Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
39 years ago, I married the greatest woman..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

39 years ago, I married the greatest woman..

Feb 15, 2019, 6:10 PM

Could not find a better woman. Spent the next day watching Clemson basketball take down the Wolfpack. Didn't have tickets, but my wife found 2 great seats and when she asked how much, the gentleman gave them to her after she told him that we got married the previous evening and he said it was his present to us. She was a ND fan until we met, now a diehard Tiger.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got a keeper for sure

Feb 15, 2019, 6:28 PM

hard to find one that will flip so quickly. Mine is a good one but refuses to pull for the Tigers when they play Winthrop.....I guess its that be true to your school stuff. Luckily for me that is a rare occurrence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: You got a keeper for sure

Feb 16, 2019, 1:06 AM

You do realize, the "Winthrop Normal School for Girls" was created as a sister school to the "Clemson Agricultural and Mechanical College" - back in the day, that is/was. (each was designed by the same architectural firm, Bruce and Morgan, out of Atlanta (e.g.: Tillman Hall.))

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's a keeper.

Feb 15, 2019, 6:29 PM

So is my wife who was a Coot fan when I met her and now is the biggest Tiger fan babe on the planet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: She's a keeper.

Feb 15, 2019, 6:31 PM

And that was 47 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: She's a keeper.

Feb 15, 2019, 10:53 PM [ in reply to She's a keeper. ]

Almost as big a Tiger fan as your sister-in-law, who is a coot grad!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 39 years ago, I married the greatest woman..

Feb 15, 2019, 6:39 PM

mine has been all over the country following the tigers. She got me tix to fb game at Md in 78 for my birthday when we won the first ACC Championship in 11 years. CU allotment was sold she called MD in the pre internet days so I could go. Drove around all day so w could listen to ND at Dv game instead of shopping as we lived in Pa then. Keeper

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 39 years ago, I married the greatest woman..

Feb 15, 2019, 6:55 PM

Flipping a coot is a great achievement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, mine flipped pretty quickly. Her 1st Clemson-Usuc game

Feb 15, 2019, 9:40 PM

was 1977, she went in as a coot fan, mainly because her brother was playing in the Usuc band, but by the time Fuller made the pass to Butler for the win, she was heartily pulling for the Tigers, and was a Tiger fan until the day she died!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1980 was a great year for Clemson basketball

Feb 15, 2019, 10:29 PM

Beat the coots, beat #1 Duke about 10 days after
that frigid Peach Bowl, and made the Elite Eight
of the first ever trip to the NCAA tournament before
losing to the eventual runner up UCLA in the West
Region final. I was a senior at Daniel HS and kept
an eye on coach Bill Foster's 2 cute daughters. ;)
Btw, that was an interesting way to spend your honeymoon.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic