Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Drywall Anecdote, that I like to call "Don't Use Organic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 403

A Drywall Anecdote, that I like to call "Don't Use Organic

Mar 2, 2021, 12:31 PM

Stuff To Patch Holes In The Wall".

Once upon a time at Clemson, we spent a few years living on the top floor of the 600 building in University Place. We never locked the doors, not even over Christmas break, which, in hindsight, was pretty stupid. Never had anything stolen, remarkably. Every time any of us would come back from class, it was a crapshoot whether there would be a non-resident hanging out in our living room on a Tuesday afternoon drinking our beer and waiting for somebody to get home to play Mortal Kombat on the 13" combo TV/VCR.

One evening got a bit rowdy in 631 University Place, and a moshpit erupted. We managed a solid 3 minutes of nothing being broken, until I got shoved mid-jump into the hallway wall. My hip and right asscheek put a sizeable hole into said hallway wall, probably 8" in diameter.

We looked at that hole for weeks. Even nicknamed it "19B's Asshole", since technically, it was a hole created by a buttock. I finally got around to picking up a bucket of spackle at ACE, and was about to get down to the business of slopping it into an asshole, but turns out, the bucket contained a thick, wet soup. An attempt to put this soup into a hole would have yielded a runny mess down the wall. What we need here is a thickening agent. You know what will probably work? Flour. Got some right here in the kitchen.

Mixed flour into the soup and thickened it right up. Spackled the 8" hole without the assistance of a pinecone, because why would I put a gatdam pinecone in my wall? Worked like a charm, we'll get to painting it later when it comes time to move out, or not.

Few weeks later, the asshole starts taking on a yellowish-greenish hue. What's all this now? Over the next week or two, it turned into pure mold. I don't remember for sure, but I feel like we left it because the landlord was a total POS who still owes me my $175 deposit 25 years later. Plus interest.

Moral of the story: don't include organic materials in your drywall repair work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice. I NOA guy who had a dartboard on the back of his dorm

Mar 2, 2021, 12:46 PM

room door - which was wood. By end of the year, that thing was full of holes.

At checkout, a couple hours prior to inspection, he spackled those holes with peanut butter.

Full deposit back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

19BCoachSC®?***

Mar 2, 2021, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we are bizarro alter egos.....

Mar 2, 2021, 1:18 PM

You lived in a respectable place like University Place and had a 13" TV.

I lived in a sheethole like Goldenwoods and had a 45" rear projection TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeebus, 45" of TV in the 90s?

Mar 2, 2021, 1:22 PM

I'll put the dry weight on that at around 290, requiring 3 college upperclassmen and a dolly per move.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's about right for my roommates old Wega XBR

Mar 2, 2021, 1:26 PM

tube TV, but that came later---backbreakingly heavy though.

This one I'm talking about was the old kind with the wood cabinet and the three projector lamps in the back....probably 75 pounds---hand me down from a roommate's Dad. It had soooooooooo much burn-in on the lamps from video games being paused.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 403
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic