Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one who is worried there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Am I the only one who is worried there

Jan 12, 2021, 4:44 PM

Will be bloodshed if Trump is removed by the 25th or impeached?

I was hoping (and posted it last week) that he'd be removed but the more I think about it, leave it alone. Just a few more days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.

Jan 12, 2021, 4:47 PM

I'm concerned something will happen. I think this time, however, the National Guard will be ready to meet them. I already know members of SC Guard have been called up.

They also may not have time to assemble while Trump is still in power, thus Trump won't have any authority to assist them.

But yes, I have concerns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

If the Republicans led the effort it'd be less likely.***

Jan 12, 2021, 4:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Complete waste of time to impeach someone with 7 days

Jan 12, 2021, 4:54 PM

left in office.

Possibly the dumbest idea possible. Especially someone who is 74 years old.

he has no power

Jan 12, 2021, 4:58 PM

nobody is taking orders from him except the vegan with the horns

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send a message for the future.***

Jan 12, 2021, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Complete waste of time to impeach someone with 7 days ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Can't imagine that impeaching someone who's already done

Jan 12, 2021, 5:02 PM

would scare anyone.

Hopefully it will scare any future presidents...

Jan 12, 2021, 8:09 PM

Who happen to be on the same imbecile/authoritarian scale as Trump, or just any period when they don't win reelection.

The GOP is still in denial. Their inability to acknowledge

Jan 12, 2021, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Send a message for the future.*** ]

truth and get rid of Trump is why last Wednesday happened.

Too much enabling for far too long. They no longer respect the rule of law.

Time for some accountability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think if Trump was kicked out of office tomorrow

Jan 12, 2021, 5:07 PM

that you wouldn't have a massive protest/riot?

Yes. Trump will provoke his followers to violence no matter

Jan 12, 2021, 5:12 PM

what. We have all seen what Trump and his supporters are capable of.

Right, so if Biden wants the country to come together...

Jan 12, 2021, 5:15 PM

then he should avoid all of this mess and move on instead of continuing to harp on it.

Don't give it any more attention. Don't give Trump and his people any more ammo. Just ignore them.

Biden is not a member of the House or the Senate.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:20 PM

He's not involved in it.

Trump and his minions have to learn that it's not about "whatever you can get away with" and then threaten violence to make sure you or your guy does.

We are a nation of laws. Time to lay it down.

It's also important for the history books as Republicans have a history of trying to rewrite history to whitewash their actions and Trump and his enablers are proficient liars.

This time...

Jan 12, 2021, 8:10 PM [ in reply to You think if Trump was kicked out of office tomorrow ]

With a full and prepared National Guard to put it down.

The second impeachment will eliminate any future

Jan 12, 2021, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Complete waste of time to impeach someone with 7 days ]

federal position for Trump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be much better if he had an ounce of concern

Jan 12, 2021, 4:54 PM

for the country and just resigned.

I haven't been keeping up, but why would he resign when

Jan 12, 2021, 4:58 PM

he has 7 days left in office? And why would you impeach when he has 7 days left?

The only thing impeaching does is prevents him from running again, correct? He'll be 78 years old and even most republicans don't like the guy anymore.

Seems like a waste of time.

The senate won't even be able to start the trial

Jan 12, 2021, 5:01 PM

until after Biden is in office. Yet trying Trump after he is gone from office is more important to the Senate than confirming cabinet members or a myriad of other things that seem much more important after a change in leadership.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the exact same lack of common sense that everyone

Jan 12, 2021, 5:03 PM

was annoyed with in 2016 that led to Trump.

Literally on repeat.

A lack of common sense is why people voted for Trump.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:07 PM

Republicans need to accept responsibility for their voting choices.

Repeat after me "I am responsible for my vote. I am responsible for my vote."

Why do you think Trump wasn't re-elected?

Jan 12, 2021, 5:09 PM

Because a bunch of moderates realized that the guy wasn't who they thought he was and changed their vote in 2020.

A lot of people finally realized Trump was a scumbag.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:16 PM

and a lot of people who didn't vote in 2016 were either old enough or motivated enough to finally vote the fool out of office.

"I am responsible for MY vote."

Exactly. They voted him out. No reason to impeach him at

Jan 12, 2021, 5:17 PM

this point. Otherwise, you are only furthering the divide. It is pointless and divisive.

We've already explained why it is necessary.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:22 PM

No matter how much it upsets you and his supporters.

Not a trump supporter. Not very political because

Jan 12, 2021, 5:30 PM

these guys are idiots. If they were capable, they wouldn't be in politics.

They voted Trump out for the next 4 years. I was one of

Jan 12, 2021, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Exactly. They voted him out. No reason to impeach him at ]

them.

Re: A lack of common sense is why people voted for Trump.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:14 PM [ in reply to A lack of common sense is why people voted for Trump. ]

I am responsible for lower taxes, cheaper prescription drugs, lowest unemployment ever (across all demographics), UN paying their fair share, no new wars, massive retirement returns even with covid, withdrawing from absurd agreements (Iranian deal, Paris climate)...I am responsible.

Thank you president Trump!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lack of common sense is why people voted for Trump.

Jan 12, 2021, 10:01 PM

How did the deficit and National debt do under Trump? It's funny how conservatives have gone quiet on this issue while Trump was in the WH, but it was all the rage under Obama. I'm sure it will once again be their "concern" when Biden takes over. Funny how that works, eh?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impeachment prevents him from running again, and...

Jan 12, 2021, 5:08 PM [ in reply to I haven't been keeping up, but why would he resign when ]

loses him his presidential pension and money for travel (upwards of $1 Million dollars a year) if he is convicted and removed by the Senate.

Beyond that, it puts everyone in the historical record whether or not they support the actions the President incited and it sets a precedent that you can't incite a coup attempt and just get away with it simply because you're already close to leaving anyways.

He was already impeached once. That's on his record.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:11 PM

The guy is a moron, but why wouldn't you just ride this out for 1 more week instead of stirring up more potential trouble?

Because inciting a coup attempt is a pretty big deal?

Jan 12, 2021, 5:36 PM

you can't just "ride that out" and as I keep saying, the Republicans need to lead the effort to impeach and remove to help heal the country and to try and prevent stirring up more trouble. They need to isolate and remove the problem within their own party which is Trump and his crazy supporters. Otherwise, Trump and his base will continue to grow and think there are no consequences to their behavior.

Ignoring cancer doesn't cure cancer.

Per the Senate, this second impeachment prevents Trump

Jan 12, 2021, 6:26 PM [ in reply to He was already impeached once. That's on his record. ]

from running again.

He will be the first President to be impeached twice in US history.

really now

Jan 12, 2021, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Impeachment prevents him from running again, and... ]

Is there anyone stupid enough to think he would run again or that he cares about money? Instead of planning for covid lets impeach Trump even though we know it is a 100% waste of time. Instead of helping the next administration move forward lets impeach Trump again even though he is not in office, because there is nothing more pressing.

Plus, we promised that we would impeach him the day he was elected!

He also loses his retirement. McConnell is almost giddy

Jan 12, 2021, 6:28 PM

to get Trump out.

No man is above the law. It would actually help the GOP

move on from the failed Trump experiment if Trump were impeached and convicted and forbidden from holding future political office and perhaps convince them to return to being a party that can obey the rule of law.

His supporters are going to riot and kill people regardless.

Re: No man is above the law. It would actually help the GOP

Jan 12, 2021, 5:39 PM

I just spit out my coffee. This is rich.

Something that Mitch McConnell is telling his associates.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:43 PM

On this, Mitch and I agree.

and Now Liz Cheney. "Never been a greater betrayal of the

Jan 12, 2021, 5:55 PM

office of the president."

She will vote to impeach.

Trump appears to also be "concerned" about violence if he's

double peached.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1349040687015198720

Re: Am I the only one who is worried there

Jan 12, 2021, 5:10 PM

No. It will all be sorted out. In the end the results will be the same.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:21 PM

I am fine with a few skirmishes between right-wing militant groups and Law enforcement. Seems both parties have a lot of pent-up anger and possibly shooting at each other could release some of this rage, or at the very least, thin their numbers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fascists do not respect appeasement. It only emboldens them

Jan 12, 2021, 5:27 PM

further. If they take it the wrong way that's on them, as are the consequences of any further acts of violence or insurrection on their part.

Fascists only respect having their nuts crushed.

Also adding that an impeachment for this particular offense would imperil if not nullify any and all presidential pardons that may be issued by this POTUS in relation to that offense. I am not okay with potential pardons for those responsible for the more extreme elements of mayhem and violence last week.

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember Susan Collins saying Trump had learned his lesson

Jan 12, 2021, 5:29 PM

What a fool.

I hear she’s concerned... about the Iranians.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:32 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-sen-susan-collins-thought-capitol-siege-iranians-at-first-2021-1

Sounds like she has her finger on the pulse.***

Jan 12, 2021, 5:38 PM

It also...

Jan 12, 2021, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Fascists do not respect appeasement. It only emboldens them ]

Strips him of a lot of benefits later. Especially financially ones, and it's looking like he's really going to need those.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:04 PM

Let's take the angle that this "thing" is larger than Trump - that he is a symptom rather than the disease. How do we lance this boil so that it does not become gangrenous and threaten our existence ?

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic