Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 Roster...returning, leaving, WOW
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

2020 Roster...returning, leaving, WOW

Jan 14, 2020, 9:46 AM

Dang we are returning A LOT of quality players with talented recruits joining the fold.

Here is a list I compiled of graduates, those using transfer portal to find more playing time elsewhere, those going to the NFL as juniors, and a few on the fence about returning (which we can consider as leaving for the moment)… Please provide your own thoughts...

GRADUATES (9):
KVon Wallace, Denzel Johnson, Diondre Overton, Tanner Muse, Chad Smith, Gage Cervenka, Tremayne Anchrum, John Simposon, Sean Pollard.

DEF GONE TO NFL EARLY (2):
Tee Higgins, Isaish Simmons

MAYBE GONE TO NFL EARLY (2):
Travis Etienne (most likely gone), AJ Terrell (proved himself a lot but may stay)

MAY TRANSFER (7)
Cornell Powell, LeAnthony Williams, TJ Chase, Chase Brice, Taisun Phommachanh.... *** IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT THE SNAPS PLAYED BY THESE TWO OFF LINEMEN THEN PLEASE ADVISE... Blake Vinson, Matt Bockhorst

Thoughts???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 Roster...returning, leaving, WOW

Jan 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

If I were AJ i would stay imo. but who knows

Jan 14, 2020, 11:33 AM

Unless AJ gets a top two round grade he may want to get an insurance policy and stay. He could probably get insured for $400k to $500k. Trevor Lawrence only received a policy for $5,000,000.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Roster...returning, leaving, WOW ]

After last night’s showing?

Jan 14, 2020, 11:52 AM

Sure. AJ, aside from the first touchdown given up to Chase (where Chase kinda pushed off), AJ Terrell had great coverage and STILL Joe Burrow and LSU receivers played pitch and catch. It was art. Not much Terrell could do better.

Jan 14, 2020, 1:39 PM

Don't agree. There were 2 or 3 more plays he got burned on. Watch the video recording.

Jan 14, 2020, 2:47 PM

He also had a couple of very poor missed tackles that stand out to me. Early in the game he tried to lower a shoulder on Edwards-Helaire instead of wrapping up and got absolutely trucked.

Not trying to pick on Terrell though. He's a fantastic player. Unfortunately he plays a position that, like QB, greatly exposes you when you have an off night.

null

Jan 14, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Roster...returning, leaving, WOW ]

It will get a lot harder for AJ at the next level......he has had a great season but it was obvious from last night he has a lot of work to do to get ready for the pros.....I am sure he hurt his draft stock last night with all these NFL scouts watching......he was overmatched all night long from start to finish and responsible for giving up 21 points just in the first half alone....not a good look to end his college career or try and take the next step to show he is ready for the NFL......hope he comes back to finish on a high note for both these reasons....Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 14, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: 2020 Roster...returning, leaving, WOW ]

Etienne and Terrell are definitely gone

Bockhorst is a beast

Jan 14, 2020, 2:06 PM

He will be one of our best, if not the best, OL next year. Putnam is also a beast. We lose a lot on the OL, but we have some studs behind them.

Re: Bockhorst is a beast

Jan 14, 2020, 3:52 PM

Yea I'd say Bockhorst and Putnam are penciled in at the 2 guards next year. Obviously Carman is starting at LT. Center and RT are question marks. Not sure that McFadden is the answer at RT but maybe by the fall he will be. Really need someone to step up at C. #62 was a solid backup but I am not sure about him as a starter (lots of oddball snaps IIRC).

Re: Bockhorst is a beast

Jan 14, 2020, 7:21 PM

I think we need at least 2 of the incoming freshmen OL to be ready to play significant snaps.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:06 PM

We have a lot coming back, but there are certainly some holes to fill. We lose a lot at offensive line and I think 2 deep as far as our safeties. Hopefully, the rest of the team can carry us while the new guys get the experience.

Bockhorst is not transferring...***

Jan 14, 2020, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bockhorst is not transferring...***

Jan 14, 2020, 5:31 PM

Tee wants his degree he promised his Mom he would get his degree before leaving. I say he comes back.

Terrell needs to come back. Last night probably hurt his

Jan 14, 2020, 7:12 PM

draft status a good bit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:29 PM

ETN said after the semifinals that there was a good possibility that he returned. Fingers crossed. The good thing is we don’t ride our rbs/players like other teams so mileage wise for a running back he’s in a good spot.

May have promised his mom a degree as well.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic