Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A good friend passed away Sunday ... Clemson grad class of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 344

A good friend passed away Sunday ... Clemson grad class of

Dec 12, 2020, 6:58 PM

75 I believe. Die hard Tiger fan, drinking buddy, regular golfing buddy for a long stretch (Sunday morning tee time @ 7:00 for many years) had been a steadying influence on me since we met in 1982. Marriages, divorce, raising children, changing political scenes, career upheavals, etc., he was there. I moved on to craft beers at some point, but he was a tightwad and stuck with Budweiser (he was loyal that way). Man he could suck the bottom out of one of those long neck Buds. We did a lot of plotting and scheming over those beers, and solved most of the world's problems many times over. Most of that faded out over the last few years as we got older and our health would not allow so much, but our conversations continued. When he came to Clemson from Pennsylvania in 1970, he had never even been to South Carolina. Literally sight unseen, his parents dropped him off in Tigertown with a duffel bag. Except for holidays, he never returned to PA, and instead he fell in love with the area, and wound up making a home in Greenville. Now he rests in his eternal home above, free from the pain and misery of cancer.

I've had friends pass before, but this one has hit me particularly hard, and I'm not sure why. He should be here now to talk about next weeks game with Notre Dame and the ACC Championship, and the CFP. He'd be thrilled with what Brownell is doing with the basketball team. And there's so much we need to discuss about the election and Trump and Biden and yadda yadda yadda. And now I see that Charlie Pride has passed. Trebek, Connery, now Pride. It seems that the world I grew up in, the world that made sense to me, has been slowly disappearing and is now just about gone. Nothing wrong with new though, and often new is better, this old goat just has to suck it up and adapt! 2020 has been a beotch in so many ways. But alas, I still have T-Net for a place to vent and debate and question and laugh and learn. Thanks guys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Geez...that one really got me...

Dec 12, 2020, 7:04 PM

in the feels.

Sorry for your loss, sounds like he was a great friend.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 12, 2020, 7:05 PM

great memories are those that we grieve over and stick with us, but that is what makes them great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 344
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic