Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's

Dec 13, 2013, 3:54 PM

name is indeed in the top three if Saban leaves. Given Texas papers are saying the same for the Long Horns I think it is time for downers to acknowledge the fact that Dabo has become a respected national coach for many reasons...excitement, win totals and graduation rate just to name a quick few.

I am proud of what our wide receiver coach has made of himself and a program that was stagnant.

I think he loves it at Clemson. If money were an issue for him he would not have shared his raise with other coaches. I think he will stay right here and will grow this program even more! He deserves our respect and admiration.

Way to go Dabo. GoTigers! Crack some buckeyes!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: There are some who will NEVER acknowledge Dabo's

Dec 13, 2013, 3:57 PM

achievements or ability. It would be too much of a blow to their ego to admit they are wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are some who will NEVER acknowledge Dabo's

Dec 13, 2013, 4:03 PM

Dabo is great, but if it happened would we turn to Chad?

I would hope so!***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:36 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

They are really going to chit a brick when ...

Dec 13, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: There are some who will NEVER acknowledge Dabo's ]

Dabo gets a big contract extension and a fat raise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your "friend" is messing with you buddy***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:02 PM

^^^ found one.***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's get him.***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why go after this one?

Dec 13, 2013, 4:08 PM

There has to bigger fish than him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GWP's not on the bored right now***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:25 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Right, and he goes down so easily.***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:52 PM

Yup, and you don't even have to take him to dinner and movie***

Dec 14, 2013, 12:23 AM

This is the way real, 'logical'-logic works.

Dec 13, 2013, 4:07 PM [ in reply to ^^^ found one.*** ]

"I say it so it's logical. If I don't think of it, it hasn't been thought of yet. I can't be wrong because it's an example of pure logic. It's logical because I thought of it."

That's logical***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:27 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

That's the way it worked when you and I said we'd ...

Dec 13, 2013, 4:51 PM

move to the Big 12. It worked for me then and it's allgood now.

don't mess with fate***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:54 PM

Nope! He's not. He was serious and has nothing to

Dec 13, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Your "friend" is messing with you buddy*** ]

gain from messing with me.

Tiger/Terrier

Oh look, another #### with issues. So rare.***

Dec 13, 2013, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Your "friend" is messing with you buddy*** ]

Re: Your "friend" is messing with you buddy***

Dec 13, 2013, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Your "friend" is messing with you buddy*** ]

No he's not. I have friends in Alabama who love Dabo. What's not to love. He brings passion, energy and wins!

Obviously Alabama and Texas don't know

Dec 13, 2013, 4:05 PM

anything about football! Don't they know he's just a "cheerleader" and "can't win big games"!?!

I'd like to take a moment to complement you on your abs.***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I smell ice cream!***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Obviously Alabama and Texas don't know ]

I think that's the dippin dot I lost in my belly button.***

Dec 13, 2013, 5:00 PM

Bama would be interested if Saban left. Don't buy him as...

Dec 13, 2013, 4:15 PM

top candidate at Texas. Dabo's personality would never fit with the bluebloods of Texas.

Re: A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's

Dec 13, 2013, 4:17 PM

What school should not consider Dabo, if they need a new coach? He's proven yet young, and he's underpaid compared to coaches as successful. We need to what's necessary to keep him!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no we don't. We can't afford to spend money like a

Dec 13, 2013, 4:26 PM

drunk sailor. Heck let SC spend it that way.

Agree. Underpaid bigtime. His salary will take a big

Dec 13, 2013, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's ]

jump before spring practice.

Dec 13, 2013, 4:30 PM

Alabama fans would treat the hiring of Dabo as we treated hiring Ken Hatfield.

Dec 13, 2013, 4:40 PM

not hardly but nice try.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Undoubtedly you have no BAMA fans to talk to.***

Dec 14, 2013, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's ]

Well I've lived in Bama my whole life

Dec 13, 2013, 4:41 PM

And I can tell you most Alabama fans:
1. Dont know or care who he is, he's just another pumching nag for Saban Christ and the NFL caliber football team that has never lost a football game since it was invented because God sent Bear Bryant to earth and gave us football.

2. Hate his guts, think hes a joke and make fun of him and how pathetic they think Clemson is (along with every other team).

3. Lnow him and are very dissapointed in what he's done because despite his accomplishments they consider him to be a diserter for leaving Bama. They usually ignore his name when mentioned, these are the "classy" ones.

Plus, Clemson is his first HC job. Hes done a lot here and made some very impressive progress, but he is not at the level Alabama wants. He has a losing record against the coots and hasn't won a national title or been a heavy contender for long enough.

Dabo doesnt have the resume and most fans and alumni would be calling for the athletic directors head if Bama hired him.

Re: Well I've lived in Bama my whole life

Dec 13, 2013, 4:56 PM

I live in Alabama and have found that most Alabama fans love Dabo and certainly don't consider him a deserter. Auburn fans on the other hand do not like Dabo. Alabama fans may not have him at the top of their list should they need a coach, but they pull hard for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 2-1 against AU.

Dec 13, 2013, 4:59 PM

I think.

Re: He's 2-1 against AU.

Dec 13, 2013, 5:28 PM

That's true. They don't like him because he's an Alabama grad and then they really hated his comments after the 38-24 beating that ended their long unbeaten streak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry posted under wrong post.***

Dec 13, 2013, 10:28 PM

4-3***

Dec 13, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to He's 2-1 against AU. ]

Dec 13, 2013, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Well I've lived in Bama my whole life ]

In my experiences I have to disagree. We're talking about a fan base that celebrated and threw massive parties in Tuscaloosa and all across the state when they heard about Auburn's trees getting poisoned.

My son lives in Bama and I have some BAMA friends and

Dec 14, 2013, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Well I've lived in Bama my whole life ]

they feel exactly the same way. Never heard anything such as the other poster wrote.

Let me tell you how this works.

Dec 13, 2013, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Well I've lived in Bama my whole life ]

The loudest mouthed fans are those who lack any form of control. They are first to complain and last to be satisfied, if ever.

Dec 13, 2013, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Well I've lived in Bama my whole life ]

I am not doubting you since you live there and I do not. However, I read the rivals national board a good bit and I have seen multiple instances of bama fans touting dabo as a future candidate for their job. This has been talked about several times on their board long before the saban\texas rumors came out. So while I believe your account of how most bama fans feel, I know of a few who consider dabo a good candidate. I think they will go inhouse or possibly look at nfl guys with bama ties first but I do think they will see some plusses in dabo and he will at least be on the first list of possibilities. There are some reasons it would make sense. That being said, I think he loves clemson and will be there a while.

Two BCS bowls and a conference championship. One coach

Dec 13, 2013, 4:52 PM

And he does not live in Columbia

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2013, 5:04 PM

Your friend needs to be very careful of what he is smoking!

^ Another one!***

Dec 13, 2013, 5:04 PM

Dabo must have wanted the windshield cleaned while the

Dec 14, 2013, 12:10 AM

gas pumped.

Cardio-vascular surgeon in Atlanta. I don't think he smokes

Dec 13, 2013, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's ]

anything. I think you need to grow up.

Tiger/Terrier

Sad thing is, cootstripe777 is as grown as he's ever going

Dec 13, 2013, 6:36 PM

to be. He's a bit mentally stunted, if you will.

Re: Sad thing is, cootstripe777 is as grown as he's ever going

Dec 14, 2013, 11:19 AM

Hey Shane! I had a great Thanksgiving! I sure hope you did too! Ate lots of turkey with all of the nice trimmings; the best turkey (fried) I've ever eaten. Merry Christmas, my friend!

CUGradFan06 / cootstripe777....

Dec 13, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's ]

I S S U E S

Good riddance!!

Dec 13, 2013, 5:06 PM

I hope we get rid of the turd, if he is going to be such a traitor!!

Dec 13, 2013, 5:08 PM

I agree. If money was Dabo's motivator he would not have shared his raises. He is motivated by His spirit. I'm so proud of Dabo and how he and his staff have revived Clemson University to be a top notch program and university.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2013, 5:20 PM

Not hardly, because along with Dabo they would have to hire an offensive C.-(Asst. head coach) and a Defensive C.- (Asst. head coach.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think Bama would accept losing 5 in a row to Auburn?***

Dec 13, 2013, 5:22 PM

He's 2-1 against Auburn , move on***

Dec 13, 2013, 5:24 PM

Zing!! Right over his head!!!***

Dec 14, 2013, 12:12 AM

Re: Think Bama would accept losing 5 in a row to Auburn?***

Dec 13, 2013, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Think Bama would accept losing 5 in a row to Auburn?*** ]

they lost 6 in a row before Mike Shula was fired. That was the main reason he had to go

WRONG , his over all record plus losing to Bama

Dec 13, 2013, 5:30 PM

got him his job. Only 1 10 win season and the rest were 6-6. Don't let facts cloud you.

Re: Think Bama would accept losing 5 in a row to Auburn?***

Dec 13, 2013, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Think Bama would accept losing 5 in a row to Auburn?*** ]

after 5 losses, Shula was fired and they hired Saban, who lost to Auburn in his first year. So do we need to fire our Shula to get our Saban?

Losing to his Rival didn't get him fired.

Dec 13, 2013, 6:03 PM

4-9 in 03
6-6 in 04
10-2 in 05
6-6 in 06

Overall 26 -13 and an SEC record of 13-19 got him fired.

your friend ismistaken

Dec 13, 2013, 6:02 PM

Dabo ain't got no stinkin job offers and ain't gonna get no
job offers. Unless maybe from someone like East Murray State. cant wait for that one to come in

He is #1 on every list but chooses not to leave...Yep!

Dec 13, 2013, 6:32 PM

I think you're right that he's not going anywhere.

Any prediction on when he will grow our program into winning our division and beating our rival?

Heck they are gonna run Saban out of Town anyway!!!

Dec 13, 2013, 6:45 PM

Based on your logic of division titles. Saban didn't even make it to the SEC Title Game!!! I am never surprised at what some people write about Dabo. I just totally disagree with them thats all.

No, he made much more money by giving money to

Dec 13, 2013, 6:50 PM

his assistants. It was a smart business move. They made him a winner, which will make him rich. Someone is going to pay a lot of money for Mr. Swinney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He took a cut but the staff payroll is 3rd to Bama & LSU.***

Dec 13, 2013, 7:17 PM

Re: A friend who played at Bama in the mid 70's told me Dabo's***

Dec 14, 2013, 12:44 AM

people need to quit worrying over some fans

Dec 14, 2013, 12:35 PM

not pleased with Dabo. It doesn't matter if he wins 10 national championships there will be some that will have a beef with him. Thats just human nature. There are unknown numbers of Clemson fans and if I gave everyone of them $100 there will be a few that will still be unhappy with what I did. For his own good, Dabo needs to beat USC and soon. Whether you think that is good or bad or indifferent for Clemson.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic