Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does the ACC-N need a controversial homer figure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Does the ACC-N need a controversial homer figure

Sep 24, 2019, 6:41 AM

like Finebomb? There is some good panel discussions and banter on the program, but little that gets your dander up.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does the ACC-N need a controversial homer figure

Sep 24, 2019, 6:48 AM

Kind of hard to be taken seriously right now if one is an ACC homer.

Sep 24, 2019, 6:57 AM

They need somebody, but all the good Homers seem to come from the SEC( in my opinion).

Absolutely not

Sep 24, 2019, 6:58 AM

With a much more advanced intellect, I don't think the ACC fan bases would be as belligerent as his clientele.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely not

Sep 24, 2019, 7:00 AM

How would it work anyway? We're the only real quality football school in the conference. They can't just talk about Clemson all day every day.

Sep 24, 2019, 7:11 AM

They can talk about the fact that the ACC has a winning record against the SEC head to head in the CFP era.

Sep 24, 2019, 7:14 AM

Then what?

Sep 24, 2019, 10:11 AM

They can talk about 2 of the last 3 and 3 of the last 6 natties. What can the SEC talk about besides rankings? That’s really all they have. They don’t have the results on the field vs the ACC. The best of the ACC is better than the best of the SEC right now.

So all this bashing of the ACC and praising of the SEC is done based on a flawed ranking system.

Case in point Florida sitting in the top 10. If that’s the case several teams in the ACC coastal should be in the top 20. The rankings are a joke even at the top. LSU and UGA are up there because of SEC bias. They’ve done nothing to prove they are better than any of the other undefeated teams.

It seems to be working for Finebum***

Sep 24, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Absolutely not ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Absolutely not ]

^^^^ This.

Also, Clemson gets plenty of coverage on the SEC Network these days.

Please no. I’d be embarrassed if Finebaum was the face

Sep 24, 2019, 7:03 AM

of Clemson’s conference’s network.

null

Jeez...did I say hire Finebaum?

Sep 24, 2019, 7:11 AM

Wake up, Swarley, for cryin out loud.....

Whoa! Peace Bengal! I was just answering your question.

Sep 24, 2019, 8:42 AM

I didn’t say you recommended hiring Finebaum. Just that he’s the example you used so I was giving my opinion of him and, therefore, people like him.

null

I will add that one of the things I loved about Packer in

Sep 24, 2019, 8:49 AM

Charlotte is how he played all the local fan bases off of one another. He would tease, for example, the Tar Heels for losing to app state. But it was always light hearted and fun. Finebaum is far too caustic. Almost like these programs owe him something. Or the fans do. It’s really obnoxious and ultimately bad for the sport. In my opinion.

null

Re: Please no. I’d be embarrassed if Finebaum was the face

Sep 24, 2019, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Please no. I’d be embarrassed if Finebaum was the face ]

If he was a dog you shave his behind and make him walk backward

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Packer is not a "homer" in the classical sense but

Sep 24, 2019, 7:29 AM

he does subtly troll the SEC quite a bit on the Packer and Durham show. He regularly throws the SEC's mantra "just means more" back in their face. He also states facts in his arguments that deflate a lot of the conference hype that is spewed by idiots like Finebaum. As Packer likes to say "hardware over hype" - the ACC is the reigning national champions not only in the big two (football and basketball) but a lot of other sports as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the ACC...

Sep 24, 2019, 7:30 AM

We let our athletics do the talking. The ACC owns the two biggest sports, football and basketball. Baseball is easy, Vanderbilt winning a championship is proof, so I expect we’ll soon own that sport too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It’ll have to be done during basketball season

Sep 24, 2019, 7:40 AM

you know, that time when tigernet becomes extremely divided

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is the Iraqi foreign minister available?

Sep 24, 2019, 7:57 AM

Need that blind loyalty spin to be an ACC homer right now.

Sarah Sanders is available and experienced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 9:39 AM

The ACC homer will show up in March when someone on the network starts clamoring for 14 teams getting in the NCAA tournament.

You know what they say, "homers are where the heart is".

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic