Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Free Gift Every Morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,352

A Free Gift Every Morning

Apr 15, 2019, 3:41 PM

Every day is a gift. It is the here and now. Tomorrow is no guarantee. Each morning when we awaken, there is an invisible gift for us to open, as if it is Christmas morning, There is an invisible wrapping which we must apply. Our attitude and gratitude, as we greet the new day, can apply the most beautiful wrapping known to man or we can wrap that gift box with some drab color. The choice is ours.

When we gaze into that invisible box we will not find visible gifts but what we do find will be a multitude of opportunities, opportunities that have the possibility to change our life and the life of others for the remainder of our life. When we arise and gaze into the mirror, the image we see is not invisible, that is you and me. From that point on, everything we do or say defines our character for that day.

We sometimes tend to believe the things we do or want to do should be of epic proportions. But it is the simple things we do, sometimes out of habit and at other times preplanned, that shape our day and also that of others. It can be a simple smile when we greet our family members at the breakfast table and it can be our we react with our family members. We stop for a donut and cup of coffee on our way to work. Rather than assuming the person taking our order is a robot, A friendly smile and a warm "Good Morning" will do wonders for both. Showing respect for all people is one of the traits that defines our true character.

Allow me to share a story that occurred many years ago that illustrates how a simple act can make an impact on someone. The husband of a young couple in our church suffered a serious stroke and was confined for a long stay in a hospital in Charleston and a further long stay in a rehab facility. Friends provided transportation and other assistance during this difficult experience. When she was able to attend church I would always ask her about her husband. She seemed to be at ease when discussing his progress and, at times. lack of progress.

One Sunday, as I was leaving the church, she approached me and asked if she could talk with me a few minutes. Naturally, I said "yes" and then she began to cry. I put my arm around her and after a few moments she was able to talk in a halting voice. And what she said opened my eyes and my heart. "Mr. C....., you are one of the people who have always asked me about my husband. You will never know how much I have appreciated your asking about him. Thank you with all my heart. I love you".

I learned an important lesson that day. The opportunities we find in that invisible box are the gifts we can pass on to others. And that gift can be as simple as caring and sharing with others, a compliment, a warm handshake, a pat on the back, a warm and friendly smile, a thank you or many other simple gifts that we should share.

At the end of the day, there will not be a written test nor do we appear before a group of our peers to hear our case. Nor will there be boxes on a sheet of paper we must check to respond to written questions. When we again face that image in the mirror, we see the only one accountable for our actions. We can ask ourselves one question, "did I share my gifts today"?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Free Gift Every Morning

Apr 15, 2019, 3:57 PM

Thank you Mr Joe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

Joe you literally seem to teach us a lesson almost every day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 4:00 PM

Here! Here!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 4:39 PM

Your post o nthis date is a blessing. I think every CU Tiger should have an opportunity to ponder your story. For that matter, every person on our planet should read & practice it. A genuine offer of human care and kindness can change this cruel world. "The Golden Rule" does offer us a chance to make a real difference. Thanks, Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 4:46 PM

Thank you for the beautiful gift

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

JOE..it’s a high honor & priviledge to have a distinguished person as you are on TN

Apr 15, 2019, 5:46 PM

and I, and surely as all others here, appreciate all the time & effort you take out of your busy daily life to graciously share your feelings, beliefs, memories in story form on subject matters that only you have witnessed & lived through from the 1920’s til today!

Saying..Thanks & Go TiGER!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Joe, your stories are amazing and your

Apr 15, 2019, 9:00 PM

words are always a blessing!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 7:25 AM

Thank you Mr. Joe. I saved your post in my document file so I can find & reread it often!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,352
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic