Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After seeing 3 consecutive weeks of terrible first half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,202

After seeing 3 consecutive weeks of terrible first half

Nov 9, 2020, 10:39 AM

Performances, i hope we come out and play like an actual team thats focused next game. We got away with it against Syracuse, almost blew it against BC, and finally blew it against ND. Dug ourselves a big hole and this time we couldnt overcome it.

I saw it coming. Many folks did. I say bench some players. Id rather play less talented kids who want the chance then players who keep playing half way.

I hope Dabo really starts a fire and team leadership rallies the team. Last 3 weeks have not been very good. Certainly not Clemson worthy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After seeing 3 consecutive weeks of terrible first half

Nov 9, 2020, 10:49 AM

Cuse wasn't horrible. If felt closer than it was. We were still outclassing them - even with TL spotting them 7 points.

Next, the 1st half issues is that we are playing "tight" to start and not-in-sync is as much as an issue of DJ inserted without as many reps. The timing is off. I think the mass of different players inserted into the rotations each week is just causing those small issues. It seems like SE/BV are having to completely redesign their units based on bodies available. I don't think they are doing a bad job.

But step back. Seriously, DJ is an absolute true freshman and is still playing great. Better than both Watson and TL actually given his first two games.

But day, the halftime coaching has been excellent.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:55 AM

Horse crap. All 3 weeks we turned it on when we had to. Meaning the first halves players were not putting in the effort . Yes we r down players but thats but why we stunk it up.

Pump that sunshine. Deny deny deny. Time to bench people imo. We need 4 quarters of play, not 2.

Bench who?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

A lot of the problem is that we are already deep down the depth chart playing guys that either aren't ready or aren't really talented enough to start on a title contender.

Are you gonna bench Etienne? Lol

Nov 9, 2020, 11:04 AM

If the O stays 1-dimensional, it is going to catch up with us by the end of the season.

The D can be good if EVERYONE is healthy. Big if.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,202
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic