Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
According to Bama Boards Clemson's Defense is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

According to Bama Boards Clemson's Defense is

Nov 15, 2018, 10:05 PM

The same or worse than last year... at least a couple of these guys think so. Several offer more respect. Interesting seeing the outsiders perspective.

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304940

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to Bama Boards Clemson's Defense is

Nov 15, 2018, 10:11 PM

I check tidefans every now and then and B1Gtide always has something up his ### about Clemson, probably due to the entire 2016 playoffs.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:48 AM

That guy is laughable. He tries to come off as a "just the facts" type but is TOTALLY BIAS.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:23 AM

Yup, he has that typical Ohio State tone of condescension and moral superiority.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:14 PM

Thats a compliment then considering our D shut them down last year. Kelly can’t throw further than 10 yards Bryant turned the ball over in our own zone.

Nov 16, 2018, 12:54 AM

I agree with KB not being able to throw the ball well. Clemson was down by 7 points going into the second half. Clemson was driving but KB threw an INT. He never got over that the rest of the game. He was not able to shake off when bad things happened to him. That is why TL is our QB now and he has one of the best arms I have ever seen.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: According to Bama Boards Clemson's Defense is ]

True but they were at a disadvantage at QB last year.

Being objective I'd say that you have to consider the fact that their offense is significantly more dynamic with a healthy Tua than with Hurts. Our back end wasn't really challenged last year.

However, on the flip side we have a more experienced and hopefully fully healthy D Line and LB core to attack them UNLIKE last year.

Not only that but our offense has improved significantly as well which means our defense won't be on the field as much.

Those guys can't even read stats properly

Nov 15, 2018, 11:03 PM

Clemson's defense isn't #5. We're #1 in scoring defense, #2 in YPG, #1 in S&P+ efficiency, #1 in ESPN FPI efficiency...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Those guys can't even read stats properly

Nov 15, 2018, 11:21 PM

Well done. What a difference a few facts make...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 11:29 PM

chaile said:

The same or worse than last year... at least a couple of these guys think so. Several offer more respect. Interesting seeing the outsiders perspective.

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304940

They are so arrogant. Hope we get the opportunity to play them.

im loving it..

Nov 15, 2018, 11:37 PM

they fail to realize our defense did enough to win the game last year but our offense was ###..this years offense is better

Re: im loving it..

Nov 15, 2018, 11:50 PM

They also fail to realize that Dexter Lawrence was hurt, a shell of what he is this year, and Tre Lamar didn't play at all. Seems like someone else was hurt/out for the Bama game last year. A DB?

Nov 16, 2018, 10:08 AM

Well, Etienne got his bell rung on the first kickoff....Tee Higgins went out pretty early with an injury too.

Judah Davis (LB) was also out with a knee injury. Fields was out of the ACC-CG, but can't remember if he was back for the game vs Bama.

Nov 16, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: im loving it.. ]

I know Tee got hurt as well. I really think he was a big part of our gameplan, and when he went down, we lost our #1 guy to stretch the field with, and throw those 50/50 balls to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are the facts

Nov 16, 2018, 12:22 AM [ in reply to im loving it.. ]

about who has faced what kind of offenses.

I looked at every team that Michigan, Clemson & Bama faced, using stats from NCAA. I looked at Total Offense, Rushing Offense, Passing Offense for each opponent of these three teams. For Clemson I threw out Furman & for Bama I threw out La. LaF because they are FCS teams.

Michigan has faced an Average Total Offense of 69. Average Run Offense of 61. Average Passing Offense of 74

Clemson has faced an Average Total Offense of 59. Average Run Offense of 56. Average Passing Offense of 64

Bama has faced an Average Total Offense of 63. Average Run Offense of 65. Average Passing Offense of 60.

3 other things to remember. 1 - The NCAA stat for Total Defense is based on total yds allowed. Clemson Defense has faced about 90 more plays than Michigan Defense.
2- Clemson When you look at Yards Per Play, Michigan is 1/100th of a yard better than Clemson or about 1/3 of an inch per play. Me thinks that don’t matter.
3. Clemson is getting ready to face Duke & then the coots. Our stats are definitely going to get better. Michigan gets O310 St last, which is 19 spots better on offense than anybody that they’ve played to date. I think Michigan’s stats (and maybe their record) will take a hit.

The garbage that Clemson has played no one is just that.....garbage. Clemson has played more competition than the other top 4 teams. That’s what 10 games worth of stats say.

Re: Here are the facts

Nov 16, 2018, 12:35 AM

Kudos for the hard work.

Just one problem: La Laf is FBS. Bama hasn't played their only FCS foe yet (The Citadel.)

Nov 16, 2018, 12:42 AM

Well then I missed them. My bad.

Nov 16, 2018, 1:10 AM

Bama’s #’s with La.Laf included

ATO- 60. ARO - 61. APO - 62.

To me the real key is balance. It doesn’t matter if you can through it all over the field. Ole Miss & NCSU can both do that, but neither runs well and they get smoked. GT is poster boy for the opposite lack of balance. Also need to be balanced between Offense & Defense.

B1GTide is really

Nov 16, 2018, 4:51 AM

Saying he hopes tOSU makes the CFP, but he doesn't want to face Clemson. I LOL'd at 'Hurts lit up the front 4'.

He has nothing to worry about, though. If there's a program cycling out faster than tOSU, please enlighten me. Crumbling down...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: B1GTide is really

Nov 16, 2018, 5:14 AM

None of them want to face US !!!!!! It is going to be a little scary facing all those 25,0000 star athletes from Michigan, Notre Dame, or all those 250,000 star elite athletes from MIGHTY BAMA !!!!! "LMFAO"

Thanks for crunching the #s and checking facts Gumby

Nov 16, 2018, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Here are the facts ]

To paraphrase Sweet Georgia Brown: Bill ain’t got no time for that!

However, taking my lead from the talking heads - hayull, even the CFP Committee - the old eye test tells ME we can beat ANY body...

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Well, that's settled. "Fan" opinions are what win ball games***

Nov 16, 2018, 6:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were that the case...

Nov 16, 2018, 8:02 AM

u5c would have numerous division, conference and national championships. ####...at least 24 in the last 25 years alone.

The grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism by their fans knows no bounds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 16, 2018, 7:06 AM

I’d say that thread is split 50-50 with fans that respect our D and those that downplay it. I think the “downplayers” may actually be a bit afraid to play us again. They should be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 7:25 AM

One dude said our D isn't as food this year as it was last year. Jeeze. There's nothing wrong with saying , "I don't know" or just staying quiet.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:58 AM

Lol true. But the dude you are referring to knows everything when it comes to football.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:04 AM

Alabama will lose unless the Refs get involved. I expect a controversial finish to the SEC championship and any close playoff game Bama is in.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:56 AM

With Tua banged up Bama may lose but im sure the CFP committee will use that excuse to allow them to put them in anyway.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:33 AM

Tidefans.com......bunch of f@ggots

Bama has earned the right to be confident

Nov 16, 2018, 11:10 AM

I think most Clemson fans go into most games fairly confident. Our team has earned our support by winning 10+ games for 8 straight years, going to 3 straight playoffs and winning 1 natty. Our football team is 50-4 in the most recent 54 games. So our team is confident and our fans are confident.

Bama has been more successful than Clemson and has won 2 of the last 3 games they played against us. It makes sense to me their fans would expect to beat us and to come across as cocky. If we were going to play Oklahoma or Ohio State, we'd be cocky too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic