Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..

Jun 4, 2020, 10:27 PM

so to get back to the Willis cland’s 100 year old roots of making wooden skiffs in their yards on Harkers Island just above Beaufort & Morehead City NC.

Heard they were a bit famous for their flare bow design.

Here’s some pics of liked skiffs. Sorta like the 3rd pic style best since simpler, high bow & deep sides.

Oh, they make simple wooden skiffs that sell from $250-$1000 at Lowcountrymaritime in Mt Pleasant SC..done by students from local schools. Very colorfully painted too.

And..Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..

Jun 4, 2020, 10:44 PM

Very nice boats. Be sure and keep it out of the sun. I had a smiliar one and the sun faded it badly on one side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About to sell 1 of my 2 Jet boats & go to a simple wooden skiff with outboard..

Jun 4, 2020, 10:48 PM

I like Pic #1 the best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 10:53 PM

Bill, you should get a Harker’s Island skiff then, they still make them. The Raleigh DU banquets usually raffle one off. I would look into it and make a road trip to pick it up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 11:11 PM

I fished 300 crab pots in the summers through high school and college in a wooden Chincoteague scowl. Can’t beat the way a wood boat rides.

Pretty***

Jun 4, 2020, 11:03 PM

best of luck with that

Jun 5, 2020, 6:58 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 7:33 AM

I really like number one as you have room for gear and people and is wide enough to stand up in. The bottom 2 do not appear to be nearly ad stable.

Just curious. Is that Edisto Marina?***

Jun 5, 2020, 9:29 AM

Actually, never mind. I see it's not.

Jun 5, 2020, 9:30 AM

Cool looking boat though.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic