Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A week later, some perspective:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

A week later, some perspective:

Dec 1, 2012, 10:10 AM

It still hurts. Bad.

Last Saturday night was one of the most painful experiences I have had in nearly 40 years of following Clemson athletics. So frustrating to have it all in front of us and not be able to close the deal. CM's play calling is what bothers me most (because it has been a pattern of his in big games), but there were plenty of sources of frustration to go around.

However, the future is bright for Clemson football.

We went 10-2 this season. We did not lose a game against a lesser opponent and that cannot be said about any other season in recent memory. Heck, even St. Danny sometimes lost to teams he shouldn't have. We were very competitive against better competition (one could even argue we should have won against FSU and the coots) and handily beat all the equal-ish competition (VT, GT, NCSU, AU - not talking about their current seasons, but as programs those are equal-ish to us, IMO). That is an important step in the right direction.

The defense will continue to improve. Overall I think BV has done a fine job in season 1. That is encouraging.

I hope Tajh & Co all come back next season. But if not, I am convinced Kelly is a leader in waiting. Remember, he was one of the 2 guys (Tajh being the other) asked to get the team fired up when so many had the flu at BC. That is encouraging.

I attended Homecoming this year and returned to campus for the first time in more than a decade. DV is a stadium second to none. Our new facilities are awesome. That will attract top quality recruits.

It was a depressing week to be a Tiger. I hate that MD left the ACC. I hate the whole situation we have in the ACC. I hate that we lost another star player to the chronic. And I hate that because of it we may lose two winnable basketball games that will hurt our chances for the post-season.

All that said, I would not trade being a Clemson Tiger for anything. No loss to the coots, no young man making a mistake, no situation with our conference can change the fact that my blood runneth orange. I am wearing a Clemson shirt this morning and when we go out to get the tree later today I'll be wearing a Clemson hat. I am proud of my school and love the teams that represent it. Nothing changes that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well-done.

Dec 1, 2012, 10:30 AM

While never a big ACC fan, I'm saddened by what seems to be happening to the league and to college football in general with the breakup of regional conferences.

At one time at least, the ACC was a group of nearby southern schools with decent priorities. It was certainly never perfect, but I'm sad to see that go away. We now face the O'Hara:Wilkes dilemma concerning the direction of our program and our conference future. Either way, we will lose something good and important.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. And all because of money.

Dec 1, 2012, 10:32 AM

Call me crazy, but there are some things I still value more than money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2012, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Well-done. ]

Personally, I hope the ACC is picked clean like a roadkill carcass. It would bring me immense pleasure watching Clemson and FSU join the $EC and UNCheat and Puke get stuck in the Big East Revival Conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I could be pleased with the SEC, although I

Dec 1, 2012, 10:42 AM

still think we'll have lost something good and important. Sadly, it sounds like the SEC may be a long shot.

It's so crazy that this seems to be be driven solely by cable markets and not national viewership.

Re: I could be pleased with the SEC, although I

Dec 1, 2012, 11:35 AM

> still think we'll have lost something good and
> important. Sadly, it sounds like the SEC may be a
> long shot.
>
> It's so crazy that this seems to be be driven solely
> by cable markets and not national viewership.

When the dominoes begin to fall, I wouldn't rule anything out. You have to know each of the big four conferences have their Plans A, B and C. If the Big12 wanted, say, Clemson, FSU, Miami and Louisville (just to pick a random slate), if any one of them were to join a different conference it could mean they have to give up on all of them.

We might not be the $EC's first choice, but I could certainly imagine us landing there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 1, 2012, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Well-done. ]

Clemson FSU are going B12 when or if they do come out. I'm not sold the ACC will fold though. Unless it's a football only deal.

Re: Going to the Big XII would be like merely escaping

Dec 1, 2012, 1:16 PM

with our lives.

Going to the SEC would be like escaping with our lives and pride, but throwing away our integrity. We'd retain some of our character, though.

Staying in a depleted ACC - would be like deciding to die with pride and integrity intact, but totally out of touch with reality.

I don't like any of my options.

Re: Going to the Big XII would be like merely escaping

Dec 1, 2012, 10:50 AM

I personally wouldn't mind Clemson in the SEC. You guys beat us in recruiting all the time anyway. We would have to step it up a notch though but other than that I think it would do wonders for the rivalry. FSU in the SEC as well. Until someone like UNC or FSU/Clemson leaves the ACC it won't fold. I honestly think losing Maryland for Louisville was a good thing for the ACC.

silver lining?

Dec 1, 2012, 10:33 AM

There is none.

"ATL PAW MAN".....You da Man, and love your thinking! GoTiGs

Dec 1, 2012, 10:45 AM

Stand Up & FIGHT Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

APM..I appreciate your posititivity.

Dec 1, 2012, 11:56 AM

But you and reality aren't seeing eye to eye right now.

lol! I appreciate the other perspective too!

Dec 1, 2012, 12:05 PM

But I can't quit my Clemson Tigers. There's something in them hills...

Well said and with 52 years of attending I agree with you.

Dec 1, 2012, 12:13 PM

You need to get up here more often. I asuume you are in Atlants which is not a bad up and back. Keep wearing the ORANGE!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been on here a long time. Live in Virginia now.

Dec 1, 2012, 12:54 PM

Makes it harder to go to games. But we will do it more now that my children are old enough to enjoy it.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic