Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Realist Wishlist for 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

A Realist Wishlist for 2016

Mar 28, 2015, 5:23 PM

As you all know, I'm not an expert by any means but I really enjoy following recruiting and seeing high school players develop into NFL superstars. Often times people on here post list of their wishlists and they'll put prospects who haven even thought twice about us and I just wanted put together a list of prospects who I think we'd be able to land and I expect to be Clemson Tigers.

Commits:
Tavien Feaster
Rahshaun Smith
TJ Chase
Cornell Powell
Jamie Skalski
JC Chalk
Zerrick Cooper
Sean Pollard

Targets:
Diondre Overton - It's time for our seems like our annual Clemson vs. Tennessee recruiting battle. Most of the work for Feaster was done in 2013/2014 and got him in 2015, lost out on Malone in 2014, lost Ryan Jenkins (what a mistake... I haven't heard anything from him since he decommitted) in 2013. It's really early in Overton's process after bursting on the scene and as of right now it's us and Vols. I'd expect the NC schools to turn up the heat soon but I still think we lead. He's tailor made for our offense, 6'5 and an athletic freak (check out his basketball videos on youtube, he's a pretty decent basketball prospect too). Definitely the next Martavis Bryant/Mike Williams type player. I also heard he's friends with Powell and that's good for us. Probably my man crush prospect of this cycle, last year it was Ray Ray and Deon, this time Overton and Rahshaun Smith.

Parker Boudreaux - 60+ offers and it really speaks for itself. We're leading but he definitely has his options. We've had success in Orlando last cycle with Garrett Williams and Israel. I definitely trust Scott and Dabo with this one especially with our recent success in OL recruiting. I'd really love to steal another from Florida.

John Simpson - It's time for our annual Clemson vs. USCjr instate offensive line recruiting battle. Last year we lost out on Bailey but won with Noah Green. The year before we lost out on Stanley from Latta. I'd REALLY love to steal a kid from the Lowcountry. He says we're leading his top 3 with South Carolina not included but I'm not counting them out until it's over. Hopefully we can reap in the blessings of 35-17 with instate. By the way Kinlaw from Goose Creek is a goner. Forget it. He's gone.

Tre Lamar - BIG LB. I don't know if he'd end up at DE like Register but he's definitely one we need. Not sure how many LB's we're taking with already having two in Rahshaun Smith and Skalski.

Nyles Pinckney - Plain and simple. A big time instate defensive lineman. Last year we got Huggins away from USCjr and UGA. During the 5 year streak, they out recruited us in the trenches, specifically instate. With 35-17 hopefully we can change the perception with prospects that we're not just a finesse team that throws the ball to high level wide receivers and show them that we can be tough in the trenches just as much as South Carolina.

Tobias Little - Might get a commitment soon. Decent prospect but if we're only taking 3 linebackers I'd much rather have Lamar. But he could be a developmental player down the road that comes on late like BJ Goodson has after he waited his turn.

Jordan Smith - I really like this kid, he's very underrated and we might have the lead. He's about 6'6 and from Georgia. He reminds me of LaSameul Davis from last cycle but taller and bigger and probably a better overall prospect. With that size coming off the edge... could develop into a big time player.

KJ Chamberlain - I really don't know much about the kid but 14 interceptions his junior season and he's from nearby Greenwood... I think if we offer we have the advantage. Last time I saw the staff is evaluating him and could develop into something. I'd like to have him especially if Denzel Johnson fails to qualify and since we didn't go after Rookard(:().

Saivon Smith - An LSU commit but I wouldn't count us out AT ALL. With both Rahshaun Smith and TJ Chase committed..... we have a shot. I think we're going to get an official visit and he could start from Day 1, especially since this is Mackensie Alexander's last year. Let Dabo and Scott work their magic... it could happen.

Obviously there are more that we might land but these are the ones I expect out of the 16-22 we may take.

Outside looking in:
Julian Rochester is SEC bound in my opinion. Antwuan Jackson may give us another visit but I don't expect him to sign with us. Somewhere in the SEC either USCjr, Auburn, Bama, or UGA. Trayvon Mullen gave us some hope earlier but he's either SEC bound or to FSU in my opinion. Rashan Gary is giving South Carolina a visit and I'm pretty jealous. He has family in SC but I think he stays up north. I saw a article that rivals did on a breakdown of the top 100 players on their site and when Dexter Lawrence came up, they expect him to come to Clemson. This really surprised me and I'm not sure how serious I can take that notion just yet. Good news though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Realist Wishlist for 2016

Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM

I love KJ Chamberlain the kid is a baller for emerald. He's a safety but I've seen him line up corner as well overlooked player in state.

Mar 28, 2015, 6:42 PM

You forgot Charles wily are number DE prospect and we lead.

Mar 29, 2015, 1:35 AM

Haven't really looked into his recruitment yet. Just ones off the top off the head. Thanks though.

Chaeles Wiley's bio & latest from Rochester

Mar 29, 2015, 2:05 AM

On Julian Rochester-

From Nike's The Opening- “Clemson - they are right there between Georgia and Auburn. I still have lots of family of there and I love Coach Dabo Swinney. He's that hype coach. I love it. And then you have Coach [Tony] Elliott, the running backs coach, and Coach [Brent] Venables. The defense was amazing this year. Why count them out? They put Grady Jarrett and Vic Beasley in the draft. It's unbelievable.”

Recently- Says Georgia and Auburn are recruiting him the hardest. "My chances of going pro, my chances of playing early, graduation rate, if they have my major and how big is that major at that school," Rochester said when asked what his deciding factors will be. Sports management is his intended major. "Plus how far is it from home. I love having my parents at the game." One school that is playing up that love of family is Clemson. Rochester's family is from the Greenville, S.C. area and the Tigers are working that angle heavily. This spring, Rochester is considering getting a visit in to Clemson along with what he considers "automatic" visits to Georgia and Auburn.

DE Charles Wiley 6'2.5 234 Stockbridge, GA Stockbridge HS

As a junior, Wiley recorded 54 tackles, 20 sacks, 17 tackles for loss, a pass deflection and blocked a punt. Ran an official 4.47 40. Per 24/7 composite, Wiley is the #11 WDE and 167 overall. He currently has offers from CU, UGA, Ole Miss, Aub, GT, NCSt, VT, Wake, ND, and most majors. Rivals ranks him as the #10 DE and 203 nationally. Wiley attended CU's junior day part two with his father. He chose to attend CU's jr day over Auburns. ESPN rates Wiley as the 16th best DE and 156th overall. Was named USATodayHSS athlete of the week after tallying 8 tackles and 4 sacks in his teams win over Woodland. Interview- http://usatodayhss.com/2014/team11-athlete-of-the-week-charles-wiley

Film- http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=5d35091e-428f-4be2-98de-02c8aa30f9bf

Article: Charles Wiley (AJC) Best defensive end: Charles Wiley, 6-2.5, 235, Stockbridge High School: This pick is going to surprise some people, considering the other elite players in the game at the same position. I first heard about Wiley from WSB’s Zach Klein, who had never before called to tell me about a kid. But he watched Wiley in the state playoffs, and was blown away. Everybody else is, too, after watching Wiley this week. He’s a high-motor player who make plays. In Tuesday’s game, he finished second on his team in tackles with 7, and had 3.5 tackles for losses. Even when he didn’t register a stat on a play, he was creating problems – forcing the quarterback out of the pocket or forcing running backs to go in a different direction.

Here’s 247sports.com’s Rusty Mansell “You know, you look at him. He’s the first guy you send off the bus with the way he’s built. He’s 6-foot-2.5 inches and 235 pounds. He’s barrel-chested. He has got big arms. He’s physically ready for college as a junior in high school. He has such a good motor. He just plays so hard. I think he’s a mix between Carl Lawson and Bryson Allen-Williams. Those guys play extremely fast and extremely hard. The question: Where does he fit in a defense? Is he going to be a 4-3 defensive end like Carl or is he going to stand up and play linebacker like Bryson did at South Carolina? Regardless of that, that guy is going to be a high-level recruit.”

More film- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2571674/highlights/174544375/v2

Interview after Jr Day- “It was a lot of fun. The coaches were real cool. The campus was really nice. I got a lot of 1-on-1 talk with coach (Marion) Hobby,” Wiley said. “I had a good time, me and my family had a great time.” On what stood out: “The family vibe from the coaches, how nice it was, it was really nice…really, it was the coaches though, the coaches gave me a good feeling at the school.” Wiley went into detail about what he heard from Hobby. “He was just talking to me about keeping my eyes open and always looking forward and always getting better,” Wiley said. “Everybody kept saying I reminded them of Vic Beasley.

A scout's take on Wiley- Charles Wiley is a guy I didn’t know much about coming into the Rising Seniors, but like most of the players on the defensive line, he had a great game. Wiley is listed at 6’3, 206 pounds, but he definitely looked much bigger.

Wiley did a great job using his speed to beat his man all night. He wreaked havoc in the backfield. He is a guy who was always hustling. He made multiple tackles completely on the other side of the field from where he lined up.

Wiley showed passion and leadership. He also made a couple of momentum-changing sacks for Team Dedication. If a Team Commitment QB dropped back to pass, Wiley found a way to get some pressure. It seemed like almost every possession Wiley made a play in the backfield, either getting a sack or blowing up the run. We heard his name called all night, and I believe he really did himself some good.
After an eye opening performance Friday night, I expect Wiley to real in more and more offers until Signing Day 2016. It was a very impressive performance.

http://georgia.scout.com/story/1501416-what-i-learned-watching-charles-wiley

Film- http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12369045

Speed kills- "My strength is my speed, you're never going to see a defensive end as fast as me," Wiley said. "I'll beat you off the line every time."

That's quite the claim for any prospect.

"As you can tell, confidence isn't something I'm lacking," Wiley adds.

But Wiley's coach at Stockbridge, Kevin Whitley, says Wiley can get away with such boastfulness because he really is that fast on the field.

"Last May, we were headed to this combine, you know we took our 15 or 20 best guys," Whitley remembers. "There were obstacle courses, drills, so I had my running backs ready to run the 40 (yard dash), and Charles volunteers."

That prompted some incredulity from Whitley, even with his firsthand experience with Wiley's speed.
"I just say 'Charles, there's no way you'll beat all them,'" Whitley said.

"And sure enough, Charles ran the fastest in the whole daggone race, he ran a 4.4."

http://www.thekeyplay.com/virginia-tech-football-recruiting/2015/01/8517/hokies-football-recruiting-torrian-gray-chases

From Nike's 2015 The Opening- “Clemson’s coaches, they are real and they don’t hold anything back. Whatever they say is the truth and that is really the big deal with recruiting for me. They can play for a national championship.”

Mar 28, 2015, 7:09 PM

Of the "Outside looking in" prospects you listed, I could best see us getting Julian Rochester because of his tendency to sway to put schools as his favorite after a good visit and nobody does visits better than Clemson. He did this with FSU, Auburn, and now Georgia. Also to add to this he seems to really like Dabo and Venables and has family up in Greenwood. The biggest thing is just getting him to visit.

Mar 29, 2015, 1:35 AM

I hope I'm wrong but he's SEC bound in my opinion.

Mar 29, 2015, 5:48 AM

We are getting a visit from Gary as well so no need to be jealous.

Mar 29, 2015, 2:50 PM

GREAT! Do you know where his family in SC lives? QuackingTiger on twitter said close to Clemson, so in the Upstate maybe?

Mar 29, 2015, 2:53 PM

I think his uncle lives somewhere very close to greenville I thought btw gville and Clemson.

Personally I don't see Gary coming to Clemson but I'd love to be wrong. Just think we're more likely to land one of the

Mar 29, 2015, 2:54 PM

Other DTs

I completely agree

Mar 29, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: A Realist Wishlist for 2016 ]

I'd love to be wrong about Gary but I just don't see it. But last cycle I said the same thing about Wilkins, I thought he just gave us an official to be nice, but it turns out all he needed was that one visit. Everyone was sure he was going to Penn State, Boston College, or Ohio State, and it turns out the kid wanted to be a Clemson Tiger! With family in the area hopefully we can snag another beast from up north.

Mar 29, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: A Realist Wishlist for 2016 ]

Anderson

Mar 29, 2015, 7:43 AM

Yeah I think Gray's dad lives in the Clemson area. He is coming down to see Clemson but usc has talked him into seeing them while he is down. They have been doing that a lot lately. Clemson does the work to get the kid down and they say while your here come visit us too.

I want Wiley, Gary, an an elite DB with length

Mar 29, 2015, 9:44 AM

Wiley looks like Beasley without any pass rushing moves yet. Hobby would turn him into a stud with all the speed and athletic ability he has. Gary is my favorite player out there. Physical freak already. If he works hard, Brooks would make him a No#1 overall NFL draft pick. He and Wilkins would potential be like McGlockton and Hammond in the early 90's. No one would want anything to do with us up the middle. I wouldn't mind us finding a hidden gem @ DB like Cain was at WR prior to last year. Nobody really knew he was an elite talent until he committed to us.

Not that big on Rochester personally.

Re: I want Wiley, Gary, an an elite DB with length

Mar 29, 2015, 11:01 AM

I like Felder him kid looks like a baller in the secondary and looks to be overlooked. Interested to see how he does at the Washington Nike camp.

Mar 29, 2015, 2:56 PM

I get the vibe from him that he's ours IF we want him. I think we're taking only 1 CB this and Savion Smith is the big fish we want and since we're getting an official from him this could be a process that goes well into the season. I have a funny feeling about him though, especially with Rahshaun on board with Chase...

Mar 29, 2015, 3:19 PM

Personally i think we will take more than one DB and I say that because I don't think Alexander and Kearse will stick around IF they have the yr that they are expected to. I know the staff loves 2 DBs and that is Smith as Robinson. I'd like to bring in Felder to kid looks like he'd be the real deal in a few yrs

Mar 29, 2015, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: A Realist Wishlist for 2016 ]

wow this information is just so wrong on so many levels, first it is rashan gary's uncle who lives down here not his father, second he is coming down here to visit family, while he is here he is going to take a look at the area and some schools. please don't read anything into his visits to schools down here as this will be his first visit to the south.

All it took was 1 visit for Wilkins

Mar 29, 2015, 3:24 PM

He said he knew right away. We have a knack for making strong first impressions on these guys from up North.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic