Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little perspective is in order here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,534

A little perspective is in order here...

Oct 8, 2017, 3:39 PM

Clemson football is in a place it’s never been before. We’re in a place now where the program just wins. Every time. And in whatever ways are necessary. Are we blowing teams out? No. Are we looking great in victory? Not always. But guess what...we don’t need to. We’ve played several different types of games this year, and every team we’ve played this year has been VERY different from the others. But what’s been the one consistent thing this season? Winning, and doing so in a way that Clemson controls the game from beginning to end. All 6 games this year have been like that.

We might not light up the scoreboard and beat every team by 50, but consider this...

1. Almost every scholarship player we have that is not injured or redshirting has seen SIGNIFICANT playing time in multiple games this season. No one else in college football is building experience and depth the way we are. We’re winning now, and building for the long haul.

2. Our team is generally healthy, due in part to the fact that our play affords Dabo the opportunity to pull the starters early. Are you listening, Bobby Petrino?

We do what we have to do to win, and then we move on to the next one. No gimmicks, nothing flashy, just get the job done. And don’t forget, we’re getting everybody’s very best shot each and every week, and we’re dispatching then one by one in very business-like fashion.

Would you really rather have it any other way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little perspective is in order here...

Oct 8, 2017, 3:41 PM

GREA POST!!

Nice post....***

Oct 8, 2017, 3:42 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS^^^***

Oct 8, 2017, 3:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: ^^^THIS^^^***

Oct 8, 2017, 3:51 PM

True

That 'target on the back' every game makes it that more impressive. Hopefully the pollsters will see how the Tigers operate and realize our approach to the game each week. Players are happy when they get to play. Dabo sees to that.

Oct 8, 2017, 3:58 PM

Excellent post! Does anyone know how many players we played yesterday?

Oct 8, 2017, 4:00 PM

very true. unfathomable success versus just a few years ago. I think most of us love Clemson so we want to see them crush everyone. I'm guilty of that but I ALWAYS appreciate a win. I went through almost all the games in person in 75 when we were supposed to be good and were not (2-9). I always enjoy a win

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't light up the scoreboard in every game because......

Oct 8, 2017, 4:22 PM

that's never been Dabo's way. He wants to win games comfortably but then let the backups get some playing time and let the starters rest. He's looking forward to the next game/season.

Plus, being old enough to have seen a few snoozer games and

Oct 8, 2017, 4:59 PM

nail-biting championships, NO game, even at the highest level, is perfect. The key is being good enough to overcome both your opponent AND your own mistakes. And we, for right now and hopefully far into the future, are there.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,534
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic