Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Coot Paradox
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,214

A Coot Paradox

Oct 19, 2019, 7:18 PM

Their entire identity and self worth is based on being included in the SEC. As usual even this inclusion was embarrassing as they were University of Second Choice even for the SEC after FSU turned them down.

Nevertheless, this conference affiliation means so much to them and provides them with a conduit to indirectly compete for championships as they cheer for Bama, etc. And of course, they enjoy cashing their welfare checks, allowing them to plant a few trees around their stadium.

However, when they are confronted with poor officiating, they end up criticizing the very thing which matters the most to them - papa SEC. This must be the deepest cut of all - to understand that you are meaningless to the one you love the most. Favored children, charter members with tradition, get all the breaks and you must either admit this and bite the hand that feeds you, or silently swallow your pride and just be content with the welfare check.

“ The art of our necessities is strange
That can make vile things precious.”
? William Shakespeare, King Lear

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said

Oct 19, 2019, 7:33 PM

And I'd be willing to wager that the SEC would also like to end the marriage to the coots.

How many years of listening to one of your own yelling about their chi-KENitalia can the conference take?

Re: Eloquent analysis but......

Oct 19, 2019, 7:57 PM

my thoughts are fairly simply: Skrew them. Forever.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

True Dat.

Oct 19, 2019, 8:00 PM

And hilarious.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic