Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A big thank-you to a fellow tigernet poster!
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

A big thank-you to a fellow tigernet poster!

Oct 23, 2011, 7:38 PM

A few years ago I was building a house for a client who picked out his tile from Lowes but it was a discontinued product that they had on sale. We bought all they had in Charleston. As we installed the tile we saw we were about 30 square feet short. We contacted lowes and they performed a store inventory search and the only place this tile was in stock was in Fayetteville,NC which is about 5 hours from here. I knew there was a tigernet poster who lived there. I did not know nor have I personally met this guy but I Tmailed him. I introduced myself and asked he would go to Lowes and pick up the tile and carry it to UPS to have it shipped to me. I told him I would pay for the tile and shipping in advance. As you may know it's not as easy as it sounds trying to pay for an item on the phone with a credit card at lowes. They wanted a fax signature from me, then the salesman I was dealing with was not there a few days later and it became a huge ordeal for lowes to perform a basic phone order. I told our fellow tigernet poster the trouble I was having and he told me not to worry about it. He would just buy the material himself and carry it to UPS and pay for all and for me just to send him a check when I got the delivery. I sent him a check that same day and the delivery came he said it would. The out of pocket expense for this tiger net poster was over $150.00. I have often though how generous it was for this perfect stranger to go out of his way to help a fellow tiger. It has been several years since he did this for me and while I have thanked him personally I thought it would be appropriate if I thanked him publicly since he also provides quality posts in here with his wit, humor and professional writing talents.

Again I thank you RevDodd for your generosity and trust that I would repay you and your willingness to help a perfect stranger!!

Message was edited by: Tiger Contractor®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic