Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9-9 one win in ACCT gets us in.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

9-9 one win in ACCT gets us in.

Feb 27, 2019, 9:40 PM

I truly believe that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we need a marquee win

Feb 27, 2019, 9:42 PM

And that win needs to be UNC. Make no mistake, the Future is NOW !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe we need a marquee win

Feb 27, 2019, 9:43 PM

While UNC would be awesome I believe Syracuse, ND one tournament win will do it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Feb 27, 2019, 10:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw a tv clip "if the ACC Tournament started today"

Feb 27, 2019, 9:43 PM

and it had us matched up with NCSt.....maybe we can hit free throws at the end of the game this time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always depends on how many at-large spots are taken during conference tourneys***

Feb 27, 2019, 9:44 PM

I honestly believe 8-10 and an ACCT win would probably be enough.

Feb 27, 2019, 9:50 PM

I would be sweating Selection Sunday though.

9-9 and we might not need an ACCT win. Let’s just finish 10-8 and not have to worry about it. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

8-10 would require at least 2 ACC tourney wins

Feb 27, 2019, 9:58 PM

Need to get to 9-9..then an ACC tournament guarantees a bid. If 9-9, we're likely in (imo) even with an ACC first round loss. But 8-10 and one tournament win will not do it.

Depends on the other bubble teams.

Feb 27, 2019, 10:03 PM

The bubble this year is a bit weaker, similar to how it was in the 90s when a conference record below .500 was often good enough to get in. All of the strong mid-majors these days have changed that for the most part, but this year is a rare exception.

As I said, I would be nervous about it but 8-10 with 1 ACCT win might be enough, especially if it is over NC State.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The next game

Feb 27, 2019, 10:23 PM

Is the one that counts! I’ve seen the Tigers beat better teams than the UNC team that will be in Littlejohn. I’m betting coach B will have his guys ready to play. I wish I was a 21 year old student again for this game! In my day we lived for an opportunity like this. Beat the baby blues ...badly!

8-10 would require at least 2 ACC tourney wins***

Feb 28, 2019, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Depends on the other bubble teams. ]

Why?

Feb 28, 2019, 9:47 AM

we are already on the inside of the bubble according to many experts why can’t we just get away with 2 more wins?

Two more wins would put us at 9-9.

Feb 28, 2019, 4:25 PM

That may be good enough regardless of tournament outcome, but I'd feel much more comfortable if we won at least one in the tourney. Losing the first round would make it dicey.

Going into the tournament at 8-10 and only winning one tournament before bowing out is extremely thin ice in my opinion, and simply not strong enough to bank on as was suggested. 8-10 with two tourney wins is thicker ice but much more probable to land a spot, although I still wouldnt say thats a guarantee.

9-9 with one tournament win a dead ringer, in my opinion and as expressed by the OP.

8-10 with two tourney wins, is pretty decent but I'm not betting the mortgage on that one either.

8-10 with only one tourney win is just not strong enough, in my opinion. I wouldnt bet $10 on that one.

I agree Judge ....

Feb 27, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to I honestly believe 8-10 and an ACCT win would probably be enough. ]

.... let’s do it !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: 9-9 one win in ACCT gets us in.

Feb 27, 2019, 9:53 PM

No doubt we would be in with this scenario

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 10:06 PM

Unfortunately we will not beat UNC the way they are playing. Also I don't see us beating Syracuse based on the horrible way we responded to Pitt's zone today.

Feb 27, 2019, 10:17 PM

we responded ok. just went through one of our shooting droughts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We stayed with SU at the Dome- believe we will

Feb 27, 2019, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-9 one win in ACCT gets us in. ]

Be fine- I still think we will beat SU to go 9-9 and then turnaround and play them again in CLT. I think they lose 2 of their final 3 and NCSU wins 2 of their final 3. That gives NCSU the tiebreaker at 10-8 over SU for the 7th spot. We were actually ahead of SU in NET by a spot headed into tonight. We could litterally send them packing or maybe to the First Four while we get in with a 10 seed.

Feb 27, 2019, 10:41 PM

I hope you are right but that would put us at 20-13 if we win one ACC tournament game.
It’s possible but I wouldn’t get my hopes up if we finish with this record. If we make it we will be a 11-13 seed with a tough first round matchup

Feb 27, 2019, 11:22 PM

Clemson has 7 ACC wins and 6 of them are against teams that would not finish 500 in the So-Con.

I am amazed at how bad the bottom of the league truly is this year. I can never remember a time when there were so many putrid teams in the league. Usually, the bottom teams always have talent and on any given night.....but Wake, Tech, Pitt, and Miami and to a lesser extent Boston and Notre Dame are very bad teams.

Wake needs to get over the Danny experiment and find a new direction
Pitt is still paying for the most horrendous hire of KS and the state he left the program. Jeff will build a winner there in a few years but now they are just bad.
Ga Tech is a dumpster fire.
Miami has been decimated by players leaving early and transfers
Notre Dame had injuries hurt them but will be back

Clemson has the easiest possible ACC schedule avoiding home and away games against Duke, UNC, Virginia, Virginia Tech and getting Ga Tech, Pitt twice (plus Fla St and Syracuse)

500 in the ACC is not the same as the old days when 6 of the 7 wins are against losing teams who are horrendous.

2x Ga Tech
2X Pitt
Wake
Boston
are not impressive at all. Only the ACC win over Va Tech is impressive and that at home without their best player.

you know what's bad

Feb 27, 2019, 11:29 PM

gamecocks tied for 4th in sec that's a bad league

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-9 one win in ACCT gets us in. ]

Clemson has 7 ACC wins and 6 of them are against teams that would not finish 500 in the So-Con.

I am amazed at how bad the bottom of the league truly is this year. I can never remember a time when there were so many putrid teams in the league. Usually, the bottom teams always have talent and on any given night.....but Wake, Tech, Pitt, and Miami and to a lesser extent Boston and Notre Dame are very bad teams.

Wake needs to get over the Danny experiment and find a new direction
Pitt is still paying for the most horrendous hire of KS and the state he left the program. Jeff will build a winner there in a few years but now they are just bad.
Ga Tech is a dumpster fire.
Miami has been decimated by players leaving early and transfers
Notre Dame had injuries hurt them but will be back

Clemson has the easiest possible ACC schedule avoiding home and away games against Duke, UNC, Virginia, Virginia Tech and getting Ga Tech, Pitt twice (plus Fla St and Syracuse)

500 in the ACC is not the same as the old days when 6 of the 7 wins are against losing teams who are horrendous.

2x Ga Tech
2X Pitt
Wake
Boston
are not impressive at all. Only the ACC win over Va Tech is impressive and that at home without their best player.