Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is it boys. Life Changing #### happening
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 572

This is it boys. Life Changing #### happening

Jan 28, 2021, 7:39 AM

since I don't have to "work" until 12 each day starting today, I'm using my mornings to run (ugh) and lift.

Arnold SwartzenFBCoach to hit the beach June 2021

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Good for you, but it is cold AF. I have found that if

Jan 28, 2021, 7:41 AM

you plan out a mid-day workout or run, work is going to take that plan and shove it up your ass.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate lifting in the afternoons. Much rather lift in the

Jan 28, 2021, 7:44 AM

morning. Have more energy and feel better throughout the day.

By the time I got to go lift I was worn out from the day. And by day I mean #### posting on tnet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

When Greenr had but one kid many moons ago, he would go

Jan 28, 2021, 7:56 AM

to Gold's at 5:00 AM when they opened and lift weights with the old men or go for an early morning run around Rock Hill. Morning workouts are the absolute best. Get a pump for the rest of the day too, the shirt fits a little tighter in a good way.

Now I get 3 kids ready for school, scream my head off, make coffee, and then lounge around pretending to work from home. Life can be that way.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What print Zubaz did you go with?

Jan 28, 2021, 7:58 AM [ in reply to I hate lifting in the afternoons. Much rather lift in the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait till July, lol.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Good for you, but it is cold AF. I have found that if ]

That 5am run when it's 80 degrees and 100% humidity......niiiice.

Buy a treadmill if you really want to run consistently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks so much for the advice. Humblebrag here, I ran

Jan 28, 2021, 8:12 AM

1300+ miles in 2020, at least 1200 outside and non on treadmill after March.

110 in June
108 in July
145 in August
125 in September

A treadmill at home seems nice, but in reality it is so much better outdoors. It's OK to get sweaty.

tdrake® ran over 2000 I think last year and I am pretty sure all of his are outdoors as well.

tdrake really has made an amazing transformation.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:16 AM

tdrake circa 2015

tdrake 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2089, 3 miles were on a treadmill.***

Jan 28, 2021, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Thanks so much for the advice. Humblebrag here, I ran ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, they make cars for a reason.

Jan 28, 2021, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Thanks so much for the advice. Humblebrag here, I ran ]

You're human (i guess)-You can't outrun heart disease. Its caused by being alive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man, I don't run because heart problems. I run because

Jan 28, 2021, 11:55 AM

I became a fat slob after college and was doing nothing active. I started running and I felt better, got competitive again (albeit against myself most of the time), and lost a few lbs. Heart disease may be genetic, but there are a MILLION more reasons to get outside.

I like drinking beer outside.

Jan 28, 2021, 1:58 PM

That running part is crazy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that it isn't for everyone, I am not actively trying

Jan 28, 2021, 2:54 PM

to make others do it. I also like drinking beer outside, and hiking outside, and sitting by the fire pit outside getting absolutely blitzed, and tailgating outside, and sitting on the beach, and going out in a boat.

Getting outside is key, especially when my job keeps me in front of a computer for 50 hours a week.

you got me beat. I did

Jan 28, 2021, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Thanks so much for the advice. Humblebrag here, I ran ]

I only did 450 on the bike. That is sad, but reality with kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying for 1500 this year. 125/month is certainly doable

Jan 28, 2021, 1:20 PM

and I'm already over for January, but this has been a terrible week with work and weather.

I need to get back on the 2-a-day runs

I have been on treadmill for past 4 days

Jan 28, 2021, 1:25 PM

I hate it. But you cant even Yak Track right now. Its way too icy and its so cold, nothing is melting. Sucks.

If I hit 100, I tend to start hurting, then have to go to the Octane Machine. I can't really push my mileage anymore, just less drinking and more THC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I have done a long snow run once and it was awesome

Jan 28, 2021, 1:32 PM

except I had to poo and finding an open restroom in Cherry Park was not happening so I had to go down Cherry Road to the Bojangles in the snow and go there, they looked at me funny.

Anyways, I would not want to run in snow and ice often but we don't have to here. It's just rainy these days and cold rain sucks.

Eat right and running becomes easy.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:04 AM

Why I always think diet is more important than exercise. Sure, both are important, but the easiest way to burn calories (when fat) is to eat less, eat better, and burn your own calories. Fat people are metabolically some of the world's most accomplished athletes. I mean to simply BE FAT, you have to burn 2-4 miles worth of extra calories a day. The body of a fat person sitting on the couch all day, burns more calories than a skinny person who runs two miles a day. They're working hard and don't even know it.

Eat right, lose the weight. When you get to a decent weight, start running/lifting. Then lose more weight, then keep eating right and running forever. The keep eating right part is where most people fail. Our diet in the US SUCKS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another thing that makes running a lot easier is being

Jan 28, 2021, 8:39 AM

chased by a bear.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A cheetah is better.***

Jan 28, 2021, 8:42 AM

Yeah, but then you end up covered in orange dust.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:46 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for you my man.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:37 AM

And even better for us. Less shidposting. Carry on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 572
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic