Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Pro ACC, Anti B-12 Guys View On The "BOT" Results...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

A Pro ACC, Anti B-12 Guys View On The "BOT" Results...

May 24, 2012, 11:57 PM

To be objective, the "BOT" is leaving the door open. As stated elsewhere, they could have said we are happy and we are not leaving despite what the TigerNet peanut gallery thinks.

I believe thay would RATHER stay in the ACC, but if an offer was made that they could not refuse ...

Really, until a final decision on what the "playoff" will look like is made, no decision can be made. You have to know "whats what".

If the "lipstick on a pig" 4 team playoff model is adopted, big incentive to move... if another model is adopted where more then 4 teams can go to the payoffs, then there is less incentive to move. I believe the push will be for an 8 team playoff with automatic bids to
the ACC, B10, B12, BE, P12, SEC and 2 wildcards for "others".

Message was edited by: hooters®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is over with. Nails in the coffin.***

May 25, 2012, 12:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We thought the same about the XII last year.

May 25, 2012, 9:37 AM

While I long to get out of the ACC, I wouldn't write the eulogy just yet. Not sure where the boost will come from, but it isn't over until it's over.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Pro ACC, Anti B-12 Guys View On The "BOT" Results...

May 25, 2012, 12:22 AM

Fro what I have been reading about the BCS discussions is that there is NO model being discussed that involves more than 4 teams.

I think most of college football fans would agree that a 4 team model is better than what we had before but still not quite what we all want. But until they do go to 8 teams (Im thinking, 5-10 years in the "plus one" model) then it is an academic discussion.

There will be only 4 teams in this "reorganization".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they will prob do the 4 game model...

May 25, 2012, 12:32 AM

for a while to test the waters

I doubt the 4-team model...

May 25, 2012, 12:37 AM

lasts more than 4 or 5 years. Most likely it will go to 8 pretty quickly.

i agree with you on it will go to 8..

May 25, 2012, 12:42 AM

but they will go with 4 for a few years to see how it pans out.once they see that only four conferences are getting teams in every year they will be forced to move it up

$128,000,000.

May 25, 2012, 12:33 AM

That's the difference in TV revenue between us and our fiends in Columbia over the next 16 years, the length of our newly-inked TV deal.

Anyone wanting to stay in the ACC is a fool.

$128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!!

May 25, 2012, 12:41 AM

Then, THE POX on the ACC!!!! Lets join the SEC then!!!! Heck of a lot closer then those B-12 schools! Have you all ever been out to where most of the B-12 schools are?. Only decent place really, is Austin, Texas....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stationed at Ft Sill...

May 25, 2012, 12:50 AM

Norman is nice, I've heard lots of good things about Stillwater...should be going there this football season....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC contract - 17M/school. SEC - rumored to be

May 25, 2012, 1:03 AM [ in reply to $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!! ]

25M-30M/school after renegotiation.

Let's take that on the low side - $25M. That's a difference of 8M/year.

8M/year * 16 years = $128,000,000. Think about that for a minute.

And I get your smartass comment about joining the SEC - truthfully, I'd love to, but they won't take us. And as to that, most SEC towns suck, too.

So where does that leave us? Continue to let USC run laps around us, or go where we can make more money.

What rumors? I read that they won't make much

May 25, 2012, 8:23 AM

more because ESPN doesn't see any additional value in Mizzou and A&M.

null

Re: What rumors? I read that they won't make much

May 25, 2012, 8:29 AM

Wookie, you did not read that

You read WRONG.

May 25, 2012, 8:30 AM [ in reply to What rumors? I read that they won't make much ]

That was CBS; and that is their bargaining tool to get the SEC to go to 9 conference games.

The "SEC Network" that the SEC will go to, in partnership with ESPN, is where the value of Texas A&M and Missouri comes in.

Thanks Neilly. You are correct.

May 25, 2012, 9:29 AM

I found the story I had read previously:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/5/21/3034235/sec-network-expansion-money-realignment

It was CBS ("Tier 1") that they were referring to, and finished with:

"Still, this doesn't mean ESPN won't pay more, and it doesn't mean a SEC Network won't do very well."

null

It says so right here on the internet. It MUST be true! ps

May 25, 2012, 5:40 AM [ in reply to $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!! ]

You haven't traveled much have you?

Didn't realize we had to live there..besides, they are nice

May 25, 2012, 6:14 AM [ in reply to $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!! ]

places. Who are you to decide "decent places"?

Re: $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!!

May 25, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!! ]

The SEC door isnt open.

null

May 25, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!! ]

We can't go where we are not wanted!!!...u dont seem to understand that the SEC DOES NOT WANT US!!!!!

May 25, 2012, 8:30 AM [ in reply to $128,000,000!!!!! Really!!!! Are You Sure????!!!!! ]

Have u ever been to Fort Worth?.....awesome city, u need to get out more HOOT

Even under your hopeful eventual 8 team playoff...

May 25, 2012, 6:24 AM

Neither the BE or the weakened ACC (with FSU +1 and VT gone)is getting an automatic bid. It will be PAC B12 B10 and SEC plus 4 wildcards.

enough w your playoff argument.. the driving force here is

May 25, 2012, 8:12 AM

the money. FSU and CU and other teams realize that it can be a 16 team playoff and unless you are on equal footing financially, you will not do well once you are on that stage.

Re: A Pro ACC, Anti B-12 Guys View On The "BOT" Results...

May 25, 2012, 8:25 AM

I found a pic of the OP...

null

Either you're a coot or a fool or both. The $ differential

May 25, 2012, 8:29 AM

for NOT leaving puts us at such a disadvantage, not to mention being left out of the BCS playoff system, leads me to believe that only someone with an anti Clemson agenda would want to stay in the ACC.

exaclty, like a Gt fan***

May 25, 2012, 8:32 AM

I am very PRO Clemson. .....

May 25, 2012, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Either you're a coot or a fool or both. The $ differential ]

and that is where the disconnect is .... to many of my TigerNet brethren, Clemson is the Football Team, to me, Clemson is the SCHOOL. The Football Team is just part of the school. The Football Team exists BECAUSE of the School, not the other way around. If the Football Team were to go way tomorrow, the School would still exist.... If Clemson the School would shut down, well, I guess the Team go contunie on as a semi-pro Team funded by bake sales and car washes. It is, IMHO, that Clemson stay affiliated with ACC Schools... and continue to be known as one of the better ACADEMIC public Universities in the Nation.

Re: I am very PRO Clemson. .....

May 25, 2012, 10:23 AM

Your argument makes no sense. UT's affiliation with the Big XII hasn't negatively impacted its academic standing. What you're really saying is that you want a watered-down version of Clemson football, you probably like the woo-hoo, right?

No, my favorite is: C.L.E.M.S.O @@@@ N ! and

May 25, 2012, 10:32 AM

LOVE IT when they play the opening bars to "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC on kickoffs ... Sincerely wish thye would play MORE R&R.... I am old school, playing some RAMONES would be cool too "HEY HO, LETS GO"! ("blitzkrieg bop" from the Ramones first self titled album) I digress......

May 25, 2012, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I am very PRO Clemson. ..... ]

So you probably believe that if Harvard were to leave the Ivy league and join the Big 12 their Academic's would drop.

null

Yes, if Harvard where to join the B-12 ....

May 25, 2012, 10:37 AM

that means Harvard is no longer Harvard. Harvard treats Football as a "nice to have".... thier endowment I believe, is the largest in the Nation. You know, there is LOTS of press out there about how big time College Football has gotten Waaaaay out of hand.

Re: Yes, if Harvard where to join the B-12 ....

May 25, 2012, 10:50 AM

Wow just wow and we are done. It is obvious you have an extreme disconnect from the rest of the world.

Harvard would still have some of the worlds best professors. They would still have some of the best students. They would still be home to a ton of research. To think otherwise shows you are living in a different reality.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I am very PRO Clemson. ..... ]

Rice and Tulane in Conference USA don't seem to be hurting academically by associating with the likes of Tulsa and Memphis and Houston.

May 25, 2012, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I am very PRO Clemson. ..... ]

no one is gonna pay $65 too watch Johnny take a biology test

I would love to pay $65 ....

May 25, 2012, 10:57 AM

I pay well over 100, 200 a tcket to see a game (stubhub). If I am going to a game, I want good seats, not in the seats where they look like little ants running around ...

I agree with you on a push for an 8 team playoff.

May 25, 2012, 9:36 AM

If that were to happen, it would at least be one of 3 factors we would need to happen for us to stay in the ACC. The other 2 would be financial concessions from the ACC (bigger share of the football pie), and going back to the 8 game conference schedule. Without these 3 things happening, I see no way we stay in the ACC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic