Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VERY unpopular opinion: The strain is showing with Dabo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

VERY unpopular opinion: The strain is showing with Dabo.

Nov 24, 2020, 6:29 AM

First, of course I like what Dabo has said since he is just voicing what we all feel about FSU.

But sometimes as a leader you have to take the highest of high roads and you don't say what could be said. And this isn't the first time Dabo has spoken when not saying much or anything would have been better. He did so over the summer with the racial stuff and in the spring with COVID. And there were incidents even before those.

Not only that, but this year he has made uncharacteristically bad gameday coaching choices - the attempted FG against Miami and the play calling at the end of regulation against ND.

What's going on? Heavy is the head that wears the crown. I noticed his demeanor change a bit after the first trip to the Natty. And when that head also has to deal with COVID, something is going to give. In other words, Dabo is stressed out, just like all of us mortals, and it is showing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re combining a lot of unrelated stuff I think.

Nov 24, 2020, 6:39 AM

Dabo has made head scratcher calls since day one. It goes with the territory and you take the bad with the good.

Also consistent is the our DC has patted our heads and let us know all is well while our OC/OC’s have often split time making us either chew a bottle of tums or thinking we got lucky and hired the next Pete Carroll.

As for this thing, it’s not about Covid. Dabo is a rules guy. You lay out the rules, agree to the rules, then you play by them. It could be any topic, but he believes we got screwed royally playing by the rules by a team that changed the rules on a suspicious whim.

Good for him for voicing it. FSU took the low road, not Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Dabo, but I'm ready to move on

Nov 24, 2020, 7:03 AM

Hopefully there is no more talk about it today. I'm sure there will be questions, but I hope to see Dabo deflect an focus on Pitt. Nothing we can do about FSU except not feed the trolls (Norvell, social media) with any more sound bites.

Drad and scoffed (not surprised) didn't really back him and that is a sign that if he keeps talking, its going to make him look worse.

Also sometime Dabo just gets on my nerves as does the Dabo worshipping.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

I hear you on the last part.

Nov 24, 2020, 7:07 AM

He’s a guy with integrity, a crazy work ethic, reasonable levels of common sense, and excellent ability to lead and motivate.

None of those total up to the “Alabama Plato” pedestal so many put him on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto

Nov 24, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to I agree with Dabo, but I'm ready to move on ]

is my best reply to this.

D I T T O.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%. Also, really tired of the insane amount of

Nov 24, 2020, 7:47 AM [ in reply to I agree with Dabo, but I'm ready to move on ]

Dabo hate out there. Every time he opens his mouth, people want him fired. I get it, he is successful and that makes him hated, but people want to cancel Dabo like he is a Paterno, Petrino, or Briles.

Let's move on, win against Pitt, reschedule FSU, and go to the Playoffs again.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bit like Dabo, and I like to think I am very

Nov 24, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to I agree with Dabo, but I'm ready to move on ]

self-aware, plus, I see his mistakes. I'll tell people that I can be a bit much at times. I get completely where he is coming from. If I were him, I'd probably say the same things. Also, recall, he had over 24 hours to cool off before his remarks, I'd bet money he would have said the exact same thing even if he didn't have time to cool off.

I get you on the Dabo worship, but it's college football, shoot some of the UofSC fans were worshiping Muschamp up until this year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THe last time I saw him completely distracted like this,

Nov 24, 2020, 9:36 AM

was when Spurrier got in his head. At least that's what reminds me of.

The good far outweighs the bad. And I’ll take 100 Dabos over one Saban.

Nov 24, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to You’re combining a lot of unrelated stuff I think. ]

But give The Prince of Darkness credit, he seldom says anything that gets people upset. He just looks like the Grinch even when he’s doing supposedly good or fun things (leading a racial justice march, doing a line dance with a recruits family...). Yuck. Dabo is an emotional guy. I like that. But the stress we’re all feeling has gotten to him. Just my $.02.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy the acc commies***

Nov 24, 2020, 7:42 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another part of it is that 2020 has ruined any

Nov 24, 2020, 8:17 AM

organization and planning. Dabo has that carefully crafted plan for the entire year that they develop every spring - all that is out the window this year, probably messes with his OCD a little bit...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why chronic planners suck. Only thing you can plan

Nov 24, 2020, 8:24 AM

on is your plan getting effffed up by something. Make only general/basic plans, everything else.....just adapt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. As did no spring ball, etc. Totally off schedule.***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Another part of it is that 2020 has ruined any ]

I didn't know the Pitt thing he mentioned. Kinda proves

Nov 24, 2020, 8:21 AM

Dabo's point. But he does need to let it rest now. FSU is a dumpsterfire now, and have been before covid. Sucks they cost us $275K or whatever to travel there for no reason. And I agree their broke AD can either come to Clemson and play us, or pay for us to travel there. Either way. We shouldn't waste any more money on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure the Pitt thing is apples to apples

Nov 24, 2020, 9:41 AM

they didn't say the player tested positive, just that he was out due to protocol, which could be contact tracing. So...Idk. I think FSU chickened out. but somehow all the extra chatter is making us look worse, not better. And that annoys the #### out of me.

Like I said above, I'm ready to move on. Having to relive the injustice is grating on me. I can only imagine the players. I hope that the coaches are able to shield them from it as much as the can, but that seems difficult when even DAbo can't seem to let it go.

It’s the stress that comes from reading too much TigerNet.***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:11 AM

This COVID stuff is making everything 10x harder

Nov 24, 2020, 9:16 AM

and when you're in a business that already has a ridiculous amount of strain and stress on a day to day basis, anything that makes that strain and stress worse is going to show.

Trust me, it's not just him that's breaking

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

which is exactly the point I was trying to make.***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:31 AM

I think it's going to get worse

Nov 24, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to This COVID stuff is making everything 10x harder ]

honestly, cable news is on a Trump bubble. Everythign he does becomes immediate fodder. When he's gone, what will fill that ? Whatever fear #### they ahve to trot out to keep ratings up

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic