Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is this board so confident for the Sugar Bowl?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Why is this board so confident for the Sugar Bowl?

Dec 23, 2020, 4:07 PM

I don’t understand. I’ve never seen this board so confident in a game, much less a playoff semifinal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is this board so confident for the Sugar Bowl?

Dec 23, 2020, 4:11 PM

We shouldnt be over-confident... OhSt has a great team capable of winning if we dont play our best.
However, I think most people view last years game as an almost pick'em game that we won.... and the general thought is that we are overall better than last year, and OhSt is not as good as last year.. particularly on defense... so when you do the math on that, you might expect a win.
Also, Dabo doesnt usually go to the mattresses on a team unless he knows he has their number.

Because God

Dec 23, 2020, 4:25 PM

hates oHIo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Dec 23, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is this board so confident for the Sugar Bowl? ]

We shouldnt be over-confident... OhSt has a great team capable of winning if we dont play our best.
However, I think most people view last years game as an almost pick'em game that we won.... and the general thought is that we are overall better than last year, and OhSt is not as good as last year.. particularly on defense... so when you do the math on that, you might expect a win.
Also, Dabo doesnt usually go to the mattresses on a team unless he knows he has their number.

OP - this sums up what I would say here. TigerFanClint did a good job of summarizing!

One specific example one can point to is their difficulty rushing the football in some of their earlier games! NW game was an anomaly - b/c the Wildcats wanted to drop 8 in coverage! Early on in the season there were some struggles for them in the run game ( by running backs ). Fields - much like Book - can kill you with his legs! And he was doing a bunch of that early on.
After the last two weeks and only spanning their yards over 6 games - they are now 6th in the country in rushing. Averaging over 200 yards a game.
Clemson doesn't have to drop 8 like NW - because we have dudes on the outside that can run like their WR's can run. NW didn't.
One thing I know w/o question - we will be the best team they have played all season! I don't think there is any doubt we have already seen a better team than them! If they played today - ND beats OSU. Book while not a better "talent" is a gamer and would cause the OSU defense problems! They showed in our game last year - they can be a bit undisciplined. That would kill them against Book!

OSU has a talented OL and DL - but they are not as experienced as that of ND! Again, I think ND is a better team!

Those are just a couple of the reasons! Of course, you play the game for a reason, so I won't guarantee anything! Just know that I would be shocked if we didn't play well and they control the game against us.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 4:15 PM

I don't understand this question. OSU only won 6 games this year. No great team in my lifetime failed to reach double digits in the win column.

Have you seen who our "opponent" is?

Dec 23, 2020, 4:19 PM

The nutnecklaces have never even beaten UofSuCk. Dey gonna get datass whooped on 1/1/21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

By a million???

Dec 23, 2020, 9:01 PM

Counting on it!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you seen who our "opponent" is?

Dec 23, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Have you seen who our "opponent" is? ]

This person knows who Clemson is playing because they are an osu fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 4:20 PM

We are gonna smash these #### talking nut necklace wearing boneheads.

No seriously could be a good game, but we are hitting our stride. We are in Championship phase, there on game 7. C’mon.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:22 PM

Agreed. Not sure how everyone is getting that Dabo is confident that we are that much better. Pride cometh before a fall. Not that it matters how confident the board is, but it will be a very challenging game which can go either way.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:32 PM

You're right, and it's going our way, 11-1 goodguys when the game clock expires!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve never worried less about anything in my life.***

Dec 23, 2020, 4:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 23, 2020, 4:27 PM

By golly because weeda Clemson Tigers! That's why!

It's because Clemson is playing Ohio State

Dec 23, 2020, 4:27 PM

There isn't another football program that Clemson fans have less fear of losing to than the Buckeyes.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's because Clemson is playing Ohio State

Dec 23, 2020, 4:33 PM

Yep, when you are 4-0 against the same team, why shouldn't we expect to win, 5-0!!!

A lot of folks are talking like we are playing crying Dave Doeren’s NC state?

Dec 23, 2020, 4:35 PM

OSU is by far the best team we have seen so far...they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs but they are really really good!

Except for Amari, I’d take every single one of OSU’s WR corps. Their rushing attack, because of their OL is slightly better than us as well.

Ryan Day is probably sandbagging playcalling wise and he is really good at scheming his players open. Trey Sermon is peaking at the right time.

I think we still win the game because BV is so masterful in coming up with innovative schemes but this game will be a war.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's #OrangeBritchesSZN

Dec 23, 2020, 4:41 PM

Ain't nothin to be worried about here. Clemson wins this one easily.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No way, I would take our team at every position.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:29 PM [ in reply to A lot of folks are talking like we are playing crying Dave Doeren’s NC state? ]

Even with the six game sample size, we could measure by game, and I bet our WRs would come out on top.

And the teams we have faced are better opponents too.

If we took our worst six games at the WR position, I bet we would still measure better.

To quote Moneyball:

"If he is such a great hitter, why can't he hit?"

Can't base things on projections, what we presume would happen. We have to rely on measurable statistics.

I think the Tigers will win. They were the better team last year (slightly so) and we found a way to win.

This year, we are the better team (there is a gap) and we will win by 10 to 14 points I suspect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

ND is better than OhCryO St. Straight up!

Dec 23, 2020, 11:55 PM [ in reply to A lot of folks are talking like we are playing crying Dave Doeren’s NC state? ]

Fields is not playing with confidence. It starts with him.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:36 PM

Three words: We too deep!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 11:13 PM

WE to deep is the dumbest things I hear each year. We have depth but not at linebacker, and O line. Our db's can't tackle worth a crap and our best one will have to sit the first half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confident in Clemson, but I am also nervous

Dec 23, 2020, 4:47 PM

about this game. After a loss to Clemson, Bobby Bowden said you can't beat someone forever. OSU can win this game. I hope out men do not get over confident and give them any Bulletin Board material. They have enough already, last year's game and being 0-4 vs. Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm confident in Clemson, but I am also nervous

Dec 23, 2020, 4:57 PM

The fan can talk the talk, but I'm sure that Dabo hasn't lost touch of how to keep his team humble, and knowing they will have to play their best game to win. Overconfident is the one thing those guy won't be. They will march into that stadium believing that they can't make mistakes, and that they have to match OcryO blow for blow!!! The last overconfident Clemson team that I personally saw, was when we played WV in the bowl game, and they got waxed on, and off the field!!!

Why is this board so confident for the xxxx xxxxl?

Dec 23, 2020, 4:49 PM

Board is overly confident for every game. Look back to pretty much every playoff game including Alabama v1.0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every single one of us on here should change our avatar to

Dec 23, 2020, 4:54 PM

what you are using.

That would be something expected of a TOP TWO WEBSITE in the ULTRAVERSE, if you ask me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Every single one of us on here should change our avatar to

Dec 23, 2020, 5:06 PM

It is a poll on elevenwarriors. Don't have to be logged in to vote. So go vote!

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/polls/2020/12/which-team-do-you-hate-more

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every single one of us on here should change our avatar to

Dec 23, 2020, 5:52 PM

They hate us more. I take it as a compliment! GoooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 23, 2020, 5:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 5:00 PM

I think Dabo trolled O310 St. with the jump pass to Galloway in the fourth quarter just to throw it out there for purposes of Cryin Day's nightmares.

gotta pad the stats for TL16 so he can win the heisman

Dec 23, 2020, 5:02 PM

so its a forgone conclusion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 5:05 PM

OSU is going to look like Michael Spinks when he got into the ring with Mike Tyson.

Venables will scheme to stop the run and then play Fields the same way he just played Ian Book -- mush rush, make him escape out of the back of the pocket.

Re: Okay You've Forced My Hand ---

Dec 23, 2020, 5:08 PM

Honestly I don't want to play them....because I'm getting quite tired of them and their thoughts of automatic entitlement. I get enough of that from these Bulldog fans down here.....but hey I live in their state...and when things are jumping here there is plenty to do from sun up to sun down. When it comes to Ohio St. they are really starting to annoy me because they really want you to know what they're thinking when I can already see what they are thinking.

In other words they're like an annoying person that you see at work and you know how it's going to go down before and after you spend 2 minutes with them or come within 10 ft. from them. You want to avoid them because you don't want to go through the spiraling annoying loops they are going to put you through just to try to get a simple accomplishment done cleanly.

Because of all this I am no way over confident about playing these guys.........however....because I know what we have to go through and whatever the result...I know how they will spin it.....I have to admit I want us to really kick their a×$ now and get this thing over with....though Ohio St. will spin it to some excuse they expect everyone to respect and accept.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:22 PM

Dude, just relax.

Trevor's got our back.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:30 PM

If you are being serious you should be embarrassed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 5:36 PM

How do you take them seriously? They played, what one time with a winning record. They won that game by seven points. They had to get permission and a rules change to get into their championship game. Their conference voted out a deserving team, with a record, so the state could play. The conference C hanged the conference covid rules once again to help the bucknuts. So why should we worry about them?

Dec 23, 2020, 6:22 PM

Did you watch the Indiana game order Northwestern game? Did you see clips and play Notre Dame? Do you still need to ask questions like this?

But to give you a serious answer. Ohio states not as good this year as they were last year. And their so-called experts on YouTube and the Internet will tell you that. They know they’re not as good this year. Clemson has a far better defense this year. Last year We had the youngest thinnest most inexperienced DL That we have had in over 10 years. Put the 2018 DL on the 2019 team And we beat LSU.

Our OL Was our weakness most of the year but they seem to be rounding into shape

The wide receivers are not quite as good obviously and we’re missing our three best wide receivers but this group has played really well this year and we have Travis ETN and Trevor Lawrence and one hell of a defense.

So we are better overall than last year and Ohio State is not as good as last year on defense or offense.

Dec 23, 2020, 6:23 PM

Because we're playing a team that we've never lost and they had to have their confernce change the rules for them to win a championship.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 23, 2020, 9:05 PM

i feel like they snuck up on us last year and gave us a ...i think we will be better prepared

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must not actually watch football games

Dec 23, 2020, 9:44 PM

Ocryo is horrid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 9:53 PM

I'm so certain we'll win, I probably won't even watch. Why bother? Done deal.

I'll probably just tune in January 11 for The Ship.

Dec 23, 2020, 10:59 PM

I am not confident. This is a pick em game. Let us not for forget our Tigers have much more holes year over year as well.

Both OSU and Tiger 2019 versions were better top to bottom. This was in part due to experience and some freakishly talented players with Simmons and Young.

Don’t turn the ball over and we should be in good shape.

Because we’ve never seen our coach so pissed off

Dec 23, 2020, 11:07 PM

And we have the two best QBs, the best RB, best DLine, on our squad

Where you been? Clemson gonna woop the bucknuts a z z!

Dec 23, 2020, 11:44 PM

Serious question to your questionable serious question. What do you see from the bucknuts, THIS YEAR, that has you doubting Dabo is going to send a clear message to Day on January 1? And that message is: "Clemson Left NO DOUBT We Are The Better Team!"

GO TIGERS!!!!

PS

Champions are always confident.

Hth

obviously, you haven’t spoken with me.

Dec 23, 2020, 11:51 PM

I am/was nervous about EVERY game. I was even nervous prior to the citadel game.

Dec 24, 2020, 12:01 AM

We can’t possibly under estimate their barebuckballed suckiness.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic