Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD

Jun 2, 2015, 2:35 PM

David Hood wanted me to post this for him since he is still traveling back from California. I think his plane just landed in ATL.

"Heard that the baseball coaches met with Clemson AD Dan Radakovich today. Haven't heard the results... In fact it's eerily quiet. Will let you know if I hear anything."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD

Jun 2, 2015, 2:38 PM

Is david saying we should stay by our computers?

TIA

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 2, 2015, 4:57 PM

clemtiger117 = marlborocountycoot = CUJAX = clemson80tiger

FNO ??

Jun 2, 2015, 5:04 PM

why are you so obsessed with me photo tumblr_mc5v5y3MTC1qgbguro5_250.gif

null

Jun 2, 2015, 5:07 PM

No words could explain

Jun 2, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

clemtiger117 = marlborocountycoot = CUJAX = clemson80tiger

FNO ??

hopefully exit interviews***

Jun 2, 2015, 2:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

davidhood just landed in ATL?

Jun 2, 2015, 2:44 PM

That explains the loud noise I just heard up here in Charlotte, for a minute I thought it was thunder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oh boy, got a feeling your flight is now boarding.***

Jun 2, 2015, 2:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 2, 2015, 3:02 PM

all of them???? this sure looks like something is going on

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems David is already getting lazy and delagating

Jun 2, 2015, 3:08 PM

his duties. Not a good sign this ealy in DT

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Update?

Jun 2, 2015, 3:42 PM

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You're an impatient little cuss, aren't you?***

Jun 2, 2015, 3:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

ThX BB Coaches but your severance pay will be less $1000 for every runner

Jun 2, 2015, 3:54 PM

Left on base with the bases loaded!

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ThX BB Coaches but your severance pay will be less $1000 for every runner

Jun 2, 2015, 4:03 PM

They'd probably end up owing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Well GWP's still here, and I was promised he would be

Jun 2, 2015, 3:58 PM [ in reply to You're an impatient little cuss, aren't you?*** ]

gone, by folks in high places. Just wondering what the hold up is.

Discussing severance packages?***

Jun 2, 2015, 3:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell all of them that they are no longer needed, please.***

Jun 2, 2015, 3:46 PM

Exciting!***

Jun 2, 2015, 4:01 PM

nm

Jun 2, 2015, 4:03 PM

I'm starting to question whether Mr. Hood is "All In"....

How dare him stay over in Cali. for a few days when there was an obvious story brewing within our Baseball program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

i imagine grump gave dhood the company amex...

Jun 2, 2015, 4:08 PM

for incidentals.

AmEx = BK Coupons***

Jun 2, 2015, 4:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Are you implying that davidhood has an interest in

Jun 2, 2015, 4:49 PM

Whoppers?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Are you implying that davidhood has an interest in

Jun 2, 2015, 4:53 PM

nothing wrong with whoppers.

at least we know he doesn't side with newb.

Well ... they are flame-broiled.

Jun 2, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Are you implying that davidhood has an interest in ]

Unless you are talking about these ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 2, 2015, 4:13 PM

I bet Jack has the lid flipped on the button now.

2 more sports psychiatrists and 10-player council***

Jun 2, 2015, 6:54 PM

Jun 2, 2015, 7:02 PM

That seems to backup the info I gathered yesterday.....

The meeting last year Jack was told to correct the problem areas this season or he would be held accountable. No changes were made. I asked if improvement was made this year and was told "not even close". I suspect we will hear something by tomorrow afternoon.

LOL***

Jun 2, 2015, 8:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2015, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

you have gathered nothing.

null

Jun 2, 2015, 9:22 PM

I love the notion that a coot troll has out scooped at least 4 full time Clemson sports websites and all the the sports writers in the state. Sapakoff has had a boner to see Jack fired for a year now. Tweeted Sunday that Clemson would part ways within 48 hours. The clock is still running and no one is saying a peep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2015, 11:18 PM

We will see. This came from someone that would know. And I'm not trying to scoop anyone. Just passing along some info that was given to me yesterday when I asked said person if had listened to Walt and heard the Jack talk. He offered. I didn't pry at all. Seemed to be confident in his story. We shall see......

Jun 2, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

And I am far from a coot troll. Your son, if you are capable of producing such, coming to Brownell's camp? I will be working it.....maybe can look him up and get pic with him to send home in my orange coot outfit......lol

Jun 3, 2015, 1:05 AM

Not buying it, though it might be one explanation why Brownell, clearly the least succesful major sport coach we have, is the only one you seem to have any praise for. You play the coot party line about Dabo. You bash our players - you just bashed Parker and have been fairly insulting to Boyd in the past. Your vitriol towards Leggett is well documented. Suddenly you work our basketball camps. That is, if you're not busy as a guest coach at all of the football meetings that week.

obviously I'm a eunuch so I can't send any children but from my experience the sports camps are pretty much run by GAs and team managers. You're just lurking around to chip in whenever?

Jun 3, 2015, 7:22 AM

I'm not sure why cots don't like Dabo...if I were them I would be ecstatic with him being at CU. And I have praised Dabo for many things on here, some only remember the negative.....

KP is one of, if not the only, player I have ever bashed.....and it wasn't while he was at CU. I gave him the courtesy of being gone 1st. In my opinion he laid down his final season here.....others share that same viewpoint they just don't say it on here.

I soured on Leggett when he bunted Jason Embler at the CWS some 20 years ago.....I doubt you even know who that is...but some coot troll does???? Makes perfect sense. Embler was big 1b who led NCAA in doubles and rbi that year....and he got asked to bunt....with an aluminum bat. Of course it was botched and Leggett began his CWS series of blunders and fails.

I support Brownell because I like the way he operates. I really like his motion concepts and coach W ability to develop post players. I think he will succeed here and be ultimately successful. Of course, even if he doesn't, he's already been more successful than any other coach here and 99% of the people on this board in general.

Jun 3, 2015, 8:09 AM

Brownell is "more successful than any other coach here?" I assume you mean at Clemson? Because even if you just mean basketball that is an absurd proposition. If you want to count some ACC benchmarks in an expanded league with a longer schedule then go ahead. But if you are a fraction as knowledgable as you pretend he wouldn't even surpass 3 of our last 4 coaches. I'm one of those that do understand Purnell left him a bare cupboard, but Purnell also proved that you can win and got to the postseason at Clemson. Brownell has dismantled that notion.

This is simply not true.

Jun 3, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

I soured on Leggett when he bunted Jason Embler at the CWS some 20 years ago.....I doubt you even know who that is...but some coot troll does???? Makes perfect sense. Embler was big 1b who led NCAA in doubles and rbi that year....and he got asked to bunt....with an aluminum bat.

According to the Clemson University baseball media guide,Jason Embler never led our team in doubles OR RBI, much less the nation.

Re: This is simply not true.

Jun 3, 2015, 10:22 AM

> I soured on Leggett when he bunted Jason Embler at
> the CWS some 20 years ago.....I doubt you even know
> who that is...but some coot troll does???? Makes
> perfect sense. Embler was big 1b who led NCAA in
> doubles and rbi that year....and he got asked to
> bunt....with an aluminum bat.
>
> According to the Clemson University baseball media
> guide,Jason Embler never led our team in doubles OR
> RBI, much less the nation.

I may be revising history a bit....it has been 20 years or so.....but he was an rbi machine nonetheless and was asked to bunt in a crucial situation.

How about Ryan Mottl being brought in to close in Omaha when all he had ever done was start and promptly throws a sac bunt down the rf line to give a game away???

Our fundamentals have always been poor....we just used to have the talent to overcome them....

How about Jeff Baker being played an entire season at ss while Khalil played 3rd??? I will give them credit for making the move eventually......

Jun 3, 2015, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

You are making this more entertaining!! ??

Jun 3, 2015, 7:32 AM

I heard The meeting went great. In fact they are talking extension. He should be allowed to coach as long as he wants. This man has positively impacted more young men's lives then all you idiots put together. 1% of the people make 99% of the noise. The 1% that hide behind a computer have way too much time on their hands and they have no impact on the situation. Just because a few people that never played or coached at that level cry about the situation doesn't mean anyone is listening. Then your reply is that you are a donor? Really? You're $50 a year donation doesn't give you the authority to pull the trigger on anything. Back off of this man. Be lucky you have him. Wherever you are getting your rumors they are false. Nobody on this forum has inside info because everything I read so far is false. He will be back. Save your energy for football. Go Tigers!

Jun 3, 2015, 7:42 AM

are you kin to mickey

Jun 3, 2015, 7:49 AM

> are you kin to mickey

This made me lol. Thought Plyler then realized you meant Mantle. Could work either way tho lol...

Jun 3, 2015, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

No inside info here. Just passing along what I was told from a baseball person.
Not crying for sure as I have been indifferent on CU BASEBALL since early 90s.
At this point Leggett is what he is...nno need to expect any different.

Wouldn't be shocked at extesion.the last thing any ad wants to do is search for a coach. Surprised -yes. Shocked - no. It also screams lazy ad imo......

Jun 3, 2015, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Coaches met with Clemson AD ]

He is done and everyone I talk to says he should be. You saying 1% is silly. Maybe 1% say he should stay. Guy is 60 plus years old a change is going to have to be made anyway in the near future might as well do it now. I do see him being offered a roll in the ath department.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic