Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A wakeup call for folks here who think I'm the only one.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

A wakeup call for folks here who think I'm the only one.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:07 AM

"Half of voters in a new Hill-HarrisX poll approve of the job Donald Trump is doing as president.

Fifty percent of registered voters in a Dec. 30-Jan. 3 survey said they approve of Trump's job in the White House while another 50 percent disapprove...

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/532977-poll-50-percent-approve-of-trumps-job-as-president

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only we had a recent vote to test this theory***

Jan 8, 2021, 12:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey man, whatever makes you feel better.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:30 AM

This was a team loss, and you all played your role.

They need some help though in DC tonight. Recognize any of these 50 percenters?

https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/mpdc/publication/attachments/POIs%20of%20Interest_1.7.21.pdf

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey man, whatever makes you feel better.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:33 AM

Well, at the very least

Jan 8, 2021, 12:58 AM

he has already sacrificed his dignity and honor...

Re: A wakeup call for folks here who think I'm the only one.

Jan 8, 2021, 6:26 AM

You're not alone. Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung, Saddam Hussein... All had approval ratings of 90% or more. You're not the only one.

At the end of the day you have to look around and make a call. If you like race riots in cities all across the country by Antifa/BLM or you like Trump supporters rioting and trashing the Capital.... If you're cool with all of that happening.... Then yeah. Trump has done a good job. If you want a peaceful, prosperous, stable, financially solvent country, you may think he's done poorly. Has he brought us together? Are we more peaceful now? More stable? Secure? Some people aren't into that. Some people want chaos, fighting, instability, etc. The more Americans there are who are willing to win at all costs, the more this will happen.

No you're not alone at all. Quite the opposite. The trick is to keep people thinking they're important so you're accepting of the "all costs" part. That's the part where our founders tried mightily to remove that motivation. The presidents powers are checked. So no need to trash the halls of Congress.

Nope. Every four years we look around and make a call in the voting booth. Maybe it's a timing thing. But election years we all take a look around. If we like what we see we vote for an incumbent. If not we vote for someone else. Usually when we look around and don't like what we see, the other party wins. If we like what we see then we vote for the incumbent or the same party.

Do you like what you've seen lately? I'm sure you do. You're not alone. There were thousands who stormed Congress who liked doing that. They wanted to go do that. It was progress for them. Their leader told them to go March on Congress and fight. And they did just that. Again, some people like to see that fighting. Dems love to see it in the Antifa and BLM riots. And make no mistake.... A lot of Pubs loved seeing Congress ransacked. So Trump had made a lot of previously unhappy people happy.

But on the balance, America looked around and didn't like what we saw after 4 years of Trump, the grass wasn't any greener. It was less green after 4 years of Jimmy Carter (gas crisis and inflation) and after 4 years of GWB (housing collapse) . And it's just not Trump's time. We looked around and see riots and a pandemic being ignored by a President as now 4,000 Americans are dying each day from it. And a leader who handles problems by ignoring them. Or lying about them. So we move on. But yeah... There are probably 50% of Americans who would be fine living under a benevolent dictator. As long as the grass stays green. Dem and pub. Fascist, communist, doesn't matter the flavor. Those folks are fine with riots. There's trillions of dollars on the line (thanks 16th Amendment).

But I do find it interesting the most patriotic President we've had since Reagan used that patriotism to incite the storming of the Capital building. Reagan used it to win the cold war. To each his own I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic