Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"A Clemson player had covid symptoms this week but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,797

"A Clemson player had covid symptoms this week but

Nov 21, 2020, 10:24 AM

repeatedly tested negative. A third party test was performed and came back positive this morning. We have followed all ACC Covid protocols and were ready to play. The Florida State medical staff, however, in light of the 3rd party test, was not comfortable playing today, so the game has been postponed. We apologize to both Clemson and FSU fans who have travelled and were otherwise looking forward to today's game, but in these unusual times, the safety of our student athletes and coaches must be top priority. This game will be rescheduled at a future date in December."

Now, if that's the story, if that's what happened, why not just say it, wrap it up and be done with it? Why the smokescreen? Why leave it open to anger and speculation? There are no legal implications, nothing disrespectful or insinuating in that, it's just a simple, direct statement of the facts. That's what gets me about this whole thing. That is, IF (big IF) that's what happened.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

AMEN Smiling

Nov 21, 2020, 10:27 AM

lack of transparency is usually what gets you in trouble, not the story itself

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We certainly wouldn't want FSU to play if

Nov 21, 2020, 10:28 AM

doing so made them feel uncomfortable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ya, but not the point.***

Nov 21, 2020, 10:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: "A Clemson player had covid symptoms this week but

Nov 21, 2020, 10:29 AM

well symptoms mean nothing because they could be so many other things. I've had some symptoms off and on since this started. Its been hay fever, allergies, and a cold. Now the breathing and taste/ smell issues are another matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here,

Nov 21, 2020, 10:31 AM

it's very hard to actually know if it's covid or not unless you cannot taste or smell, they you know you probably have it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree. I have tested negative 2x in th last 2 weeks. been

Nov 21, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: "A Clemson player had covid symptoms this week but ]

having sinus issues for a while and am fairly certain they are allergy related, but wanted to be sure. from a few folks that I've known with mild covid case, they likened it to allergy type symptoms. Now, if were to to test positive next week, am I asymptomatic for covid and still having allergy symptoms? IDK

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

100% correct, but nothing to do with my point.

Nov 21, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: "A Clemson player had covid symptoms this week but ]

Did you read my post? I'm talking about an odd, inexplicable lack of transparencey from our AD.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: 100% correct, but nothing to do with my point.

Nov 21, 2020, 11:21 AM

just reinforcing the point symptoms mean almost nothing with this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,797
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic