Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9-13 ft shooting is an improvement tonight.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,733

9-13 ft shooting is an improvement tonight.

Jan 27, 2021, 11:02 PM

Glad to grit out a win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9-13 ft shooting is an improvement tonight.

Jan 27, 2021, 11:09 PM

It was a gritty win no doubt. 67% inside the arch... Why so many 3's ? Not seeing the strategy. But I don't follow bball close. Great win.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 11:10 PM

helps to get the right people on the line. Simms and Dawes are pretty solid at that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 11:14 PM

well we were 22-26 against fsu. we just got to hit a few more shots loke we did when we were playing really good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FT shooting is not a problem for this team...

Jan 27, 2021, 11:15 PM

Need to figure out a way to shoot better from the field.
Several players are ice cold....but Dawes thawed out tonight...and Simms was excellent...so maybe others will follow.
The defense was back tonight...that has been missing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps tomorrows practice should be shoot, shoot, shoot ...

Jan 27, 2021, 11:29 PM

And more shooting ... get our pre-Wuhan virus hiatus shooting back, and we will be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FT shooting is not a problem for this team...

Jan 27, 2021, 11:47 PM [ in reply to FT shooting is not a problem for this team... ]

we have had some really good shots which missd by huge amounts. Not only missing on many but not even close

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we started pulling away from the gridlock once we drove to

Jan 28, 2021, 8:58 AM [ in reply to FT shooting is not a problem for this team... ]

the bucket. WE either got fouled or we made a pass to an open player. We gotta start driving and dishing more. Otherwise they're just going to let us shoot all night b/c its like another turnover.

That's right man, take it to the HOOP !

Jan 28, 2021, 5:40 PM

I do not know why they got away from that ... our guards are actually good at this ... its like they forgot after the Wuhan Virus Hiatus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 11:53 PM

All the 3pt clunkers become almost unbearable. When Simms hit that beautifully arced 3pt swoosh in the first half, I then thought we might actually win this game. But then those shots looked horrible for another 20min. I think it was Hunter that had a wide-open 3pt perfectly setup midway thru the second half with Simms actually posting a block and Hunter missed the rim by 3ft, or it appeared to be that far on TV. Nothing was touched and couldn't even be rebounded cause it bounced in straight line out of bounds. Now I only played 2yrs of JV bball but I swear that was one ugly shot and wonder how a D1 player can't even hit the rim, net, backboard, barely hit the bball court. I understand rushed air-balls but this was far from pressured shot. I just shook my head. Seems like the team provides some questionable plays that are head-scratchers that like it's just Clemson Bball.

That said, what a tremendous win that I guarantee 95% of Clemson fans had already chalked up to a loss, and I was 1 of them to be honest. The Jekyll and Hyde of Clemson Bball, I just dont understand. If we finish .500+ from this point forward, we will be NCAA bound in the 8-9seed.

Go Tigers, proof all the naysayers wrong!

Jan 28, 2021, 7:58 AM

Yeah, Honor was off too. Hope that's why he only played 10 minutes and not injured or anything.

As I stated, don't follow bball strategy, but is it because we have a small team or is that just what the D was giving us? The 3 pt shots. Just seems odd to me that we'd take 35 of our 53 shots as 3's when we were 12-6 on the other 18 shots...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even Dawes had a couple air balls.... bring in a hypnotist***

Jan 28, 2021, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: 9-13 ft shooting is an improvement tonight. ]

Jan 28, 2021, 10:20 AM

Also, most of the FT misses were on the second shot of one and ones. Missing the first shot of a one and one is a real killer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,733
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic