Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
247 take on how good our recruiting class was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

247 take on how good our recruiting class was

Feb 6, 2020, 10:24 AM

- This Clemson’s first top five class in the modern recruiting era.
- Clemson did not have a single decommitment for the third straight cycle. For perspective, Miami had TWENTY decommitments in 2020.
- Clemson landed 23 percent of its 106 offers. LSU offered 316 players while Georgia offered 267.
- Finally, only two prospects the Tigers hosted on official visits failed to sign with the school. That’s honestly just an insane stat. Schools host multiple official visitors a weekend and will often go one-for-five. Clemson missed on just two all cycle.

https://247sports.com/Article/National-Signing-Day-2020-class-rankings-commitments-college-football-recruiting--143402984/

Best is yet to come if these guys all live up to their potential. Incredible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 247 take on how good our recruiting class was

Feb 6, 2020, 10:31 AM

I believe the two were Flowe and Burch. I can't fault the staff for either. Both seemed to be more interested in the recruiting game than any one school. Burch still hasn't figured things out and the staff was upfront with Flowe about the situation.

Another great stat: Clemson has won two national championships while taking 10 less players, over 5 years, than their primary rivals.

Clemson is making a 4 year commitment to "Clemson men" and it is paying off in the locker room.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 6, 2020, 11:07 AM

Burch never came on an official

Flowe was one. Not sure if the other is Arik Gilbert but could be.

Feb 6, 2020, 11:24 AM

I believe Flowe and Henderson took officials.

UGA adds to their recruiting national championship

Feb 6, 2020, 10:41 AM

Do they get a banner for that?

UGA always does the least with more.and playing in the east...what a joke! I've hated that over ranked school since the 70's.

Re: UGA adds to their recruiting national championship

Feb 6, 2020, 10:54 AM

Everyone likes to play the SEC game when at the end of the season, they were completely wrong. But then you have UGA who lost to the coots at home and still were ranked #4. Anyone thinks this is above board has no grasp on bias in rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA adds to their recruiting national championship

Feb 6, 2020, 11:18 AM

Our average rating per player (and Bama's for that matter) is higher than UGA's so why wouldn't us and Bama be ranked higher? Okay, the argument could be made we took 2 less players than UGA but Bama took the same number of players AND their average per player was higher. Recruiting rankings make no sense, plus it makes Kirby "Smart" look not so Smart with his results on the field.

Feb 6, 2020, 11:52 AM

The success rate is amazing. I have felt recently our batting average on prospects is about as good as anyone's. So is more important than ever to keep recruiting the right guys. We also seem very good in identifying fits to recruit from the talent and culture / chemistry aspects. I dont really care about overall rating of schools but 247 did just what I knew they would marking us down late. They can say whatever they want but it is just another of the pro sec narratives we continue to face.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2020, 11:55 AM

106 offers says volumes about our staff's ability to evaluate talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

I just hope Kirby Smart never learns how to coach or to find assistants that can.

Feb 6, 2020, 1:47 PM

Missing on only 2 of over 20 official visits is just crazy. That's a closing rate of over 90%!

Y'all double check my maffs

Feb 6, 2020, 2:20 PM

We offered 106 players.

Only 26 of them came for an official visit.

24 of those who officially came signed with us.

That speaks phenomenally well for our staff, but my questions is - why couldn't we get the other 80 offers to come for an official visit ?

Is there somewhere that I can find a list of all of the offers and the players who officially visited ? TIA

Re: Y'all double check my maffs

Feb 6, 2020, 2:39 PM

I found the offers and the visists - thanks

Re: Y'all double check my maffs

Feb 6, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Y'all double check my maffs ]

Many times a recruit came for an unofficial early, committed to Clemson, and we had to tell the others we offered we are full. Then during one of our recruiting weekends the commit came for an official. It would be interesting to note how many of those officials occurred after a commitment.

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic