Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#3 in the nation and more tickets for sale than ever. Makes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

#3 in the nation and more tickets for sale than ever. Makes

Oct 12, 2013, 7:53 AM

No #### sense at all!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #3 in the nation and more tickets for sale than ever.

Oct 12, 2013, 7:54 AM

TV

They're all on TV. If we want to be elite, you fill up the

Oct 12, 2013, 7:57 AM

D@mn stadium. I can hear it now, "son just look at Clemson. Do you want to go play for a team that is ranked #3 in the nation and can't even sell out a home game or come play in the SEC where football is second to none?"

Perception matters and a lackluster crowd doesn't do Clemson any good at all!

Re: They're all on TV. If we want to be elite, you fill up the

Oct 12, 2013, 8:02 AM

If we want to be elite we win all our games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i've seen multiple sec stadiums, inclucing the roach, not

Oct 12, 2013, 8:53 AM [ in reply to They're all on TV. If we want to be elite, you fill up the ]

sell out for conference games in approximately the same spots in the stadiums, the upper decks (or top deck) in the 4 corners. a lot of people, with less than stellar eyesight , can see the game better from tv than seated in those locations (and for a lot cheaper,too.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!!! Sorta dramatic on the conversation between father

Oct 12, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to They're all on TV. If we want to be elite, you fill up the ]

and son????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go touch yourself weirdo***

Oct 12, 2013, 9:31 AM [ in reply to They're all on TV. If we want to be elite, you fill up the ]

Is that what we'll tell recruits today?

Oct 12, 2013, 8:00 AM

"Oh, those 10,000 empty seats? We're on TV."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that what we'll tell recruits today?

Oct 12, 2013, 8:49 AM

> "Oh, those 10,000 empty seats? We're on TV."

Yeah, we want Dabo keeping the boys focused on one game at a time but the fans can't ? I heard several people "taking this week off" . It's fall break so the student section will be 1/2 full. Sad on the fans!
Perfect weather for football. I'll be there!

Ticket Department...

Oct 12, 2013, 8:05 AM

Has to anticipate and promote better. Doing half price tickets just a week before the game isn't enough.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Upper deck

Oct 12, 2013, 8:16 AM

Why would anyone one want to sit in upper deck and by the way those are the tickets for sale. I 4 one am older and can't even see the game from there, even with glasses.

Re: #3 in the nation and more tickets for sale than ever. Makes

Oct 12, 2013, 8:19 AM

Very few games have been sold out or DV packed, with that said still should be around 78,000 there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone figured the shixxx economy into the picture?

Oct 12, 2013, 8:37 AM

Sorry guys. I guess I'm less of a fan than everyone else b/c 2 years ago I had to give up my season tickets. On average $300-$400 / game makes you reconsider your necessities vs luxuries. The family and I will be attending today in full force but next week i will be content watching you guys cheer the tigers on next week in front of my 60 in Vizio and not feel less of a fan for it. Just an economical fan.

I hate to say it but ticket prices for sporting events are

Oct 12, 2013, 9:21 AM

outrageous. My wife and I love and enjoy not only college sports but all sports. I would love to take her to more Clemson games and to Columbia, (she's usc fan). But prices prevent us from doing that and the price of gas is still above $3. Tickets and everything that goes with it usually cost us $250. Everything keeps going up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ssp you were very close***

Oct 13, 2013, 4:35 AM [ in reply to Re: #3 in the nation and more tickets for sale than ever. Makes ]

Clemson should also do some philanthropy.

Oct 12, 2013, 8:32 AM

Let some kids attend who can't afford tickets for free, if they don't sell out, that is.

Fall Break for Students?

Oct 12, 2013, 8:38 AM

Not so bright scheduling.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Fall Break for Students?

Oct 12, 2013, 8:48 AM

They need to do a better job promoting discount tickets and not wait till the week of the game. Big games will always do well everyone wants to see a great game. Also with this economy it is hard even at 24 dollar tickets for a family to attend some of these games so I would think they are picky about which ones they attend. Also the upper deck at CU is not some of the best seating for a game. They added on the way they had to not the way stadiums are built today. If you go to Charlotte upper deck is pretty good seats but not in death valley unless you are in the lower rows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2013, 8:48 AM

Has more to do with who we play. We only sell out when we play schools who bring a large crowd with them, Georgia, Fla. state, chickens. BC, like Wake two weeks ago, will probably only bring 500-1,000 fans. The upper levels are only full when opposing fans buy the tickets.

ACC teams, other than us and Fla State, do not travel.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have bigger, more expensive games.

Oct 12, 2013, 9:16 AM

People are anticipating the FSU game, recovering from UGA, saving up for the ACCCG and an almost certain BCS bowl if not the MNC.
Plus this weekend is fall break for us Clemson students.

It's Fall Break. Students won't be back on campus until

Oct 12, 2013, 9:31 AM

next Wednesday.

We had 80,000 for SC State. You are way off base.

Fall break should have been last week not during home game.***

Oct 12, 2013, 9:36 AM

I guess when you're #3 ...

Oct 12, 2013, 9:35 AM

Have great coaches, a great offense, a good defense, and great players, we need something else to beech about. Not selling out against BC is going to affect recruiting? Really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just said #3 team deserves more. People wait all year

Oct 12, 2013, 9:38 AM

For football season then on a day as beautiful as today in God's country and people don't show up.

Oct 12, 2013, 9:43 AM

You want the answer, here it is. Selling low tier games and expecting $50 a seat or more is not realistic. A family of 4 will spend well over $300 to go to this game, more like $500. Or they can watch the game for free on TV. If the unsold upper deck tix were unloaded for $10 four weeks prior to the game it would be better attended. Waiting until the last week to drop the price doesn't leave time to plan. Simple economics.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2013, 4:39 AM

8 pm game time plus TV. Save lots of money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If every game is a sellout, then the stadium is too small...***

Oct 13, 2013, 6:30 AM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic