Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2021 Look Ahead
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

2021 Look Ahead

Jan 2, 2021, 1:14 AM

Defense: Myles Murphy, Brian Bresee & Tyler Davis are locked in. Would love to see J. Foster back and right in 2021. So long XT. If Payton Page is in shape, give the man some reps. Love our DL. I like Patterson at MLB. Unsure where Mike Jones was tonight. Trenton Simpson needs to be coached up and put to work. Maguire, Bentley, Trotter and Cutter need to compete to see who gets serious rotation. Booth, Greene and Fred Davis never seemed to get a shot at serious reps this year for whatever reason. Zanders grew some. Except for Turner, the rest of the DB/S were average to below average - not playoff caliber. And soft as Charmin. Maybe Mukuba and Wiggins can help. Give them ACC reps.

Offense: The O-Line went from slightly above to slightly below average in 2020. Every line position should be open in 2021 with a new line coach and recruiter. The O-line is a wreck. We need OL recruits not more WR's. IMHO DJU and Davis Allen are the only two starters on Offense deserving of starting positions unless Justyn Ross returns. EJ Williams can help us. Hopefully, Shipley, Collins and Stellato can compete with this year's redshirts for reps. And Linthicum, Tate and Pennington can compete for some OL reps.

The ACC season is a warmup against a crappy slop heap of teams. I would love to see Dabo and BV actually use the season to develop talented players like Patterson, Bentley, Simpson, Greene, Booth, & EJ Williams vs. playing their kids and untalented "hard workers". We had a nice team of choir boys this year, and no Christian Wilkins-style leadership or nastiness, but CW42 was one truly one in a generation at Clemson and deserves respect as much as DW4, TL16 and IS11.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please not Patterson at MLB...

Jan 2, 2021, 1:30 AM

If this game taught us anything it’s that we need athleticism at LB. Leave Mike Jones at SLB, move Trenton Simpson to WLB, and LaVonta Bentley to MLB (go back and watch him in the Virginia Tech game).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s 3 physical, rangey (made that up) guys who can....

Jan 2, 2021, 1:33 AM

Cover, pursue, and knock the snot out of you.

Re: Please not Patterson at MLB...

Jan 2, 2021, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Please not Patterson at MLB... ]

We really need to play more base 4/3 as well. I think playing so much 3-3-5 has hurt our DE development and we just don't seem to be as dominate on defense with it. It just feels like every time we play a 3 down line we give up some big 3rd and long pass play. I understand Venables is using it to cover for some of the secondary weakness we have, but clearly we aren't as dominate on defense as we were a few years ago playing mainly base 4/3.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2021 Look Ahead

Jan 2, 2021, 1:35 AM

The wild card is everyone is eligible to be back. So who comes back is the question. Not sure what I’m the world is going on with XT? But I assume he is gone. Everyone outside of ETN and Trevor may come back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some may be uninvited***

Jan 2, 2021, 1:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some may be uninvited***

Jan 2, 2021, 8:52 AM

Very true.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 8:49 AM

OL and Secondary underachieved this year. Starts with coaching. Many opportunities there going into next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are personnel changes.

Streeter. Great guy, solid coach but I’ve always (and still) questioning his ability to progress elite QB’s. Will be interesting to see how our young QB’s develop next year.

We are a much better and coached team than we showed last night. Hats off to OSU for playing a lights out game.

I agree, specifically with Streeter

Jan 2, 2021, 9:24 AM

Great guy but I saw Trevor’s footwork and mechanics regress over the last 2 seasons. I’m not sure if he is capable of truly developing elite QB talent, and there is definitely a reason why DW4 and KB2 sought “outside of the program” QB coaches to aid their development.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:49 AM

OL and Secondary underachieved this year. Starts with coaching. Many opportunities there going into next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are personnel changes.

Streeter. Great guy, solid coach but I’ve always (and still) questioning his ability to progress elite QB’s. Will be interesting to see how our young QB’s develop next year.

We are a much better and coached team than we showed last night. Hats off to OSU for playing a lights out game.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic