Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT: Do y'all think we have a chance in this game?...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

GT: Do y'all think we have a chance in this game?...

Dec 5, 2014, 10:54 AM

FSU has been skating by all year, and letting their talent win out. But I hope we can somehow jump on top of them and milk the clock, not giving JW a chance for his heroics.

They do have better athletes. So, we shouldn't be favored, and we're not.

For us to win, we have to win the turnover battle, and then we need the B-back Dive play to work reaasonably well. What people don't realize is that we played a sloppy game against UGA. We need to bring our A-game to Charlotte.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost your primay reciever.

Dec 5, 2014, 10:57 AM

I thin that'll be your downfall. And...FSU is this year's Auburn; I think they stole the horseshoe from them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think you do Smitty

Dec 5, 2014, 10:57 AM

I expect a tough game from both teams. If JW gets sloppy throwing the ball like he did against UF, they won't be able to come from behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think you do Smitty

Dec 5, 2014, 3:55 PM

> I expect a tough game from both teams. If JW gets
> sloppy throwing the ball like he did against UF, they
> won't be able to come from behind.

But you might be able to get a reach around.....

Absolutely. Especially in the rain. ******

Dec 5, 2014, 10:58 AM

null

Re: GT: Do y'all think we have a chance in this game?...

Dec 5, 2014, 10:59 AM

If your defense can hold up late in the game you should be in it and have a chance. You also have to keep the foot on the throttle with those guys. Don't stop what's working just because your head.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2014, 10:59 AM

noles win

back to reality

screw GT and Criminoles

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well,

Dec 5, 2014, 11:00 AM

i'd say jimbo is probably looking at this selection committee and being all ##### i gotta do here sides winning for 2 years straight and defending champs. then dawns on him well wouldn't hurt to beat jackets by 30.

for serious though, i think no turnovers and you got a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

^^^ This.

Dec 5, 2014, 11:18 AM

Jimbo is stewing over the committee's blatant efforts to eliminate FSU from the playoffs. If he thinks like the committee - if FSU narrowly wins and Oh St. wins big, FSU could get jumped, again. I think that is going to be in all of their heads coming into this game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what game?***

Dec 5, 2014, 11:01 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: what game?***

Dec 5, 2014, 11:53 AM

Gt vs fsu

You do if you get ahead early

Dec 5, 2014, 11:01 AM

Honestly though, I'm not sure...keep in mind that we gifted you over half your points, so if you can force turnovers you should have a chance

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turnovers have huge for us in many games...

Dec 5, 2014, 3:19 PM

When I look at games where turnovers played a big part, I come up with more than a few: Clemson, VT, NC State, UGA, Pitt, Miami.

We won the turnover battle in those games, and without that advantage, would've been hard-pressed to win a few of them.

I hope y'all beat the cr@p out of'em and

Dec 5, 2014, 11:04 AM

Paul Johnson cut blocks Jimbo when he comes to shake hands at the end of the game.

Honestly,

Dec 5, 2014, 11:05 AM

FSU is much better than the final scores of their games this year. They'll probably only beat you by a few points and that doesn't matter if you score 3 or 50. You'd have to be up by several scores and control the ball while scoring in the fourth quarter to beat them. They'll win anything close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good call...

Dec 7, 2014, 10:46 AM

The thing about last night is that FSU actually played almost a perfect game. No turnovers. Very few penalties. No dropped passes. No missed kicks. Everything that Winston had to do, he did it, from the first snap.

And even after all of that, we were executing an onside kick with 1:47 left to try and steal it at the end.

FSU's stock went up with me last night, because they actually played very well in beating a quality opponent.

everyone has a chance. I just don't see it

Dec 5, 2014, 11:05 AM

Unless Winston throws a bunch of picks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 5, 2014, 11:06 AM

One intangible that is in play here.....Swofford probably has already addressed the preferred outcome of this game with the officiating crew. In the eyes of the league, FSU must win, no matter how it needs to happen, it is a must. The financial windfall from FSU's inclusion in the CFP is too much to even entertain the possibility of any other outcome. I personally am pulling for GT but unfortunately, it won't matter.

Dec 5, 2014, 11:07 AM

I see you guys winning this one, FSu has been awful lately, and you guys seem to be hitting your stride.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course you have a chance

Dec 5, 2014, 11:09 AM

I think you're ability to run clock can serve you very well if you can get a lead on them as teams have been able to do this year.

With that said, were I betting on it I'd say FSU wins a close game. They just have that intangible thing that has allowed them to win close games this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is beatable, especially if they turn the ball over.***

Dec 5, 2014, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 5, 2014, 11:23 AM

I think GT has a great chance...You slow down Winston's playmakers, like Cook and the MFer that wont graduate so he probably has PhD by now Rashad Greene, yall will be fine...Their run defense is very suspect but they are very physical up front of the both sides of the ball...That cute little zone yall were in that dominated the god awful Stoudt with wont work on Winston...No pressure = him picking that @ss apart..

GT will be able to move the ball, just hope they step on their throat

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Heck Yea!

Dec 5, 2014, 11:32 AM

Be within 2 TDs all night and make it a fourth quartwer game.

If you get turnovers and don't have too many in the rain, you can win.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Any Given Saturday

Dec 5, 2014, 11:51 AM

Anything can happen once the ball snaps. Perfect example! Watson goes down with a phantom non-contact knee injury right as were about to go up 10-0..And then stoudt comes in and almost immediately throws a pick six.

My point is that if you guys get some lucky breaks down the stretch and keep up the pressure when you have a lead you have a chance.

I think as long as Johnson doesn't try to play too

Dec 5, 2014, 11:54 AM

conservative early on and your recievers make a few plays early that could keep their linebackers off the LOS and you guys will have it. If you let them pin their ears back they will stop the option run. It also helps that they will not have Williams at running back and it will likely be wet. If your defense gets a few picks even better. The main thing is how well your defense plays in the 4th quarter. They always come to play in the second half. My 2 cents.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: My main focus is FSU's DL...

Dec 5, 2014, 1:45 PM

The 2 best DL's we faced were Clemson & VT, both games where our rushing stats were around 250 yards and very hard-earned at that. Our offense wasn't over-powering in either of those games, but our defense got turnovers to win it for us.

If FSU's DL is as stout as Clemson, then I'll be very worried. I'm hoping we can get their DL on skates by the 3rd quarter, like we did with Georgia and alot of the other teams we faced.

If You Can Get Ahead 10+ And Then Grind The Clock YES***

Dec 5, 2014, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

simply put, I hope ya'al blast their ##### out of the yard

Dec 5, 2014, 12:02 PM

I detest them. They are an embarrassment to the ACC and always have been going back to Papa Bowden.

Your defense is going to have to remain aggressive and not..

Dec 5, 2014, 12:21 PM

go back into a shell like Roof tends to do. You need some long sustained drives (for TD's) and limit FSU possessions. I think you have a great chance/

Roof got more agressive as the season went along...

Dec 5, 2014, 1:46 PM

After the UNC debacle, he simplified and turned his guys loose more. I'm hoping that pays dividends and gets JW confused.

Absolutely, and I'm expecting it.

Dec 5, 2014, 12:26 PM

YOu guys have a better team and are better coached. While they have better individual athletes, they're not playing as a unit. If GT goes into the game playing with reckless abandon, you WILL win.

Dec 5, 2014, 12:47 PM

I definitely think GT has a chance, everybody does any given day. I dont know if they'll win but I hope they do.

Dec 5, 2014, 12:52 PM

Hell I don't know. I was about to say Winston won't throw you 2 TDs like we did but then I remembered that he's thrown 11 picks in his last 5 games. Who knows. They definitely have you beaten all over the field from an athletic standpoint, but who knows.

Dec 5, 2014, 12:54 PM

You will have to take full advantage of the INTs that Crusty Crab Legs is sure to throw in the first half. If you do, you have a good chance. If you are only even or barely ahead at the half, I think it turns out badly for you. I have to admit I am pulling against you in this one, I want to see the Criminoles have a shot at Bama, to help the prestige of the ACC. If you guys win, we get no team into the playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smitty...ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Dec 5, 2014, 1:01 PM

I not only think GT has a chance, it think y'all will WIN! Pressure the shoplifting entitled brat, and he'll fall apart. As much as I'd love to see the National Championship won by the ACC this year, I can't stomach FSU winning it. I'm SICK of Winston and little Jimbo's #### retention of rabbits' feet and horseshoes. Besides, I think Oregon wins it this year regardless of who they play.

I like your chances

Dec 5, 2014, 1:22 PM

If FSU continues to start slow. Given your ability to control the clock, I think if they wait until the second half to actually start playing, they'll find it much more difficult to hit their stride offensively and score quickly.

This assumes you don't turn the ball over yourselves and can move the chains, but I think your offense has shown that ability in most games.

My only concern is that your defense, while opportunistic in the turnover department, doesn't do much else. If FSU protects the ball and Winston is on his game from the beginning I'm not sure you get the opportunity to play from ahead. However they haven't come out strong in any one game this year so I suppose there is no reason to assume that happens now.

I think GT has a great chance

Dec 5, 2014, 1:31 PM

It depends on how the game plays out. If at any point GT can get a 2 score lead, I like their chances to take the air out of the ball and just not give FSU enough possessions to catch up.

But I could also see FSU getting an early lead and just running away with it. We were moving the ball pretty well before Watson went down. FSU has that capability as well.

Sure, Especially

Dec 5, 2014, 1:50 PM

if Jameis throughs three interceptions and you return two for TDs.

Yes. Play excellent D and keep the ball out of their hands.

Dec 5, 2014, 1:53 PM

They scored only 20 pts against us, albeit without Crablegs. Our somewhat lame offense scored 20 pts on them. If Watson was 100%, we would beat them today. But if Watson had not gotten hurt, we would have beaten you all. Good luck, I hope you win.

Only if Cole is gonna suit up for the Nolies***

Dec 5, 2014, 1:56 PM

A chance, but not a great one

Dec 5, 2014, 2:14 PM

Winston is going to pick you apart the whole night. The running game will start working in the second half. Their defense, while a pale shadow of last year, is still better than yours.

I do think GT will score in the high 20's to low 30's, I just think Crab Legs probably scores more. I hate the guy, but the man is a freak QB.

Yeah, I hate JW, too...

Dec 5, 2014, 3:06 PM

Gotta give him credit though. When he's bad, he's awful. But when he's good, he's very good. And that's usually the case in the 4th quarter.

If you play like you did vs Duke and UNC, no. If you play

Dec 5, 2014, 3:20 PM

like you did vs Georgia, yes. If you get lucky and the team loses their starting quarterback while marching to go up 10-0 in the first quarter like you did against Clemson, yes.

We weren't quite good enough to beat FSU with Winston out, but you guys will kill them if he goes down.

Why are there no replays of the GT-Georgia game on? I have been looking for that game since it was played at the same time as our game with Carolina Southern. I would really like to watch it. I'm thinking since the SEC Network had it, it is their property and they are not showing it.

Good luck vs FSU, it should be a good game.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic