, and die by that same sword!!!!

Don't ever think or believe that it won't, ever happen to you bc, ole mother nature will show you much better than I could ever tell you!!! But I will say a prayer that your method works for you, good luck!!!!

Re: I'm 70 and not planning on

Feb 3, 2021, 9:32 PM

check out DR. Lee Merrit on TheNewAmerican.com. It is strange that one spouse gets it and the other one does not. There is no rhyme or reason to the virus.I do wear a mask out in public.

Re: All Tigers that's 65 and over,

Feb 3, 2021, 5:25 PM

Just got my second today ....... wooo hoooo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 7:56 PM

Hopefully, you are still wearing a mask while out in the public to keep from passing it to a love one that it may kill!!! Congrates, still trying to get my first!!!!!!

If you are 70 or over

Feb 3, 2021, 5:39 PM

And are one of the first 500 in line & live close to Self Regional in Greenwood you won’t need an appointment Saturday morning- only 500 doses though - need appointment any other day & no CDC hassle - just call them directly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are 70 or over

Feb 3, 2021, 7:50 PM

I couldn't do the inline thingy, but in cootlumbia, they are doing by the CDC order, and nothing else. And I have sent an E-mail to everyone in Cootlumbia will some pull, and they all have done the same thing, sent me the schedule of what class they were taking at that time!!!

Believe or not, but I saw on the news, that West Virginia had already vaccinated more people than anywhere, Per Capita!!!

Death Valley should have a "Vaccinated" section

Feb 3, 2021, 9:41 PM

or multiple "vaccinated" sections. Social distancing may not be required and we could fit more people into the stands. That would be GREAT!!!

Might be an old crowd though.

Feb 3, 2021, 10:03 PM

I was lucky. Live in NJ and live in a county that has a very good plan unlike many other counties and the State of NJ.

Got first shot about a week ago and no side effects. Was in and out in 1/2 hour including a 15 minute wait period after the shot to make sure no side effects.

I do have 2 other relatives that live in other counties and are in their 80s who still haven’t heard anything even though they signed up weeks ago. As I said I was very lucky

I hope all that want to get it can get it asap and best of luck to those who don’t.

God Bless. You don’t want this horrible, horrible disease.

I have lost a couple of friends from it and hope all that do get it a speedy recovery with no side effects.

This disease SUXS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic