Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone questioned the integrity of the field at GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Has anyone questioned the integrity of the field at GT

Nov 17, 2014, 10:29 AM

Seemed like an unusual amount of knee injuries in that game. Luckily, it got one of them too, but I wondered during the game if they had watered it heavily before hand in an attempt to slow the game down or something. I would not put anything past Paul Johnson's sleazy ###.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they did, it pretty much backfired on them. That broken

Nov 17, 2014, 10:33 AM

leg looked painful.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I imagine Paul Johnson has zero regard for his players

Nov 17, 2014, 10:34 AM

safety. What a disgusting human being.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you already doing drugs this mornin'?***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:41 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

No, Paul Johnson is a POS and a wet field can cause

Nov 17, 2014, 11:46 AM

a lot of knee injuries. I tore my ACL playing on a muddy field, there's no give.

Having played for Paul Johnson

Nov 17, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to I imagine Paul Johnson has zero regard for his players ]

I can Keanefirm this message

Ooo, tell us more. I'd like to hear some first hand accounts

Nov 17, 2014, 11:58 AM

to verify my very low opinion of him.

I played for Johnson his first years at Tech

Nov 17, 2014, 1:33 PM

At first, he seems like a pretty cool guy. Very very analytically smart, a big stat guy, and a quick thinker off the cuff. Funny guy at times to be around when the times were good. Remember in '08 Tech actually was LOADED with talent--Dwyer, BayBay Thomas (Denver), Morgan Burnett (Packers), Michael Johnson (Cincy), Derrick Morgain (Titans), Andrew Gardner (Miami I think), Roddy Jones, etc. so it was really easy for him to win with that talent.

The drawbacks--he's extremely arrogant. I've seen him talk down to coaches in such a manner that I've never seen. Publicly dog cuss some of his assistants for really nothing that was their fault, which in my opinion is not something that should typically occur in public, in front of the players and rest of the staff. He's a guy that nothing's ever his fault, and this type of arrogance shows in his recruiting. Also, he pays no attention to special teams, or anything really, outside of his offense as he's so arrogant he thinks that he can beat anybody by running his unique offense.

To give him credit, he knows his system very very well and knows how to score points with it. However, I would never want to work for him or play for him as he is a grade A gobble neck #######. This is starting to show with the fanbase, as I for one, have absolutely ZERO respect for that locker room and that program and it's all because of him. I was vehemently pulling for Clemson on Saturday, and being an Alum that actually played, that doesn't make sense to all of my friends from school. I just have a lot of negative vibes still for the program, and until he's gone I'll never be a remote supporter. Outside of the ISyE dept at GT, the whole school can go straight to hell...

Re: Has anyone questioned the integrity of the field at GT

Nov 17, 2014, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I was pretty shocked at how bad the offense was

Nov 17, 2014, 11:17 AM

GT's defense was one of the worst we've faced this season, and yet we managed to have our worst offensive performance yet. GT's defense outscored our offense, and probably didn't come too far from outgaining them either. I mean, how do you only manage 190 yards and 3.5 yards per play against a team that was allowing well over 400 yards per game and more than 6 yards per play?

My only guess is that Morris's gameplan was so heavily based on running the QB that he had no idea what to do when Watson went out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was pretty shocked at how bad the offense was

Nov 17, 2014, 11:28 AM

Because Cole Stoudt suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. He completed 3 passed to Clemson players, and 3 passes to GT players. Our Defense bailed us out in previous games against super ###### teams. GT actually has a pulse and it showed how bad Stoudt is.

I have to agree with ClemsonZJ.

Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 AM

Stoudt is certainly not going in the early rounds of the NFL draft as many of you had previously thought.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He might not be great, but he isn't that bad

Nov 17, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I was pretty shocked at how bad the offense was ]

GT, also, had one of the worst defenses going into our game that we've played this season. They were about on par with NC State. Stoudt played much, much better against much, much better defenses, so it's hard to understand why he was so much worse in this game than he was in those.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3-3 and 2 pick 6's?

Nov 17, 2014, 11:50 AM

No..he sucks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why didn't he have those numbers against better D's?

Nov 17, 2014, 11:54 AM

I'm not trying to say Stoudt is any good, I'm just pointing out that it's baffling that he'd be so much worse than usual against the worst defense he's had to play against so far.

He's checked out, he wasn't prepared to play IMO***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:56 AM

I know. He has never had a great game, but against better

Nov 17, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to He might not be great, but he isn't that bad ]

d's we have done enough to win. Then we go to gt and look worse than awful. I don't know what all was going on in that game, but it wasn't just cole being bad. Which he was.

If cole is so bad that he can lose a game all by himself, I don't understand that 35 yard, down the line of scrimmage throwback on their 10 yard line. On the other hand, if it was just a bad play, and the offense knows what it needs to do to win, 9-3 is no big deal. Somebody, the coaches or the players or both, seemed to completely lost all sense of what football is.

Is Morris an expert at one thing, a genius when he has the tools for that one thing but lost when he has to make do with with is available? That could explain the plays we were asking Cole to make. Or are we not sound enough physically or emotionally to get 10 yards playing basic football? That too would explain what we saw. But it wasn't all cole, bad as he was.

Bright side: if you love our coaching staff, they're safe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's time to start questioning whether or not

Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I was pretty shocked at how bad the offense was ]

Morris is worth the $1 mil+ salary we're paying him. It's beginning to look like his offense isn't so great without C.J., Nuke, or Watkins.

it looks pretty good with Watson in there***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:39 AM

Only because he's mobile, and I think it's clear that he

Nov 17, 2014, 11:45 AM

doesn't need to be taking so many hits. He doesn't seem to make many adjustments, his entire offense hinges on the quarterback running, and that just ain't gonna cut it.

That's not been true every game

Nov 17, 2014, 11:52 AM

I do think that the offense was counting on a QB run game against GT, though. We were running the QB far more often than we normally would early on in that game. I think we were doing that because the coaches saw a lot of weaknesses in GT's defense when other teams had their QB run the ball. The difference is that guys like Jacoby Brissett and Marquise Williams are 230 and 220 pounds, respectively, and are both in their 3rd or 4th years in college. They're less susceptible to injury.

That said, Watson went down without being hit against GT, and he broke his finger on a routine stiff-arm play against UofL. That's what makes me wonder if he'll ever be a reliable player for us.

I question that as well, and I think Morris is going to have

Nov 17, 2014, 11:57 AM

to come up with a game plan that doesn't involve Watson running a lot, particularly up the middle. At least put him in a position where he can get down if he's got to run. He's taken some shots this year.

I'm not even sure it's that.

Nov 17, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I think it's time to start questioning whether or not ]

I question how the offensive line can be so consistently woeful over the last decade and a half. Georgia Tech is a great example to use...they certainly haven't come close to out-recruiting us on paper, but they almost always have a solid line and solid but not spectacular backs that typically don't turn the ball over. Year after year, they run the ball well for the most part. Recruiting numbers and coaching are the issues here. We don't need a CJ Spiller every recruiting class, we need solid line prospects in sufficient numbers that are well coached, and then any one of the backs that we currently have would have our fans screaming about them being a Heisman contender. Behind anything other than a patchwork offensive line, Cole Stoudt would actually have been good enough to win 10 games by handing the ball off and managing the games as he has been put in the position to do this year.

When all is said and done, I blame our CEO for not recognizing where the real weakness is and making a correction there, but I guess it's hard to see when you busy working on your viral YouTube dance videos.

Losing the top two RBs for the year probably didn't help***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:47 AM

We'd be moaning and whining about how bad Gurley is behind

Nov 17, 2014, 11:48 AM

our OL if he were here.

Even they probably wouldn't have faired well running

Nov 17, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Losing the top two RBs for the year probably didn't help*** ]

behind our o-line. Like RH said, it is baffling we why seemingly can never put together a solid o-line.

And even more baffling that 4 star prospects continue to

Nov 17, 2014, 11:54 AM

struggle after 5 years in the system...that is, IF they don't suffer some career ending injury. I'd love to see a Prodigalized spreadsheet on THAT over the last 15 years.

This. I've stated this many times before

Nov 17, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I'm not even sure it's that. ]

We've had "young", or just weak O-lines going on 20+ YEARS. Someone has been born, grew up,have played O-line and graduated in the time since we actually had a good one.

Its friggin' ponderous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good luck with that. Clem stuck with him. Im sure the

Nov 17, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I think it's time to start questioning whether or not ]

higher-ups figgered sumone wouldve hired him by now...l0l

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic