Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ADs say no college football played this season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ADs say no college football played this season...

Aug 9, 2020, 12:03 AM

Hate it! Here...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/power-five-ads-inevitable-2020-college-football-season-will-not-be-played-this-fall/?fbclid=IwAR03OiFRxJ_Tk1onhMfDBt-4Pqq4UD2s1kpAgDKqLBIR3wZNboEQQ6Od2vs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ADs say no college football played this season...

Aug 9, 2020, 12:06 AM

Buzz off coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 12:11 AM

I hate Coots. Just sending the link. It suks but someone of power needs to step up or these nauseased politics will have there way.

Aug 9, 2020, 12:27 AM

Troll on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 12:48 AM

So when did the MAC become a Power-5 Conference?

Aug 9, 2020, 1:00 AM

Hopefully this is just a bit of overreaction. I hate to sound like a nut, but the lack of integrity in the media makes me wonder if the anonymous ADs even exist.

Barstool Sports is a pretty infamous media outlet but I like them a lot and they have what I would consider the best college football podcast there is. They were talking about how it seems like half the sports media is rooting for all seasons to be cancelled, and I tend to believe that. Hopefully this story is part of that hysteria and nothing materializes from it.

As soon as the prez. election is over, the plandemic will

Aug 9, 2020, 2:00 AM

be over. Here's to hoping the election is over by Thanksgiving.

Until actual AD's are quoted, names given, it might as well

Aug 9, 2020, 4:09 AM

be a lie. The ACC and SEC have already commited to a schedule. Reneging will upset a lot of people.

Too much politics in sports these days. Why should we trust them?

Aug 9, 2020, 5:02 AM

Dennis Dodd has been pushing for the cancellation of the season since the 1st wet booger came out of a Chinese mans nose. He has literally been peeing his pants from the fear he has of this virus for sometime. I'm assuming he's mistaking the hot air coming out of his mouth as a possible indication of a fever.

Now would it shock me if the AD's cave to the pressure, not at all. However if done, the economic impact on the communities and the smaller budgeted universities will be too much to overcome and will have lasting effects no one is capable of wrapping their head around at the present time.

To say the country is basically attempting to commit economic suicide is a mild understatement

Aug 9, 2020, 6:17 AM

It's a brave new world, guys and gals - all driven by social media. We love to live, and live to love, in a state of fear and hatred - it's the only thing that gets our mental jollies off these days, and "we've only just begun" to suffer the consequences.

Go Tigers!!!

Two things...

Aug 9, 2020, 8:55 AM

1 - Who are these "prominent" athletic directors and why would their opinions count more than any other?

2 - Who gives a royal rats rump about the MAC. In the grand scheme of things, they are irrelevant on the college football landscape, so why would anyone really care what this collection of directional schools and perennial homecoming opponents says or does?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 9, 2020, 9:21 AM

The 2 anonymous ADs making the comments are probably from the PAC12 and B1G trying to derail the season since their players are trying to derail the conferences.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic