Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aggies have turned to trash
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,800

Aggies have turned to trash

Sep 8, 2019, 9:37 AM

I remember last time we played this series it was the example of sportsmanship that everyone could look up to. Now A&M fakes injuries on the field, and makes excuses why they beat themselves without giving credit to the other team. Don’t know if it was Johnny Football, joining the SEC, or Jimbo Fisher, but I remember them taking pride in not doing those things last time we played.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aggies have turned to trash

Sep 8, 2019, 9:41 AM

I didn’t see any fake injuries yesterday from A&M. Remember LSU? They should have received an award.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

I'm not sure any of the A&M's were fake. Our players were hurting them fair and square. Not that jimmy-bo would be above, but Mond was not faking his cramps.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Aggies have turned to trash ]

Didn’t appear to me they were faking. I watched them closely through binoculars and I think cramps knees ankles and groom injuries happened. They would not fake to get third or fourth string DTs on the field.

I think you missed the game.***

Sep 8, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Aggies have turned to trash ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don’t think they were faking injuries

Sep 8, 2019, 9:48 AM

Historically, humidity is higher in College Station than it

Sep 8, 2019, 9:53 AM

is in Clemson. Temperature too. Why was their defense so much more prone to injury than their offense and Clemson on both sides of the ball? Why do the injuries happen on third down when the other team is moving the ball? Why does this happen to Jimbo's teams consistantly more than any other team not named LSU? Why do the injured players always seem to come right back in the next series?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Historically, humidity is higher in College Station than it

Sep 8, 2019, 10:05 AM

not according to this website

Sep 8, 2019, 10:12 AM

College Station

https://weatherspark.com/y/8783/Average-Weather-in-College-Station-Texas-United-States-Year-Round

Clemson

https://weatherspark.com/y/17066/Average-Weather-in-Clemson-South-Carolina-United-States-Year-Round

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I found another website that says differently

Sep 8, 2019, 10:13 AM

Re: I don’t think they were faking injuries

Sep 8, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to I don’t think they were faking injuries ]

Was Clemson not playing in the same heat. I don’t remember one time that we had to stop play for cramps or to slow down. The only stoppage I remember is when XT got his ankle rolled and he was out for more than one play.

Like I said maybe they were flopping some

Sep 8, 2019, 10:30 AM

Remember the ND game when it only rained on ND players?***

Sep 8, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I don’t think they were faking injuries ]

Sep 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

Overreact much? Some people just aren’t happy without something to ##### about, I guess.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:00 AM

In section O, down behind the visitor’s bench, there were many more opponent (Texas a&m) fans that we typically have in our section. They kept their comments quiet and were not obnoxious for most of the game. However, a goodly number of them were giddy after scoring their only td. Something about the point spread, blah, blah, blah.

In my 50+ years as a Clemson fan, I don’t ever recall be consoled by getting a trash time td to “beat the spread.” The culture there is shifting to the Jimbo (Earnest T Bass) Fisher way of thinking.

I told a couple of them after the game that they will regret bringing in JF as coach. He is not ethically anchored and will allow any manner to thug to play and represent their school.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aTm will be where FSU is now in 10 years***

Sep 8, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:05 AM

Weak. Act like we are classy. What's there to.complain about. We won. I thought only the losers have something to complain about.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:11 AM

That's the doctrine of the Sorry Excuse Conference. Make excuses when you lose, beat your chest when you when. I will say that every A&M fan that I met, and it was quite a few, were some of the nicest opposing fans I've met at Death Valley. I met one at Chick Fil A after the game and updated him on the score of the Texas / LSU game. He said, "If Texas was playing Al Queda I'd be an Al Queda fan". I said I feel the same way about South Carolina.

Their team may be mouthy but the fans that I met weren't. They are very passionate about their team and they travel well. Looked to me like there were more Aggie fans at the game than there were Coot fans at our game with them last year.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

^ YeP, agree that more A&M Fans there (from Dallas & Houston, etc) than Coots

Sep 8, 2019, 10:18 AM

from nearby Columbia!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Best fan base I've met outside of us. It's a shame

Sep 8, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Aggies have turned to trash ]

that Jimbo is there. He is going to ruin the culture.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:18 AM

We sat next to some A&M fans and we were discussing the heat. She said they typically play most of their Aug, Sept and early Oct games at night due to the heat.
As far as the obvious difference in conditioning of the players, it would be interesting to see the difference in number of players getting snaps between the teams. I suspect we held up better because we tend to play more people.

They can thank ABC/ESPN for the 3:30 game

Sep 8, 2019, 10:39 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,800
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic