Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 2,041

A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism

Jan 30, 2021, 8:13 PM

still exists in this country. Here's a little gem that you might want to check out.

Now i am not saying that all people are this racist. Nor am I saying that all policemen are racist. But how would YOU like to be black and live in THIS town.

I have to believe that this kind of thing exists more in places all across the country than we would like to admit. And I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to deal with it day in and day out. But it is un-American and it has to stop.

I am opposed to violent demonstrations and property damage, but perhaps we should at least admit that the protests may have a point.

https://www.wtvm.com/2021/01/29/hamilton-police-chief-patrolman-asked-resign-after-body-cam-black-lives-matter-protest-surfaces/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHEN ARE LAW BREAKERS Required to wear body cams?

Jan 30, 2021, 8:17 PM

So we can see when they do bad stuff?

You do realize...

Jan 31, 2021, 11:41 PM

Body cams also help protect police, right?

Right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You realize there is a double standard, right?

Jan 30, 2021, 8:22 PM

Police, etc have to wear technology to prove their innocence. Yes, some fail...

The bad guys hide in the shadows, get the benefit of the doubt...,

Re: You realize there is a double standard, right?

Jan 31, 2021, 3:29 PM

I think everyone realizes there's a double standard. As there should be. Police officers exist to ensure the safety of the people in this country. Part of that responsibility should be transparency from law enforcement.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism

Jan 30, 2021, 8:29 PM

wow, talk about a hot mike moment.

There is systematic racism in law enforcement and one simple reason is that cops target people that they know will plead down through the public defender and never see the inside of a courtroom. Cops hate court duty, judges and DA's hate it when people fight back. Generally, poor people and blacks do not, or can not afford to fight back minor offenses which serve in essence as tax revenue for the county. Cops just take the path of least resistance, which is why they do not pull over the Karens driving in Beamers.

This is from the mouth of a cop.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All cops? Or just a few?

Jan 30, 2021, 8:37 PM

Get your story straight....

Re: All cops? Or just a few?

Jan 30, 2021, 8:42 PM

obviously not all cops Bengaline. This was a state Maine state Trooper I randomly sat down next to at a bar.. He bought me a couple of shots before he told me he was in Law enforcement, at which point I got skeered to get in my car. But yeah, he said they target certain demographics so to speak, generally poor people.

you won't see a cop beating a guy that can afford to sue the department into the stone ages.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

So a Maine trooper is representative of all

Jan 30, 2021, 8:44 PM

You know better than post #### like that...??

lol

Jan 30, 2021, 8:45 PM

they are much friendlier up there, for sure.

I’m going up to Maine this summer, love it there

Jan 30, 2021, 8:48 PM

You know, Subarus and white people....??

Re: I’m going up to Maine this summer, love it there

Jan 30, 2021, 9:06 PM

It is a beautiful state, except for the time I blew a tire when it was 10 degrees and everything was coated in ice.

You're being pretty naive.

Feb 1, 2021, 7:38 AM [ in reply to So a Maine trooper is representative of all ]

Turn on COPS or Live PD and tell who they're going after all night long on their patrols.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Live PD got “ cancel cultured”

Feb 1, 2021, 9:11 AM

We’re not free to watch it anymore in America

Um, you can still go back and watch old episodes.***

Feb 1, 2021, 9:48 AM

Jan 30, 2021, 8:48 PM

I don’t like cops either, difference is, that I don’t break the law so that I don’t have to deal with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you do.

Feb 1, 2021, 7:48 AM

Every day you break the law. Do you drive at exactly the speed limit? Ever had a taillight out? Walked around with an open container?

Sure, those are piddly little misdemeanors. But plenty of black men have died for committing piddly misdemeanors. Plenty of white ones, too.

Hey, remember that little boy on the playground playing with a toy gun in Ohio? They shot him as soon as they pulled up?

A real law breaker.

Jan 30, 2021, 9:35 PM

Should not have been given the opportunity to resign

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2021, 1:44 AM

still exists in this country. Here's a little gem that you might want to check out.

Now i am not saying that all people are this racist. Nor am I saying that all policemen are racist. But how would YOU like to be black and live in THIS town.

I have to believe that this kind of thing exists more in places all across the country than we would like to admit. And I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to deal with it day in and day out. But it is un-American and it has to stop.

I am opposed to violent demonstrations and property damage, but perhaps we should at least admit that the protests may have a point.

https://www.wtvm.com/2021/01/29/hamilton-police-chief-patrolman-asked-resign-after-body-cam-black-lives-matter-protest-surfaces/

It’s downplayed because it is recognized on on side and not the other. When are you going to realize not every white guy is racist and every black individual is not innocent in being racist?

Jan 31, 2021, 7:40 AM

The most racist people I’ve ever come across is white people from Ohio and blacks in general.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jan 31, 2021, 3:32 PM

blacks in general

Maybe give that one another shot?

Jan 31, 2021, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

Leftists want to use racial discrimination to try to solve racial discrimination. This line of thinking sows racial division.

Message was edited by: p6fuller®

Jan 31, 2021, 8:53 AM

The left understands this. Racial division gives them power. Racial harmony would destroy the left.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:02 AM

I agree. In addition to that, racial division is a money maker for some.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

Touch,

Please read my post again. I went out of my way to say that not everyone is this racist. But some of you guys always defensively react to any suggestion of racism with this not everyone trope.

Jan 31, 2021, 10:51 PM

Touch,

Please read my post again. I went out of my way to say that not everyone is this racist. But some of you guys always defensively react to any suggestion of racism with this not everyone trope.

No one was saying racism doesn’t exist in this country. The problem is no one is willing to do anything about it on both sides. There will never be unity as long as one side thinks they are right all the time. There is no middle ground people on both sides teach their children to follow their beliefs. So I ask what are you supposed to do?

Reading comprehension can help.***

Feb 1, 2021, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

Tweedle Dee and tweedle dum

Jan 31, 2021, 6:24 AM

Stupid thing for them to say/do

Hamilton is a city in, and the county seat of Harris County, Georgia, United States. It is part of the Columbus, Georgia-Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,016 at the 2010 census, up from 307 at the 2000 census. As of 2018, the population had risen to an estimated 1,130.

I love how towns like this and St George, SC are county seats

Back to the topic at hand:
Dude’s actually still smoking real cigs, what else would you expect?!?!?!

Jan 31, 2021, 7:26 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/08/17/blm-mob-beat-white-man-unconscious-after-making-him-crash-truck/amp/

Jan 31, 2021, 8:23 AM

Yep! This one bodycam recording a stupid cop confirms it! Systemic racism is everywhere in the U.S. What a crummy country! You fools!

Jan 31, 2021, 8:29 AM

Completely agree. Individual racism exists. Systemic racism is nothing but a political weapon and lie.

Notice he hasn’t returned to defend his copy pasta crap

Jan 31, 2021, 9:08 AM

Tobias27772

Re: Notice he hasn’t returned to defend his copy pasta crap

Jan 31, 2021, 9:18 AM

bengal,

Your comments have all been so reflexive, defensive, and predictable that there really hasn't been any room for substantive conversation.

This is one example that happened to get caught on tape - and released to the public. How many police officers across the country have similar attitudes? How many other government officials ? How many business owners ?

The ONLY point I made in the OP was that perhaps these racial protests have a point. It is revealing how many of y'all reacted defensively to that suggestion.

You dropped a turd and didn’t hang around to debate!!!

Jan 31, 2021, 9:52 AM

Cops have to wear body cams, a few will be found guilty of dubious behavior. They have to protect their own lives in the process of doing their jobs.
LETS HAVE EVERYONE WEAR A BODYCAM! What is wrong with that?
Is there racism in this country? Yes, there is as well as in every country of the world. There always will be and you are foolish to deny that. A few bad cops does not mean they all are....

Re: You dropped a turd and didn’t hang around to debate!!!

Jan 31, 2021, 11:45 AM

Bengal,

Perhaps you are sensitive to turds because you are so fulloshitt.

1.Cops have to wear bodycams because we pay their salaries and give them authority to carry a gun around. Not so much with regular citizens.

2. By granting them this authority, we have the right (& the need) to hold them to a higher standard, especially when it comes to upholding their duties for the citizens (of any color) to protect and serve.

3. Racism is a problem - with all people - and everywhere. It is still WRONG and we need to work on it - which was the main point of the OP. I imagine it is easier for white people to deal with it in an academic fashion since we don't really have to deal with the negative consequences in our daily lives.

4. A few bad cops - First of all, I pointed this out in the OP "Now i am not saying that all people are this racist. Nor am I saying that all policemen are racist." So I don't know what you are defensively arguing with me about here.

This is a difficult issue to quantify, but I suspect that there are more than a few bad ones - and IK think this kind of cancer tends to spread across police departments unless actively challenged from the top down - again questionable.

5. Fair is fair. People have the right to be treated as human beings regardless of the color of their skin (or, for that matter, their gender, sexuality, preferences, etc. Some of our fellow human beings are being treated unfairly by government officials. That should concern us all

You infer that police racism is all over the place in the OP

Jan 31, 2021, 1:34 PM

You are the one that is turd heavy....

Re: You infer that police racism is all over the place in the OP

Jan 31, 2021, 5:28 PM

Begal,

I don't think you understand the difference between imply and infer.

What YOU inferred about my post is on you. I was NOT implying anything.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

What would it take to get you guys to change your minds on racism in America ??

Jan 31, 2021, 9:20 AM

I always found it interesting that so many immigrants would want to come to such a racist country.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:39 AM

Exactly. I’ll be glad to answer the question from Tobias. What it will take is for the left to stop screaming racist every time they want to silence us. We have been desensitized to the word racist that it no longer has any sting. It’s just a word the left throws around. Might as well call us a “poopy head”. It has about the same bite. It’s sad what the left has done to racism. It does still exist in some individuals. But the left has closed the conversation by its careless use of the word.

Jan 31, 2021, 11:30 AM

Tar,

I guess my question is - how do we reopen the conversation ?

Also, can we admit, at least intellectually, that the truth of the matter might exists somewhere between the right's perception of racism and the left's ??

Jan 31, 2021, 11:51 AM

Jan 31, 2021, 12:13 PM

T3,

I agree about some of the details in some of these events. I find that most people (on most issues) would rather jump to conclusions than wait a few days for the details to come to light.

OTOH, I think some on the right, downplay legitimate cases of police abuse of power - and plenty of other cases of racial prejudice in our society.

This seems to boil down to a place where we find ourselves often in our discussion of issues. BOTH sides need to resist categorizing & demonizing the other. And we BOTH need to practice talking with each other rather than at each other. This has gotten progressively worse over the last 10+ years and has been significantly exacerbated with the social isolation of Covid.

Perhaps when we can socialize more freely again, we can begin to have face-to-face conversations about our most significant problems and what we can do about them.

Have enjoy the conversation about such a hot button topic.

Jan 31, 2021, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

Racism can include systematic efforts by one group to control another or to lessen the other group's independence to control their own life. Calling someone a name is not racism, in contrast to what your progressive handlers want you to believe.

The democrat's unsaid objective is to indeed control the black community and to limit the black individuals ability to determine their own destiny.

They do this by claiming the plight of the blacks is due to the "other" side. Liberals and many blacks believe it. And, liberals claim the fix, the same claim they have made for 60+ years, is to give the black community "things" like money, welfare, food, phones, housing subsidies, etc. They have built a giant bureaucracy including thousands of federal employees and thousands of non-profit organizations being funded by the government (and paying democrat-voting employees outrageous salaries and donating, themselves, to democratic candidates). There is an entire industry in the business of keeping the blacks exactly where they are - dependent and block voting democrat.

As a result the black community will stay where it is. They will live in the most high-crime areas and they will be the poorest of the poor. The left will continue to drive division between them and the right. Instead of forcing individual responsibility and individual education, the left would rather lie to blacks and tell them they really don't need algebra and the SAT and ACT are made for white people to get into college. The left says if you don't embrace the black culture you are racist. That black culture says if you are smart and black, you are acting white and you are ostracized. That way the black culture, the culture of hoodies and thugs, the culture of gangs and drugs, the culture of rap and violence (esp. against women) is maintained.

Friends, the saddest part of this is, thanks to your democratic votes, you have just guaranteed the type of life the next generation of black children will have. You are keeping them down. You are keeping them in poverty. You are keeping them hostile towards whites. You are teaching them to be afraid of police, which will result in higher crime and more violence. Thanks to you, they will be more likely to be in a gang than to graduate high school.

I'm sure the rage the libs are feeling reading this will prevent them taking an objective look at where the real racism problem in this country lies.

Jan 31, 2021, 3:38 PM

So are is the black community in the predicament it's in today because of dependency on "things like like money, welfare, food, phones, housing subsidies, etc" or is it because of "black culture"? Some combination of both?

What sort of policy do you think would help alleviate some of the problems that you mention?

Feb 1, 2021, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

Reopening the “conversation” is what got us to this mess. We need to leave it alone. We are only opening old wounds suffered by previous generations. I can admit there are some racist individuals or pockets in America. But we need to just plow around them and move on. Racism does not need to be in the mainstream media, politics, or conversations every day. White or black just live your life and ignore the idiots.

Jan 31, 2021, 11:34 AM

So, while Tobias27772 believes he has found truth everyone with a southern accent is racists, I'll tell the truth about this video...

Does the video show/prove the cop is racist? No, and here is why. Anything beyond what he said that you infer is your opinion based on your life in your liberal echo chamber. You have a right to your opinion, even if formed from bad/incomplete information and incorrect conclusions.

The one cop says the N word, and uses it in a derogatory context. But, does he imply, because he certainly does not say it, he wishes ill on all blacks? Does he say all blacks are sub-human? Does he say any white people are always better than black people? Does he say all blacks are animals and should still be enslaved? No, No, No, No, No. So, maybe he is racist or maybe he is not. If referring to blacks with the N word is so horrible to you, then I'll stand by for your posts about rap music lyrics and casual language blacks use among themselves (and with whites) where the N word is said in every fcking sentence.

Can you even imagine what you do NOT know about this cop? Do you know how many times a black guy has pointed a gun at this cop? Do you know how many times this guy's life has been in danger because he is responding to the hood in the middle of the night to help an innocent black woman being beat up by her boyfriend? Do you know this guy goes to church and welcomes black people into the parish? Do you know this guy helps young black kids avoid getting involved in gangs? No, you don't know chit about this guy. But your CANCEL CULTURE tells you what needs to be done. We should JUDGE him to the maximum extent and hate him because he said the N word in a private conversation.

You people are so lily white and full of your self-virtue - pathetic.

You are so bent on canceling people, proving your virtue and putting it on display for all to see, you do not have time to understand what real problems are like Clinesmith being let off by a federal judge.

Jan 31, 2021, 12:05 PM

WOW !! NC,

You accuse me of unfairly grouping people and jumping to conclusions about them

And them you go off on a rant doing that EXACT thing to me and people on the left.

For the record, I do not hate this man, nor do I judge him as a human being. I DO, however, agree that his attitudes towards people of color should disqualify him from possessing police authority over his community.

Use of the N word to derogatorily refer to the people that you are supposed to protect and serve certainly brings into question your ability to do so fairly. And trying to put the slavery of human beings into a positive or contemporary light further illuminates this questionableness.

Any reasonable person would have these same questions. I doubt that the Mayor & City Council are particularly liberal and THEY responded to the video in much the same way that I have just outlined. I guess the question is why YOU have not ?

Finally, I don't think it is virtue-signaling to want our public servants to treat people fairly. In fact, it seems the least we can do.

Jan 31, 2021, 1:21 PM

Right, justify your conclusion by citing the fact they were fired.

They were fired because the people in charge are so afraid of the cancel culture they have to that to maintain their own jobs.

And, it worked. They got canceled and you are happy.

This is what you have created.

Jan 31, 2021, 3:40 PM

Ahhh a culture of responsibility in the organizations that exist to protect citizens, what have we done?!?

Jan 31, 2021, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

Nc,

You may be giving me a bit too much credit here - but thanks !

Good.

Feb 1, 2021, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

I'm glad they got canned, good and hard. Cancel the hell out of them.

Maybe it'll scare all the other little racists and you back into line. Emphasis on the word "little".

Feb 1, 2021, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: A number of y'all have downplayed the idea that racism ]

So, while Tobias27772 believes he has found truth everyone with a southern accent is racists, I'll tell the truth about this video...

Nowhere in his OP did he state anything like this. He, in fact, said it happens everywhere. I didn't bother reading the rest of your post because of this stupid line. It is hereby dismissed, and it can only be assumed you typed up pointless drivel after that.

You are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Ever notice how...

Feb 1, 2021, 7:36 AM

When you point out there still exists racial problems in America, and amongst some in our police forces, the same suspects come rushing into the thread to get angry, attack you, do a "but black people are violent!" kind of response, or fall all over themselves with a convoluted defense? You know, instead of addressing the problem?

Makes you wonder why that triggers em so much.

Replies: 53
| visibility 2,041
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic